2014 Sandals Brides please post here

How is everybody with their planning? i am getting married November 8 at Sandals Emerald Bay. So far i have only set up our wedding website at http://www.appycouple.com/ I am skipping the standard STDs and invitations. We will be doing them all through the website. We are inviting about 60-70 people but only think 20-20 will actually come sad.gif Our initial phone call with the pre travel planner will be on October 28.

Hey there! FI and I are getting married at Sandals Negril in July! My first phone meeting with the WC is next Saturday and TBH I haven't looked at any of the selections yet! We are eloping, so I don't have to worry about much of the traditional stuff. So far I have written our ceremony (pieces from all over the web lol) and bought a wedding dress. we have bought our wedding bands. I don't trust sandals photographers, therefore we booked an outside photographer to pick us up after the ceremony. We are going to head to some fun photo spots, then do a TTD shoot at sunset! We are very excited! I figure, we will still have to buy a cheap sandals package, or possibly just pay per pic if we like any of the ceremony. We will have to do something, because ri want a pic or two of the ceremony! I did inquire about the professional "partners photographers" but they were OUTRAGEOUSLY priced:eek: - so after reading plenty of reviews, hiring our own and going offsite was the best idea. We also splurged on a really expensive butler room. I've never been to an all inclusive before, so I'm pretty excited about that too!

Originally Posted by redsoxgrl View Post

Hey there! FI and I are getting married at Sandals Negril in July! My first phone meeting with the WC is next Saturday and TBH I haven't looked at any of the selections yet! We are eloping, so I don't have to worry about much of the traditional stuff. So far I have written our ceremony (pieces from all over the web lol) and bought a wedding dress. we have bought our wedding bands. I don't trust sandals photographers, therefore we booked an outside photographer to pick us up after the ceremony. We are going to head to some fun photo spots, then do a TTD shoot at sunset! We are very excited! I figure, we will still have to buy a cheap sandals package, or possibly just pay per pic if we like any of the ceremony. We will have to do something, because ri want a pic or two of the ceremony! I did inquire about the professional "partners photographers" but they were OUTRAGEOUSLY priced:eek: - so after reading plenty of reviews, hiring our own and going offsite was the best idea. We also splurged on a really expensive butler room. I've never been to an all inclusive before, so I'm pretty excited about that too!

congratulations!!! let me know how your phone meeting goes. trying to come up with important questions to ask our WC. we are doing the seaside serenade package and it includes the basic sandals photography. i honestly care more about the TTD session so we are hiring an offsite photographer to do it and go to some nice locations on the island. what butler room did you get btw and how much was it for your whole stay?

Originally Posted by pongyang2001 View Post

congratulations!!! let me know how your phone meeting goes. trying to come up with important questions to ask our WC. we are doing the seaside serenade package and it includes the basic sandals photography. i honestly care more about the TTD session so we are hiring an offsite photographer to do it and go to some nice locations on the island. what butler room did you get btw and how much was it for your whole stay?

I have a running list of questions too - they are all on my iphone under the notes app.  Since i'm eloping, i probally don't have the same types of questions you would ask.  We originally wanted a small wedding of close family and friends, but the Negril resort isn't completely renovated, so some of the lower room categories are pretty crappy looking, and we didn't want to be responsible for feeling like people paid all this money and their room sucked.  We booked the "Millionaire Penthouse Oceanview Honeymoon Suite with Ocean View", this building is completely renovated.  As far as i know, there are not many rooms in our building and it is on the "quieter" side of the resort.  I would have loved to book a crystal lagoon swim out room, but those were 3k more than what we paid...LOL.  Have you ever stayed at a Sandals?  We went through the big book of all the sandals when we were deciding to get married, and our TA told us Jamaica was the "easiest" island to get married on - LOL that was why we picked it. 

Originally Posted by redsoxgrl View Post

I have a running list of questions too - they are all on my iphone under the notes app.  Since i'm eloping, i probally don't have the same types of questions you would ask.  We originally wanted a small wedding of close family and friends, but the Negril resort isn't completely renovated, so some of the lower room categories are pretty crappy looking, and we didn't want to be responsible for feeling like people paid all this money and their room sucked.  We booked the "Millionaire Penthouse Oceanview Honeymoon Suite with Ocean View", this building is completely renovated.  As far as i know, there are not many rooms in our building and it is on the "quieter" side of the resort.  I would have loved to book a crystal lagoon swim out room, but those were 3k more than what we paid...LOL.  Have you ever stayed at a Sandals?  We went through the big book of all the sandals when we were deciding to get married, and our TA told us Jamaica was the "easiest" island to get married on - LOL that was why we picked it. 

I have never been to Sandals. We usually stay at couples resorts so we decided to try something new. We have been to Jamaica several times. I love it there! Have you been to Jamaica? we wanted to get married at Turks and Caicos but Beaches is not an adults only resort so we picked emerald bay. it's def not an "easy" island to get married on. Our TA said that there are only 2 airlines that fly direct to Exuma haha. My guests are already whining how expensive, too far blah blah blah our wedding is. I really don't care. If you can't make it that's fine just stfu LOL. Do you have your wedding gown yet?

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i am getting married at Sandals Whitehouse, i chose there because it was one of the least expensive for my guest as well as close to negril if they wanted to go there. also it has great amenties, it's one of the newest built Sandals properties, all the reviews are excellent. i use trip advisor for everything since it shows reviews and pictures that travelers actually took and posted, as well as all the rooms(even basic room) are all ocean view

I'm getting married at Sandals Royal Bahamian in May 2014. I had the opportunity to visit there earlier this year while on vacation and love the property. I'm working with Sharai Campbell as my wedding coordinator and really like her so far! I do have a question about how you are structuring your receptions given it's all inclusive? I want to think about it because I dont want to miss any information on my invites!

• 5 months later...

I am getting married July 23, 2014.  We will be eloping instead of the huge wedding we were in the middle of planning before it became too overwhelming for my busy schedule!  We will be having our WeddingMoon @ Sandals Negril Jamaica!  I am so excited!  I just hope I picked the right resort!  I just don't know what to get, what not to get, what to do, what is a waste of money ... etc.  As soon as I booked, I got bombarded with all the extra stuff ... I  just want it simple.  It will be me, my soon to be hubby ... along with my sister & her friend who are tagging along to take the pictures.  I have a travel agent, so that makes it a little easier!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm getting married at Sandals Royal Bahamian in May 2014. I had the opportunity to visit there earlier this year while on vacation and love the property. I'm working with Sharai Campbell as my wedding coordinator and really like her so far! I do have a question about how you are structuring your receptions given it's all inclusive? I want to think about it because I dont want to miss any information on my invites!

how did your wedding turn out ?

Edited by bridetobe122415