Any Beach Palace 2014 brides??

Thanks!!  WOW!  SERIOUSLY??! I was thinking about getting hair and make up at the hotel salon as well, I would just like to see some pictures, not really into looking like a bad 80's bride ;). Ive also tried researching a salon that we could go to outside the hotel.  I would love the artists to come to the room but for another $800, I don't think so.  Thanks for the info ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2014 View Post

Thanks!!  WOW!  SERIOUSLY??! I was thinking about getting hair and make up at the hotel salon as well, I would just like to see some pictures, not really into looking like a bad 80's bride ;). Ive also tried researching a salon that we could go to outside the hotel.  I would love the artists to come to the room but for another $800, I don't think so.  Thanks for the info ladies!

I was kind of worried about that too but I am planning on bringing them a clear photo of the makeup and hair I want and having a briesmaid with me to makesure I dont start looking like a hooker! haha

As for leaving the hotel I thought about that too but knowing my luck I would get in an accident or get stuck in traffic and just risk way too much stress.  My thought process it would just be so nice to stay at the the resort sipping memosas and getting pampered instead of rushing around the crazy Cancun streets! lol

On another note I am getting married a few weeks before you so I will be sure to post some pictures of my hair and makeup done at the salon! Atleast then if it is TERRIBLE I can warn you in time! haha

Ha! Sounds good ðŸ‘. I'm sure everything will be fine and yes, sipping a drink or 2 sounds wonderful! One of my bridesmaids is Spanish so fingers crossed there will be no confusion! Have you bought your dress yet? I haven't even started looking! So many styles I like but don't want to chose one that I'll be drenched in sweat after 10 mins of having it on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2014 View Post

Ha! Sounds good ðŸ‘. I'm sure everything will be fine and yes, sipping a drink or 2 sounds wonderful! One of my bridesmaids is Spanish so fingers crossed there will be no confusion! Have you bought your dress yet? I haven't even started looking! So many styles I like but don't want to chose one that I'll be drenched in sweat after 10 mins of having it on!

Yup I just ordered mine at the end of September!  If you look in my profile there is a photo of the sample dress from the store.  It is so light and flowy so I think it is going to be ok for the sweltering hot rooftop lol.

What time is your ceremony booked for?  I kind of took a risk and chose the 4:00pm time.  I know it is going to be even hotter than 6:00pm but I reaaaaalllly wanted the turquoise water.  I have been to Cancun many times and the one thing that bothers me is the hotels all cast such huge shadows over the ocean in the later afternoon.  I just hope it isnt too unbearable. I ordered a bunch of paper fans from Beau-Coup to place on everyones seat incase people start melting away, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayelaisha View Post

Hello Ladies,

We have reserved our date at the beach palace in July!! We're very excite.  If anyone finds a good photographer let me know please.  They're pretty pricey!!!

I got married in Cancun in April 2013 (not at Beach Palace, though I have been there) and continue to believe that I had the best photographer EVER!!  I agree with you that the photographers can be pricey, but photos topped the list of things that were important to me for my wedding.  I went with Claudia Rodriguez and she was worth every last cent!!  People who look at my photos have commented that they belong in a magazine and I assure you that my husband and I are never mistaken for models. :-)  Claudia herself took my photos along with others in her studio.  She was not intrusive, she has a light sense of humor and she captures so many natural moments that almost none of my photos look "posed" because even as we were posing she encouraged us to talk to one another and continue to be in the moment.  She captures light and the surroundings so well!  She had many ideas on how to pose and where to get the best photos.  She also let me incorporate some of my own ideas based on photos I have seen before but she made them SO MUCH better. (My profile picture is a good example of this!)  If you want to send me a PM, I'd be happy to share my online gallery!!

Not a Azul Beach bride.  However, I did just come home from a wedding there a few weeks ago in October.  Loved the resort.  Not sure if it was due to slow season, but the staff was amazing.  Everyone knew all of us guests by name which was nice.  Not much for entertainment.  The shows were just okay.  There was a Michael Jackson tribute show,  a Lion King puppet type show.  One of the nights they had live music - the girl who sang was amazing!   My friend's wedding turned out beautiful.  I think their only complaint was their cake was tiny heart shaped and it cost them $200 extra for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!!

I am booked for August 31st, 2014 at the Beach palace!! I am in touch with kalena at the moment but not yet with the coordinator/planner. I have booked my photographer already and I am now looking into hair/make up but just read about the $800 fee?? Is this for ALL vendors?? That's a ridiculous price for an outside vendor. How about photography? 

I am going for my site visit in december, excited for that and will feel better after I see the actual resort:)!

Anyone tasted their food? How is it?

Renal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobellaa View Post

Hi everyone!!

I am booked for August 31st, 2014 at the Beach palace!! I am in touch with kalena at the moment but not yet with the coordinator/planner. I have booked my photographer already and I am now looking into hair/make up but just read about the $800 fee?? Is this for ALL vendors?? That's a ridiculous price for an outside vendor. How about photography?

I am going for my site visit in december, excited for that and will feel better after I see the actual resort:)!

Anyone tasted their food? How is it?

Renal

Hi congratzzz on your date, mine end of July!!! The vendor fee is per vendor!!! So if you have a photographer and a make up artist, it will be 800 per vendor!! It's outrageously expensive, but I think it's their way of keeping it in house!

I am going for my site visit in February! I will meet with the photographers they have and the salon and ask for a trial hair/make up!

I will let you know how they are! I am trying to get in touch with the photographers so I can meet with them.  I want them to do our engagement photos if I don't like them, then I will cancel them and obtain a new photographer and bite the bullet with the $800.00!!

So far I haven't read anything negative, so hopefully it's not that bad!!