Photo

My Surprise Tea-Party Bridal Shower !!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn963

Jenn963
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

I'm not sure which forum to post this in but I thought perhaps this was the most appropriate one; 

A couple of weeks ago, my bridesmaids and my mom surprised me with an oh-so-cute bridal shower a couple weeks ago!! I was blown away by all the details and work they put in.  My fiance was in on it and can you believe he didn't even give out ONE CLUE?! i was in shock (he sucks at keeping surprises lol).

I wanted to put it out there because I loved everything about it and I had such a great time! It took place at my bridesmaid's back yard and it was a perfect summer day.  She had invited me to her mom's "birthday party" and she cleverly told me the dress code was "garden chic"...she said a cute summer dress...So that's what I went with.  Here are some pics of that day :) 

cupcakes and candy bar....and the carved watermelon my bridesmaid made :) 

my cake!!! it was so cute! and tasted DELISSHHHH!

my table where i sat with my mom/mominlaw/bridesmaids...every table had a cute tea -set as pictured here:

this is me cutting my beautiful cake :)   they had picture frames with love quotes and pictures of my Fiance and I on all the tables.....and of course the tea sets and vases with flowers....

my family playin the "toilet paper wedding dress" game.

my bridesmaids gave everyone who attended (all ladies) sun hats like in that last picture.  they wrote inside the hat "Jenn's Bridal Shower - August 11, 2013 as a take home gift....they also had prizes for winners...and they played various games....ate some good food.  Oh and my bff (who is a photographer) had a mini-photoshoot with everyone....we had everyone take a pic with me individually so that I could have as reminders :) It was all so sweet and so well-planned....

My wedding is not until November....I definitely didn't plan on getting a bridal shower so early on...but because of the unpredictable weather in Canada, it was a great time to throw this party....I was and am super grateful !!! :) I can't stop gushing about how cute it was :) 

#2 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
    • 441 posts
    • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jenn963 

I'm not sure which forum to post this in but I thought perhaps this was the most appropriate one; 

A couple of weeks ago, my bridesmaids and my mom surprised me with an oh-so-cute bridal shower a couple weeks ago!! I was blown away by all the details and work they put in.  My fiance was in on it and can you believe he didn't even give out ONE CLUE?! i was in shock (he sucks at keeping surprises lol).

I wanted to put it out there because I loved everything about it and I had such a great time! It took place at my bridesmaid's back yard and it was a perfect summer day.  She had invited me to her mom's "birthday party" and she cleverly told me the dress code was "garden chic"...she said a cute summer dress...So that's what I went with.  Here are some pics of that day :) 

cupcakes and candy bar....and the carved watermelon my bridesmaid made :) 

my cake!!! it was so cute! and tasted DELISSHHHH!

my table where i sat with my mom/mominlaw/bridesmaids...every table had a cute tea -set as pictured here:

this is me cutting my beautiful cake :)   they had picture frames with love quotes and pictures of my Fiance and I on all the tables.....and of course the tea sets and vases with flowers....

my family playin the "toilet paper wedding dress" game.

my bridesmaids gave everyone who attended (all ladies) sun hats like in that last picture.  they wrote inside the hat "Jenn's Bridal Shower - August 11, 2013 as a take home gift....they also had prizes for winners...and they played various games....ate some good food.  Oh and my bff (who is a photographer) had a mini-photoshoot with everyone....we had everyone take a pic with me individually so that I could have as reminders :) It was all so sweet and so well-planned....

My wedding is not until November....I definitely didn't plan on getting a bridal shower so early on...but because of the unpredictable weather in Canada, it was a great time to throw this party....I was and am super grateful !!! :) I can't stop gushing about how cute it was :) 

Everything looks so nice and well planned.  Kuddos to your wedding party and family its so thoughtful that they surpised you like that.  Looked like a lot of fun.  Only a little over 2 months until your big day....Yay! 

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#3 Jenn963

Jenn963
    • 200 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

thank you NJBride2014 :) it was lots of fun :) 

#4 Xarocas

Xarocas
      • 157 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

That is such a thoughtful idea! You are lucky to have such great people around you! :)

#5 bridemoonpalace

bridemoonpalace
        • 151 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

I'm dying to know what my bridal shower is going to be! They will not let me know any details and it's killing me!

#6 Jenn963

Jenn963
          • 200 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

thank you ladies!!! it is definitely a thoughtful thing to do coming from your close friends and family :) i loved it!  I hadn't even thought about a bridal shower so early on....My bridesmaids and sister and even my mom are such procrastinators that I would have thought they were gonna throw my shower the week before we depart to DR! lol (what little faith i have in them tsk tsk tsk) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users