Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica - November 2013

Hi Girls!

With most brides now planning 2014 weddings, I thought it would be fun to open a thread specifically for us going to GBPJ in November 2013!

Who is going when? It's always great to talk to other brides planning around the same time as you... we can bounce ideas off each other, and maybe even meet the week of our weddings! I've already virtually "met" one bride getting married the day before me!

I will be at GBPJ Nov 9-16th. Any one else?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is exciting!! A little over 3 months to go sounds crazy!! I'm going to a couple trunks shows tomorrow on a veil hunt. I'm trying NOT to pay full price... but I know which one I want. I'm on a mission!!

And then it's dress fittings time. I just have to hem my train and maybe an inch off the front of my skirt. and cut most of the corset-panel out.

Otherwise it fits like a glove. :)

I still have to write my vows, and a thank you speech. Finish my guest book (which I made, and it came in 2 days ago. I did a photobook. So cute!) And I have to work on music...

I'm not sure what else I have to do. Oh! and assemble bits of my OOT bags.....

I'm planning on doing a catamaran trip on Wednesday Nov 13th. I was going to book it in advance, but after getting quotes, I'm thinking of just getting everyone together and booking through the resort. I don't think there is going to be much of a price difference, and saving me the hassle will probably be worth it.

Maybe we should have a few brides get together and fill the catamaran!! That could be fun!?

-Mel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceydale View Post

I will be traveling November 16th - 26th! Our wedding is on the 20th!

How have you guy's found the planning? I have booked the Dolce Vita for the dinner and reception but that's about it.

I'm getting nervous, because I feel like I have nothing done!

Hi Stacey!

Planning has been interesting... the wedding coordinators are admittedly, difficult to get a hold of, or a straight answer from. I've just been printing all my correspondence.

We've booked our dinner at the Dolce Vita, and the Gazebo w/ DJ afterwards. I feel similar to you, I feel like I have nothing left to plan, and yet I feel like I've so much to do before leaving? It's bizarre! I've also planned my hair and make up with Rashel Edwards. and I've planned Sky Lanterns (Eco friendly) for afterwards too! Oh, and I've picked my flowers (an upgraded bouquet)... hopefully they have that on file (I know I have printed their confirmation.)...

Other than that, most of my planning/projects and such don't involve the coordinators. IOr, can wait til I get there (meal choices, cake, etc.)

Shame, you are getting there the day we leave! I'll be in Mexico Nov 17-24. :)

Nice to know someone is on the same page as me - I had a number of friends that got married at home (not a destination) this summer and the amount of planning they had to do was crazy!

The coordinators have been slow with their responses but at least I am to the point now that I feel it would be "ok" to plan the rest down there.

Are you having a civil ceremony or are you getting married before hand? I sent along the documentation for a civil ceremony but I haven't heard back yet - of course.... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceydale View Post

Nice to know someone is on the same page as me - I had a number of friends that got married at home (not a destination) this summer and the amount of planning they had to do was crazy!

The coordinators have been slow with their responses but at least I am to the point now that I feel it would be "ok" to plan the rest down there.

Are you having a civil ceremony or are you getting married before hand? I sent along the documentation for a civil ceremony but I haven't heard back yet - of course.... lol

Can you keep a secret?  *shhhh* We "got married" in June. Except we don't call it that. We call it "Paperwork." We wanted to make sure we could get a copy of the certificate before we left, as it was mentioned to me that we would need it for the symbolic ceremony. (I don't know why... but oh well.)

We just received it last week. We picked our second choice wedding date, which was June 7, 2013. We won't recognize it as an anniversary. We aren't wearing our rings. Only our parents and my brother know. (Of course, they made it a bigger deal than what we intended.... But we didn't want to keep it a secret from them. Oh well.)

So Symbolic for us. It gave us a bit more playroom with our ceremony too. Like, I wrote the script and really personalized it to us. And we asked a family friend to "marry" us.... he's not ordained or anything, but he doesn't have to be for our wedding.... Nobody will know. :) .... Hopefully nobody I know is reading my posts. Haha!

I know it feels almost too easy lol! We have everything sent in so now just time to wait! Where are you from and how many are travelling with you? We have a small group of 12 :)

I will be traveling November 16th - 26th! Our wedding is on the 20th! How have you guy's found the planning? I have booked the Dolce Vita for the dinner and reception but that's about it. I'm getting nervous, because I feel like I have nothing done!