Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

How is the planning coming along for fellow BV brides?

There hasn't been much movement for us. We have the big ticket's locked down ( Ceremony, Reception, DJ, etc) but haven't really done much more... We are starting to get back into planning since were only less than 5 months away! How about you? 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhiteside View Post

There hasn't been much movement for us. We have the big ticket's locked down ( Ceremony, Reception, DJ, etc) but haven't really done much more... We are starting to get back into planning since were only less than 5 months away! How about you? 

Well, I have my dress, planner, venue and one piece of entertainment (mariachi) locked down, and am about to lock down transportation and DJ for my guests in the next 24 hours or less. I am still pretty bummed that they have banned fire dancers and am considering other options.  No luck so far though.  What I really need to do is to send out my invites next week (don't judge me, I sent out save the dates awhile back!!!) and make some decisions on the menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

Well, I have my dress, planner, venue and one piece of entertainment (mariachi) locked down, and am about to lock down transportation and DJ for my guests in the next 24 hours or less. I am still pretty bummed that they have banned fire dancers and am considering other options.  No luck so far though.  What I really need to do is to send out my invites next week (don't judge me, I sent out save the dates awhile back!!!) and make some decisions on the menu.

Awww.. So sorry to hear about your fire dancers. When we did a site last, one of the venues ( Grand Coral) had part of their building set on fire due to fireworks. So, given BV has that palapa area ... I'm sure they had to rethink about allowing anything with fire lol..

I'm sure you will find an alternative that will be even better... I think we are going plain ole photo book due to budget. We were thinking of arranging a night where we can go see fire dancers.While it may not be the same as having it in your reception, maybe you can arrange a night to see them or if you are having a welcome or rehearsal get together , have firedancers there?

And no judging on the invites... were in the same boat! even worse as it looks like we won't be sending them out till mid December. But people have already been booking their travel based off our save the dates and website so were hoping the late invites hasn't impacted people decisions to much. 

Does anyone have site visit photos they can share?  

I'm also hoping that we can order flooring for under the palapa as some people have walking issues and don't quite like the sand.

Does anyone know where "the pool" is?  Is there even a pool, I think I've seen it in a few photographs.

Also, is there any indoor resting areas or a place for the bride to get ready?

I Do have photos and I believe even a video of some of the areas that I can send you. I wouldn't be able to do it till later tonight or tomorrow morning though.

There is no pool at Blue Venado.  You may be thinking of Grand Coral , which does have a pool in their clubhouse. We actually looked at Grand Coral as well. 

I believe you can order flooring for the palapa. My wedding coordinator did mention that but I don't know the costs. 

I don't think there is an indoor area for getting ready. 

I'll try and upload the pictures tonight. :D 

omg that would be amazing!!  It would really help me to finalize my destination!  Thank you so much!!!

I loved Grand Coral, but it was too expensive.  I think Blue Venado is less expensive and is more secluded and beautiful.  Once I see those photos I will be able to decide.  Then I'm going to hire Joyce from Dreamweddings and get the show started!!  She is awesome and so knowledgeable.

Joyce, do you know if there is an indoor area for the bride to get ready inside and have makeup done etc or is it 100% an outside facility?

Can't wait to get started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhiteside View Post

I Do have photos and I believe even a video of some of the areas that I can send you. I wouldn't be able to do it till later tonight or tomorrow morning though.

There is no pool at Blue Venado.  You may be thinking of Grand Coral , which does have a pool in their clubhouse. We actually looked at Grand Coral as well. 

I believe you can order flooring for the palapa. My wedding coordinator did mention that but I don't know the costs. 

I don't think there is an indoor area for getting ready. 

I'll try and upload the pictures tonight. :D 

By the way, if its a pain in the butt you can always email me at autumnstaats@gmail.com .  Do you know where you are getting your hair and makeup done?'

I will email them to you tonight. Sorry it just has been so busy!

We also looked at Grand Coral but with the rental fee , it was pricey! We did go with BV since it was a more rustic and blank slate so we could do it up however we liked. 

I am getting my hair and makeup done where I am staying. The company is best moments. We are renting a villa rather than staying at hotel. Are you looking to get ready outside of where you are staying?