alexisinjamaica

Secrets St. James Wedding Review

Alexis- Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!!! I am soo excited to get married at Secrets! I also would like to have my ceremony and reception on the beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkn87 View Post

Alexis- Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!!! I am soo excited to get married at Secrets! I also would like to have my ceremony and reception on the beach!

Thanks so much! It was a lot of fun to plan, and even more fun to actually experience! :) Best of luck to you as you plan-- BDW was a lifesaver for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtneyTX View Post

Congratulations!! Your wedding was gorgeous

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica View Post

We took three large plastic Rubbermaid bins that we taped up really well and checked in as extra luggage. They were only $8 or $9 each so we left them (and some of the wedding items we didn't care about keeping) behind.

As for the dress, we flew American and had to take two flights-- one to Miami and then a connecting flight to Jamaica. On both flights the flight attendants let me hang my dress in the closet. So nice! Having the big bag definitely helps. I'm sure you won't even have to ask-- they are just so happy to help a bride and they offer. I remember on our flight to Jamaica there were 2 or 3 other brides too and we were all able to hang our dresses!

Did you take any glass items in your bins? I'm trying to decide on table decor and the one that I really like includes small glass vases. I'm not sure I'll be able to find them in plastic. I don't want them all to be broken when I get there!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkn87 View Post

Did you take any glass items in your bins? I'm trying to decide on table decor and the one that I really like includes small glass vases. I'm not sure I'll be able to find them in plastic. I don't want them all to be broken when I get there!! 

Yes, we did have glass items-- bowls that we used as vases for the centerpieces. I wrapped everything in bubble wrap and placed them carefully, but in the end one of them broke. We had an extra so it turned out fine, but just be warned there is definitely a strong possibility that could happen! Be prepared with extras or a backup plan if necessary. Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica View Post

Yes, we did have glass items-- bowls that we used as vases for the centerpieces. I wrapped everything in bubble wrap and placed them carefully, but in the end one of them broke. We had an extra so it turned out fine, but just be warned there is definitely a strong possibility that could happen! Be prepared with extras or a backup plan if necessary. Good luck!!

Thanks!! Mine would be small so hopefully that would help!! 

Alexis, thank you, thank you, thank you! You did such a good job with your review I keep referring back to it whenever I have any questions about the resort!

I do have a quick question for you, which "bonfire" did you get? I saw that they had two options. One was $500 and one was $1500, and I couldn't really tell what the difference was other then the DJ. 

Thanks! 

-Cora

oops, one more question. Do you have to pay extra for the silver chairs? 

Thanks again! Your wedding was gorgeous!

-Cora