A year and some in the making.....sorry for the lateness of this planning Journal......08/04/12 Sunset Beach Resort, Montego Bay, Jamaica

wow you really did alot!!! great job. we'll be at Secrets in december, i'm def taking some of your ideas! thanks!! lol do you have the vendor contact info for the appleton rum?
Then vendor contact was Annalisa Gordon with Wray and Nephew. I think they are the wholesale distributor for the island. Her email address is Annalisa.Gordon@wrayandnephew.com.

You did an amazing job. Everything looked wonderful. I am getting married at Sunset in January, 2014. After seeing some of your pictures and reading your comments I am glad I choose Sunset, a number of our guests are bringing their children so it is turning out to be a family vacation for most. I do have a few questions if you don't mind. I am doing the shot glass favor and Appleton favor as well; I was looking for a vendor to buy a case of Appleton can you share your vendor. Second, for the reception they indicated only standard white linens were available. The overlays in your pictures were they provided by Sunset or did your florist provide those? Thanks for sharing. It was beautiful. If you have any advice or tips you think would be helpful regarding Sunset, I would love to hear them. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltabelle8 View Post

You did an amazing job. Everything looked wonderful. I am getting married at Sunset in January, 2014. After seeing some of your pictures and reading your comments I am glad I choose Sunset, a number of our guests are bringing their children so it is turning out to be a family vacation for most. I do have a few questions if you don't mind. I am doing the shot glass favor and Appleton favor as well; I was looking for a vendor to buy a case of Appleton can you share your vendor. Second, for the reception they indicated only standard white linens were available. The overlays in your pictures were they provided by Sunset or did your florist provide those?

Thanks for sharing. It was beautiful. If you have any advice or tips you think would be helpful regarding Sunset, I would love to hear them.

Thanks

The vendor contact was Annalisa Gordon with Wray and Nephew. I think they are the wholesale distributor for the island. Her email address is Annalisa.Gordon@wrayandnephew.com.

I rented the overlays from the florist who decorated.  I would probably recommend buying them on ebay and packing them in a suitcase.  If you give them to the WC at the resort, they will decorate using what you give them.  It helps if you have a person present from your party such as a hostess that can make sure they are putting the decorations out as you envisioned. Also, you should be able to sell the overlays when you get back. I sold my sashes in less than a day when I listed them on craigslist.

At Home Reception

We knew that we wanted to do an at home reception once we arrived back from our honeymoon.  We had a lot of people who wanted to attend but could not.  We chose to have our reception on 09.08.12 at a hotel ballroom that was an affordable price.  The date also gave us time to get out photos back from out photographer.  Now my mistake was not asking him to take photos at the AHR as well.  We did not end up with any professional photos from that night!!

Anyway for planning sakes.....I wanted the reception to be Caribbean themed, island music and island food.  I asked the chef to cater the buffet with jerk chicken, rice and peas, roast pork, beef patties.  I wish I had photos!!  I also had cocktail hour and served rum punch as the drink of the night. We had the DJ play steel pan drum music during cocktail hour as well.

I used cocktail hour to display our photos on a slideshow running in the hall, along with poster sized spreads I created at Sam's Club at a great rate.  I had my guest sign a frame from IDOENGRAVABLES.com instead of using a guest book.  I also played our wedding video during dinner.  This was a great idea because everyone had a chance to witness our nuptials.

I also found a photo booth guy on groupon for $250 for 3 hrs.  My godmother put my flowers together and they were absolutely gorgeous!!

I also used the last of my seashells...did I mentioned I ordered way too many from oriental trading.  I ended up spray painting a lot.  I also took every photo of a special guests like my BMs and framed the photos and put them on their tables.  The pics are before I put anything on the table.

We partied until the DJ cut the music off :(  which was 11pm.  My hubby and I adjourned to our room after cleaning up for the night.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm missing something....but here are the only pics I have of that day.

BTW, the dress was from etsy, CoralieBeatrix.

• Like 2

Summing this up......

I think that is all the info I can remember.  If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.  Oh yeah, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and AC Moore were my best friends when it came to buying supplies, especially with coupons!!!

Don't have too much fun in Jamaica.....We didn't know it until around the AHR but we had brought back a stowaway from Jamaica.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

This was my main reason for taking sooooo long to get around to this journal.......

• Like 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlddst View Post

Summing this up......

I think that is all the info I can remember.  If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.  Oh yeah, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and AC Moore were my best friends when it came to buying supplies, especially with coupons!!!

Don't have too much fun in Jamaica.....We didn't know it until around the AHR but we had brought back a stowaway from Jamaica.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

This was my main reason for taking sooooo long to get around to this journal.......

Amazing, beautiful wedding!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!! How exciting for you and your husband to be starting a family together now! Keep us updated on how you are doing!