Affordable All-Inclusive Resort in the Caribbean

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KristiCay

KristiCay
  • Site Supporter
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

I need your help! I am exhausted from researching various locations for my wedding. I want something affordable for my guests, all-inclusive and GORGEOUS. Unfortunately, I have to rule out the following locations for various reasons:

Jamaica

Dominican Republic

Mexico

I am looking for my guests to pay around $1,500 for 5 days including airfare. I am hoping that this is realistic.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANK YOU!

#2 riz157

riz157
    • 47 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

I suggest reaching out to a travel agent. They will be able to tell you if that's feasible for the time of year you're looking at and can give you resort options. I used beach bum vacations and they are awesome!

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Welcome to the forum, KristiCay and Congrats on your upcoming destination wedding!!! I think riz157 has a good idea with getting a travel agent to lighten your load - in terms of sourcing out a resort and location that fits your requirements.

I wish you all the best with your plans, and that you have the Wonderful Wedding of your Dreams - Enjoy !!!

team MTM asst, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 Recy

Recy
        • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

You are ruling out all the GOOD destinations!!! I wish you the best!!!! Good Luck!!!  1500 for 5 days? If you find something please let us know.

Originally Posted by KristiCay 

I need your help! I am exhausted from researching various locations for my wedding. I want something affordable for my guests, all-inclusive and GORGEOUS. Unfortunately, I have to rule out the following locations for various reasons:

Jamaica

Dominican Republic

Mexico

I am looking for my guests to pay around $1,500 for 5 days including airfare. I am hoping that this is realistic.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANK YOU!

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#5 Recy

Recy
          • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:54 AM

I love your pictures!!!!

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#6 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
            • 3,074 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Thx Recy! it's always fun to hear people's reactions to Linc's artistic talents :)

He follows his passion in "working" - recording Wedding Day Love Stories in photos , which shows in the gorgeous story-telling photos he captures - win / win!

Wishing everyone happy planning, and have the Wonderful Weddings of your Dreams - Cheers :)

team MTM asst,, Lynda :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                  100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#7 travelluvr

travelluvr
              • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'm in the same boat as you, and have an even lower budget. I would like a week for about $1200 per person, all inclusive. I know this is possible out of Toronto. It just won't be a higher end resort. I've gotten a few quotes back between $1100-$1700. It's all over the map. I definitely need an agent to help me out. Cuba is my first choice, I'm having a hard time finding much information though. I swear I've put 100 hours of research into it already. Trip Advisor has been super helpful. They have a weddings section. I know additional costs for a wedding will be added, but I think $1200 for each guest can be done! Off season of course.

Best of Luck!

#8 KristiCay

KristiCay
                • Site Supporter
                • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

travelluvr--Are you also ruiling out Mexico, Jamaica and The Dominican Repulic like me? If not, those will most likely provide you with the budget you are looking for. 

My brother got married in The Dominican Republic at the Magestic Elegance resort in February. It is all-inclusive resort and I highly recommend it. It is BEAUTIFUL!

I am working with a travel agent from Liberty Travel, which has been a little helpful. Sometimes it is difficult to get information from resorts and the travel agent can get the info faster.

Keep in touch! Let me know what you decide! I will also. WE CAN DO THIS! 

#9 photoisforever

photoisforever
                  • Vendor
                  • 192 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

How many guests are you expecting, travelluvr? there is an excellent place in the Dominican Republic that is very reasonable.....but it only has room for about 2 dozen people in total. Could be worth checking out tho, it that's around the size of your group.

If you'd like more info, send a pm and I can send it to you directly.........all the best with your plans!

Photography Is Forever Studios 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users