Wedding payments info - Past & present Brides

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mark82

mark82
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

Hi Everyone,

i hope everyone's plans are coming along nicely and no-one is too stressed out!! lol

I'm looking for information on the best way to pay your final bills for your wedding, my thinking behind this question is because every time i try to use my card on a foreign website etc for a large amount on money my bank automatically declines the transaction.

Being from the UK the last thing i want to be doing is chasing around my bank from abroad to get the money sorted.

Past brides i would love to hear your input on how you went about it.

We are getting married in Cancun then going on the Las Vegas afterwards and im just stressing out about having to take so much money with us to cover everything.

i know everything should be ok but you always hear these horror stories that peoples rooms/safes have been broken into etc

Anyway hope you are all well, any comments are more than welcome.

Mark & Elaine

#2 MelB2012

MelB2012
    • 182 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by mark82 

Hi Everyone,

i hope everyone's plans are coming along nicely and no-one is too stressed out!! lol

I'm looking for information on the best way to pay your final bills for your wedding, my thinking behind this question is because every time i try to use my card on a foreign website etc for a large amount on money my bank automatically declines the transaction.

Being from the UK the last thing i want to be doing is chasing around my bank from abroad to get the money sorted.

We are getting married in Cancun then going on the Las Vegas afterwards and im just stressing out about having to take so much money with us to cover everything.

i know everything should be ok but you always hear these horror stories that peoples rooms/safes have been broken into etc

Mark & Elaine

Call your credit card company and tell them to put a note on your file that you will be in "x" country on "x" dates.

#3 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
      • Vendor
      • 336 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hi Everyone,

Mark & Elaine

Hello Elaine,

The best way will be to do wire transfers and pay in cash only the last minute payments that will represent less than 1000 usd. and as Mel says, call your credit card company to let them know that you are traveling.

Best Regards!

#4 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
        • 603 posts
          • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

Quote:

Hi Everyone,

Mark & Elaine

Mark82,

Hello Elaine,

As a wedding planner in the Riviera maya,  We are also agreeing with everyone else advice. We advice you to maybe choose to pay your final payments via PayPal,obviously this method would work when your vendors also use Paypal.  We have found that this method has been stress free.

Feel to ask us for advice and we will be happy to help.

Happy Planning!

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
          weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
          http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
          Joyce

#5 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
          • 441 posts
          • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
          • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

I agree I think paypal is much easier and I feel much secure using that form of payment.

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

#6 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
          • 603 posts
            • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by NJBride2014 

I agree I think paypal is much easier and I feel much secure using that form of payment.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Wedding Dj In Cancun 

Paypal All the way!!

We happy to know that PayPal is working well in the Riviera Maya Area as a method of payment!

Happy planning!

Joyce

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
            weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
            http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
            Joyce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users