Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post
 

How is the planning coming along for fellow BV brides?

 

There hasn't been much movement for us. We have the big ticket's locked down ( Ceremony, Reception, DJ, etc) but haven't really done much more... We are starting to get back into planning since were only less than 5 months away! How about you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by awhiteside View Post
 

 

There hasn't been much movement for us. We have the big ticket's locked down ( Ceremony, Reception, DJ, etc) but haven't really done much more... We are starting to get back into planning since were only less than 5 months away! How about you? 

 

Well, I have my dress, planner, venue and one piece of entertainment (mariachi) locked down, and am about to lock down transportation and DJ for my guests in the next 24 hours or less. I am still pretty bummed that they have banned fire dancers and am considering other options.  No luck so far though.  What I really need to do is to send out my invites next week (don't judge me, I sent out save the dates awhile back!!!) and make some decisions on the menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post
 

 

Well, I have my dress, planner, venue and one piece of entertainment (mariachi) locked down, and am about to lock down transportation and DJ for my guests in the next 24 hours or less. I am still pretty bummed that they have banned fire dancers and am considering other options.  No luck so far though.  What I really need to do is to send out my invites next week (don't judge me, I sent out save the dates awhile back!!!) and make some decisions on the menu.

Awww.. So sorry to hear about your fire dancers. When we did a site last, one of the venues ( Grand Coral) had part of their building set on fire due to fireworks. So, given BV has that palapa area ... I'm sure they had to rethink about allowing anything with fire lol..

 

I'm sure you will find an alternative that will be even better... I think we are going plain ole photo book due to budget. We were thinking of arranging a night where we can go see fire dancers.While it may not be the same as having it in your reception, maybe you can arrange a night to see them or if you are having a welcome or rehearsal get together , have firedancers there?

 

And no judging on the invites... were in the same boat! even worse as it looks like we won't be sending them out till mid December. But people have already been booking their travel based off our save the dates and website so were hoping the late invites hasn't impacted people decisions to much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have site visit photos they can share?  

 

I'm also hoping that we can order flooring for under the palapa as some people have walking issues and don't quite like the sand.

 

Does anyone know where "the pool" is?  Is there even a pool, I think I've seen it in a few photographs.

 

Also, is there any indoor resting areas or a place for the bride to get ready?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Do have photos and I believe even a video of some of the areas that I can send you. I wouldn't be able to do it till later tonight or tomorrow morning though.

 

There is no pool at Blue Venado.  You may be thinking of Grand Coral , which does have a pool in their clubhouse. We actually looked at Grand Coral as well. 

 

I believe you can order flooring for the palapa. My wedding coordinator did mention that but I don't know the costs. 

 

I don't think there is an indoor area for getting ready. 

 

I'll try and upload the pictures tonight. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

omg that would be amazing!!  It would really help me to finalize my destination!  Thank you so much!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved Grand Coral, but it was too expensive.  I think Blue Venado is less expensive and is more secluded and beautiful.  Once I see those photos I will be able to decide.  Then I'm going to hire Joyce from Dreamweddings and get the show started!!  She is awesome and so knowledgeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joyce, do you know if there is an indoor area for the bride to get ready inside and have makeup done etc or is it 100% an outside facility?

 

Can't wait to get started!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by awhiteside View Post
 

I Do have photos and I believe even a video of some of the areas that I can send you. I wouldn't be able to do it till later tonight or tomorrow morning though.

 

There is no pool at Blue Venado.  You may be thinking of Grand Coral , which does have a pool in their clubhouse. We actually looked at Grand Coral as well. 

 

I believe you can order flooring for the palapa. My wedding coordinator did mention that but I don't know the costs. 

 

I don't think there is an indoor area for getting ready. 

 

I'll try and upload the pictures tonight. :D 

By the way, if its a pain in the butt you can always email me at autumnstaats@gmail.com .  Do you know where you are getting your hair and makeup done?'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will email them to you tonight. Sorry it just has been so busy!

 

We also looked at Grand Coral but with the rental fee , it was pricey! We did go with BV since it was a more rustic and blank slate so we could do it up however we liked. 

 

I am getting my hair and makeup done where I am staying. The company is best moments. We are renting a villa rather than staying at hotel. Are you looking to get ready outside of where you are staying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×