Renting the Disco

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:15 AM

Hmmm...for some reason, I didn't even think about staying at the Plantation for the full 4 hours. I knew it was available, but didn't think of it. Now that I'm hearing all of your responses, I'm wondering if maybe I should do that instead of 2 hours there and 2 hours at the disco

#12 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:28 AM

What time is your wedding/reception? You can always do 4 hours at the Plantation and then go to the disco for free. It opens at 11 and one night we went at 11 and the wedding party stayed and partied with everyone else anyway. Just a thought.

#13 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:33 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by starchild
        What time is your wedding/reception? You can always do 4 hours at the Plantation and then go to the disco for free. It opens at 11 and one night we went at 11 and the wedding party stayed and partied with everyone else anyway. Just a thought.
        Good idea, Jamy! My reception starts at 6:30, so if I had the Plantation for 4 hours, then it would be over right in time for the disco!

#14 chicago88

chicago88
        • 699 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:30 AM

I'm going to talk to FI about just staying at the Plantation for 4 hours. I know it's a little more expensive but it would be nice.

Do we know for sure if the DJ is extra or if the $1,000 includes him?

Therese & Jay
          Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
          http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#15 Shenmaat

Shenmaat
          • 98 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:41 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by chicago88
            I'm going to talk to FI about just staying at the Plantation for 4 hours. I know it's a little more expensive but it would be nice.

Do we know for sure if the DJ is extra or if the $1,000 includes him?
            Chicago88,The dj is definitely extra. 150 per hour. So you would be looking at 600 for the DJ and 10 per person for the open bar.
            "An accident of chance became, our lasting gift that day. Some paths may cross but do not always, join in such a way"
            http://tickers.Ticke....84a2/event.png

#16 pouchie

pouchie
            • 189 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:42 AM

We have rented the plantation for 4 hours as well. Chandlyn says there is lots of room for dancing there so I thought it would be better then moving to the disco. That way you get to enjoy your reception set up a little longer!!!

#17 chicago88

chicago88
              • 699 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Shenmaat
                Chicago88,The dj is definitely extra. 150 per hour. So you would be looking at 600 for the DJ and 10 per person for the open bar.
                Ok, thanks!! I'll have to think about it...

Therese & Jay
                Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#18 Cherie

Cherie
                • 83 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

Hello,
                  Thanks for the great response girls! I knew I could count on you!!
                  My wedding is at 4:30 pm, and the dinner at the Plantation starts at 7-9. If I cancel the disco (which I already had the DJ hired for), and moved the reception to the Plantation, I think that would solve all my problems. I'm not really sure I would like to pay $10 pp for the open bar though. That is kind of stretching the budget. Approximately $1800 for four hours including DJ, open bar, and rental of Plantation. Does that sound right? I don't have much time to decide! The wedding is in less than three months!

#19 Cherie

Cherie
                  • 83 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:03 PM

Hello,
                    Thanks for the great response girls! I knew I could count on you!!
                    My wedding is at 4:30 pm, and the dinner at the Plantation starts at 7-9. If I cancel the disco (which I already had the DJ hired for), and moved the reception to the Plantation, I think that would solve all my problems. I'm not really sure I would like to pay $10 pp for the open bar though. That is kind of stretching the budget. Approximately $1800 for four hours including DJ, open bar, and rental of Plantation. Does that sound right? I don't have much time to decide! The wedding is in less than three months!

#20 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,193 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 03:40 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Shenmaat
                      Ladies, The last time I spoke with Chandlyn, she told me that the dj was included. She quoted 2 hours is $500.00 or 4 hours at $1000.00, dinner & dancing included.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users