Sign in to follow this  
pandahugs

Newbie intro :)

Hi all! In a bit of a unique situation here...not formally engaged or have a date yet but we do have a ring. DBF has always stated that he didn't want a wedding (which I assumed to mean he wanted to go the courthouse and get hitched and leave it at that...you know what they say about assuming) but really he was all for eloping! I always pictured in my mind a small wedding, but am willing to consider an elopement with family only as long my parents are okay with it once I get a chance to discuss with them after we get engaged. I am fairly sure my parents will not disown me for not wanting to have a wedding, as long as they are included (which DBF is okay with) and his parents don't care about a wedding as they also eloped.

So, what that means is I am here doing some research (as I hope that he will formally pop the question before the end of the year!) as to where we would like to go. Only things I have been able to narrow down so far is either somewhere in the Caribbean, so Jamaica, Bahamas, St. Lucia, or St. John and an all-inclusive couples resort where there will be a gazebo structure available for the wedding (I am mildly in love with gazebos). DBF refuses to go to Mexico (even though we'd be at an AI) and we'd also like it to be a place where we could actually get married so it won't be a huge issue to transfer it once we're back in the states. I've browsed a bit through Trip Advisor and some other travel websites but can't seem to narrow it down further! Can a girl get some help narrowing her options down?

Thanks and look forward to talking with y'all!

Welcome to our forum community, pandahugs!!! how exciting to be researching an elopement in the Caribbean :) you'll find tons of great info here to help you with planning decisions, as well as lots of support and advice.

Wishing you all the best with your plans.....Cheers!

Photography Is Forever Studios   400

Congrats & Welcome, pandahugs!!! how are your plans progressing? have you found any further info to help narrow down the options? Considering the incomparable beauty of our Mayan Riviera, you really can't go wrong with whichever venue you choose - they're all gorgeous :)

Wishing you happy research, and the Most Beautiful Wedding Ever!!! Enjoy :)

team MTM :)

Thank you photoisforever and MTM for the warm welcome! After doing some more reading, we have decided to vote no on Jamaica so now our options are St. Lucia, Turks & Caicos, St. John, or Nassau! Doesn't seem to be narrowed down very much but I think we might have a while to decide still :)

Thanks lastminbride, kay2015, and shopnboard for the welcomes! Do any of you ladies have input on any of the destinations I listed?

Thanks lastminbride, kay2015, and shopnboard for the welcomes! Do any of you ladies have input on any of the destinations I listed?
Your welcome!! I am getting married in Jamaica in 2015. The reason being we wanted it to be a destination somewhere we have never been. We have been to the Dominican and to Cuba. I loved the idea of either the Bahamas or St. Lucia but for md Jamaica it was because the other two either had a hard time finding an AI for families alot of them were adults only and we have family members that have children who will be going, or it was well over the price that we wanted our guest to spend. So for this reason we settled on Jamaica. Hope this helps!!!