• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 MelB2012

MelB2012
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dena 

I am having my hair done by Raschel Edwards (I have her booked for all the wedding party).

My "cousin" is doing our pictures, or that's what the resort will think lol.  I felt better bringing someone with us and found it a lot cheaper.

What are you doing.

I definitely think we all need to meet for a drink!

I'm also having my hair done by Rashel Edwards - I booked her for the wedding party (2 bridesmaids) My mom, Nanny, and Aunt.

I booked Christopher Lee through the resort. I didn't want to deal with "vendor fee" issues for photography, and plenty of family will take photos with our good Nikon camera's. I have a few photography nerds in the fam. :)

We should all meet for a drink. The grooms' are going to be a little confused.... "How do you ladies know each other?" Haha!

#22 bentley2009

bentley2009
    • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

I am having my hair done by Raschel Edwards (I have her booked for all the wedding party). My "cousin" is doing our pictures, or that's what the resort will think lol.  I felt better bringing someone with us and found it a lot cheaper. What are you doing. I definitely think we all need to meet for a drink!

Were having our hair done too :) an my friends hubby whose coming is doing our pics (he's a photographer). We definitely should get together for a drink while we're there! My names Christie btw :) We booked the royal golden club rooms for our stay, which area of the hotel are you in? If you'd like, Feel free to friend me on Facebook, I'm the only Christie Alicia on there!

#23 Dena

Dena
      • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by bentley2009 

Were having our hair done too :) an my friends hubby whose coming is doing our pics (he's a photographer).
        We definitely should get together for a drink while we're there! My names Christie btw :)
        We booked the royal golden club rooms for our stay, which area of the hotel are you in? If you'd like, Feel free to friend me on Facebook, I'm the only Christie Alicia on there!

Christie,  I added you!  I am Dena Fleming Fortin on Facebook!

We just booked the regular rooms because we are blowing our budget with the honeymoon.  We are heading out to Negril for our second week to the Sandals resort.

#24 Novr2013Bride

Novr2013Bride
        • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hi Ladies

Looks like I will also be there at the same time as you. I am currently booked for Friday November 15th at 2pm.. Time sure seems to be flying quickly.. Are you girls prepared?

#25 kay2015

kay2015
          • 222 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
          • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MelB2012 

Can you keep a secret?  *shhhh* We "got married" in June. Except we don't call it that. We call it "Paperwork." We wanted to make sure we could get a copy of the certificate before we left, as it was mentioned to me that we would need it for the symbolic ceremony. (I don't know why... but oh well.)

We just received it last week. We picked our second choice wedding date, which was June 7, 2013. We won't recognize it as an anniversary. We aren't wearing our rings. Only our parents and my brother know. (Of course, they made it a bigger deal than what we intended.... But we didn't want to keep it a secret from them. Oh well.)

So Symbolic for us. It gave us a bit more playroom with our ceremony too. Like, I wrote the script and really personalized it to us. And we asked a family friend to "marry" us.... he's not ordained or anything, but he doesn't have to be for our wedding.... Nobody will know. :) .... Hopefully nobody I know is reading my posts. Haha!

We are getting married  in Jamaica in May 2015. this resort is one of three that we are considering, we planned  on doing the same thing getting married home first and just calling it paperwork our wedding date will be the day we have the cermony. But this is good to know, I had no idea that you have to show proof of being married, something to keep in mind if this is the choice of resort that we go with. Thanks so much!!!

#26 Dena

Dena
          • 28 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

OMG girls!!!!!! 3 weeks :) :)

#27 Novr2013Bride

Novr2013Bride
            • 8 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

I was just noticing we are all getting married within a week of each other. I can't believe how quick it's coming up!

#28 staceydale

staceydale
              • 18 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

I'm so excited!

#29 MelB2012

MelB2012
                • 182 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

3 weeks tomorrow, I'll be on a plane.

I can't believe we get married on the same DAY! That's crazy!

#30 Dena

Dena
                  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

We all need to set up a time and place to meet when we are at the resort.  Anyone have any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users