• Moderators
  • 562 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cora4600 

Alexis, thank you, thank you, thank you! You did such a good job with your review I keep referring back to it whenever I have any questions about the resort!

I do have a quick question for you, which "bonfire" did you get? I saw that they had two options. One was $500 and one was $1500, and I couldn't really tell what the difference was other then the DJ. 

Thanks! 

-Cora

You are so welcome! We did the $1500 option that included the DJ. It also included a private open bar with a bartender on the beach right next to the bonfire and all the fixin's for s'mores. So much fun! I'm not sure what the $500 option includes. Actually I don't think they had two options in April when we did ours, so you may want to double check with the WC the difference between the two packages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cora4600 

oops, one more question. Do you have to pay extra for the silver chairs? 

Thanks again! Your wedding was gorgeous!

-Cora

Thank you! We had to pay extra for the chiavari chairs (I can't totally remember but I want to say the chair upgrade was $8/chair). But if you upgrade to those chairs you have a lot of color options. We wanted silver but I think they also have black, white or brown.

Good luck with your wedding and plans!!!

#32 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
  • 212 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid - Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

I think the $500 bonfire only includes the bonfire and bar setup. It doesn't include the DJ or any entertainment/music.

#33 SWOK

SWOK
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

$500 is bonfire only. No dj no bar. $1500 for first 20 people then $25 per person after that. Since we had 60 people They gave us a discount to $20 per person...I think that applies if u have 50+

#34 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
    • 212 posts
    • LocationOhio

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jennkn87 

I think the $500 bonfire only includes the bonfire and bar setup. It doesn't include the DJ or any entertainment/music.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SWOK 

$500 is bonfire only. No dj no bar. $1500 for first 20 people then $25 per person after that. Since we had 60 people They gave us a discount to $20 per person...I think that applies if u have 50+

So....if you go with the $500 bonfire, how close to one of the bars would you be? Considering all of the guests are already paying for the all-inclusive package and can drink whatever, whenever..I can't get over that you would pay that much extra for them to drink. I know this would mean you would have a private bar right there at the bonfire, but I just don't know if it seems worth it. It's like the resort is getting paid twice for the drinks and such....

#35 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
    • 212 posts
    • LocationOhio

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

Question - I am looking at chair sashes. I'm wondering how many I will need to buy. Do they use the same ones that are on the chairs for the ceremony for the reception as well? I don't want to have to buy extras when they can just be moved over? Does anyone know how this works?

#36 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
    • 562 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
    • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Quote:

Question - I am looking at chair sashes. I'm wondering how many I will need to buy. Do they use the same ones that are on the chairs for the ceremony for the reception as well? I don't want to have to buy extras when they can just be moved over? Does anyone know how this works?

They'll just move them over for the reception-- no need to purchase twice the amount!

#37 Jennkn87

Jennkn87
    • 212 posts
    • LocationOhio

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thanks!! Has anyone used weddinglinensdirect.com? 

#38 SWOK

SWOK
    • 53 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

Quote:

Thanks!! Has anyone used weddinglinensdirect.com?

i used them for my chair sashes and table runners. they look great!

#39 SWOK

SWOK
      • 53 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

my wedding review at secrets wild orchid

http://www.bestdesti...2013/?p=1820664

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users