RIU Palace Cabo San Lucas Bride!! July 2014. Package Question!!! =)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ladies!! It sure helps to hear great things about the RIU Palace! I just got my email today to put in my confirmation code! Next step working on the room blocks!

Room question: Which type of room did you and your FI choose and was it big enough for you to get ready in? Did they give you a room upgrade??

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I just got a big email with package pricing and additional information. One question.... I have the Royal package (which includes 20 guests) but is this only if I have the semi-private dinner?? what if i want the private dinner and pay the $600 rental fee? Do I then have to pay per person per plate? Or do I still get 20 people included and I pay for additional people?

Also, if I were to do the semi-private dinner, do we eat dinner and then move to another reception area? Where would we do the dancing and cake etc?

Hope this makes sense!!!

Thanks,

Alyssa

Originally Posted by AlyssaD21 View Post

OK so I just got a big email with package pricing and additional information. One question.... I have the Royal package (which includes 20 guests) but is this only if I have the semi-private dinner?? what if i want the private dinner and pay the $600 rental fee? Do I then have to pay per person per plate? Or do I still get 20 people included and I pay for additional people?

Also, if I were to do the semi-private dinner, do we eat dinner and then move to another reception area? Where would we do the dancing and cake etc?

Hope this makes sense!!!

Thanks,

Alyssa

The semi private dinner/reception will be in one of the restaurants, I think they section off an area so you are away from the other resort guests. The site fee of $600 is for a private reception- with this you have to pay for either the buffet per person or the plated menu per person. 

Hey AlyssaD21!

I have traveled to the Riu Palace before (2012), and we just had the base room. They are all suites and i found there was quite a bit of room in there!

Are you booking you and your guests with a travel agent? How are you organizing the travel?

I think all the rooms are pretty generous in size (and all the rooms have liquor dispensers so you can mix yourself a drink while you are at it! ;) )

Right now we are just gunning for the base room, but with our travel a perk for having a wedding group is we get a free room upgrade, so i assume it will be the same or a tad bigger!

That's a great question about the number of people the package covers / cost of paying for a function. Since i am in the early stages, i am unaware of how that works too! I think there is a base cost per person, and that would just include a regualr meal together in a restaurant. And additional head charge is still extra, if you have a buffet, or bring a private open bar to your reception location..

Where are you thinking of having your ceremony / reception?

We are thinking beach for both, depending on the costs.. You can book the beach and have your dance there, and i am pretty sure you can have your dance in one of the restaurants, or i have read people book the disco for the dance / reception part.

Ill let you know more when i find out!!

HI RNtoBe!

I see your wedding date was May of this year at the Riu Palace!! Congratulations!!! 

As an experienced Bride, i am just curious if you can help me with a couple things!

Where did you have your ceremony / reception?

Also, for photography, did you bring your own from your hometown as a "guest" or did you hire one from Cabo??

Thanks so much :)

Hi shepforward34, Or any RIU Palace brides!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm leaning towards having the ceremony in the gazebo and then walking down the beach for additional pics! Best of both worlds maybe?? lol.

Also yeah I'm still a little confused about the reception part! I dont necessarily need a private dinner if I have to pay per head in additional to renting the space, but I do want to have an after party with the DJ and dance floor. So thats where the confusion comes!

Since my package includes 20 people if I have a private dinner do I still get the 20 people included? So would it be the $600 for Baja Norte plus any additional people over 20? Or since I am opting out of the semi private dinner do I now have to pay for every persons dinner in additional to the space rental fee??

And if i do have a semi private dinner, do I then rent another area for my dancing and DJ?

Help please!! Thanks =)

PS Shepforward34 your 3 months before me so lets work this out together!! lol

• 2 months later...

Hey AlyssaD21!!

Sorry - I've been so busy lately and slow at responding!

Since the WCs are soo busy with planning weddings, they typically don't work with you until 2 ish months prior to your wedding date, however they are good at answering emails if you ask them questions. Don't panic if it takes a few days for a response, my research proves that it normal and they are just super busy!!

We decided for sure to have our ceremony on the beach. We are still un decided for the dinner/reception.

As far as I understand the 20 people included in your package covers the champagne, cake and regular semi-private meals for your guests and you pay and additional head charge per person above the included 20, and that is ONLY for semi-private atmospheres.

If you want to book the private then you have to pay extra for the meals and/or private open bar depending where you choose. Have you received the price list for the additional charges from the Riu yet? It breaks down how many people you can have min or max at all the locations and gives you a rental cost and also the charge for the meals / bar/ buffets etc!

The menus for the private areas run from 36$ - 80$ some include the open bar, some are extra!

Some of the areas also include a space for dancing and your DJ so it depends where you want to have it.

If you choose the Baje Norte, I understand it is a 600$ fee, plus the dinner charge of 36$ - 80$ (bar is included) and you can dance there as well!

I'm a July 2014 bride too!!!! :) What's your exact date? I am SO confused about packages too, but I went for the most expensive one for now. I NEED MAJOR help though. I am the further thing from a decision maker. :x I have been working with Paulina today. She's has given me a lot of info - my head is seriously spinning. I just have NO idea how this stuff goes. I want the gazebo for sure bc that's where the fiance liked, and like i said.. i HATE making decisions, so we chose that. I am beyond confused about the reception though. I want privacy and I want to dance and drink after. Does anyone know if the steakhouse terrace is private enough? Do you have random ppl walking in and out of the terrace?

Thanks in advance. :)