Photo

Groom and Groomsmen attire... HELP!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 riubride2014

riubride2014
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

My fianc© and I are getting married in Jamaica in January. We have decided on yellow as our color. My bridesmaids and I have chosen, ordered and received their dresses. It has a yellow tulip skirt, the top is yellow with an ivory lace overlay. They are beautiful!! Now for the boys... I'm stumped... we bought their yellow shirts which matched the girls, but that's as far as I've made it. Here are my options... a) grey pants, yellow shirt (rolled up sleeves) and ivory tie B) white pants, yellow shirt (rolled up sleeves) and ivory tie c) beige pants, yellow shirt (rolled up sleeves) and ivory tie d) beige pants & yellow shirt (rolled up sleeves) e) white shorts & yellow shirt (rolled up sleeves) I figured that I'd have more difficulty with the girls than with the guys attire... Any thoughts would be great!!

#2 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
    • Site Supporter
    • 229 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

I love the gray and yellow combinations! So beautiful! If you want my opinion - if possible, can you get them all white shirts? then they could have a yellow tie - Might be easier to pair things with. Typically the groom is the one that only wears the white/ivory tie (you want it to match your dress). Either way it will be beautiful! I have my guys in khaki linen pants with a coral tie, white shirt and a matching khaki vest, have you thought about vests? Maybe a yellow vest? It's hard to picture all of your options! Lol. I hope that helps a little! Good luck!! You should post pictures of the bridesmaids dresses - they sound beautiful! Happy planning :)

#3 riubride2014

riubride2014
      • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

This dress is what my girls are going to be wearing... and that's the yellow shirt I need to find pants for lol

#4 riubride2014

riubride2014
        • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

I've attached a picture of the girls dresses.  My FI and I have discussed the guys' attire and he doesn't want the vest.. we agreed on a tie for the guys.  I think we might end up going with this:

Groom: Ivory shirt (sleeves rolled half way), yellow loose tie and grey pants

Groomsmen: Yellow shirt (sleeves rolled half way), loose ivory tie and grey pants.

I really like the white pants idea, but I think it may blend all too well and they might look washed out.  I still have a bit of time to change my mind though.... sooooooo many decisions! lol

What are your guys and gals wearing??

#5 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
          • Site Supporter
          • 229 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Love those dresses!! So pretty!! I think you have the right idea! That will look great! My fianc© is wearing khaki linen pants, white shirt (sleeves rolled) ivory tie and matching khaki vest, belt and boat shoes. Groomsmen are wearing same thing but with a coral tie and best man has a turquoise tie. Here is my fi: Posted Image My girls are wearing this dress:Posted Image

#6 riubride2014

riubride2014
            • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Oh I love it!! It's going to be beautiful!! I never thought about having the best man wear a different tie!! That's a good idea!!!

My wedding is going to be shoeless while on the beach... nothing is worse then wearing socks and getting sand inside the shoes! lol

#7 ChelseaCat802

ChelseaCat802
              • Site Supporter
              • 229 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

Aw thank you!! As much as I love barefoot idea - mens feet gross me out! Haha. So guys will wear boat shoes with no socks (fi prefers this anyway! Haha) and myself and girls will wear barefoot sandals. Keep me posted on what you choose!! Good luck and happy planning :)

#8 Mrs Smith 2 Be

Mrs Smith 2 Be
                • 162 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

We're doing the coral from david's also.  I was thinking of tan pants (I'm too afraid of the wrinkles with linen), off white shirts, and maybe my FI in a vest.  I've looked at the island importer website but and so afraid to order and the sizes be way off. 

#9 Mrs Smith 2 Be

Mrs Smith 2 Be
                  • 162 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

Chelsea, where did you find the linen pants & vest in the picture?  It looks great!!

#10 Recy

Recy
                    • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

[quote name="ChelseaCat802" url="/t/86910/groom-and-groomsmen-attire-help#post_1927975"]I love the gray and yellow combinations! So beautiful! If you want my opinion - if possible, can you get them all white shirts? then they could have a yellow tie - Might be easier to pair things with. Typically the groom is the one that only wears the white/ivory tie (you want it to match your dress). Either way it will be beautiful! I have my guys in khaki linen pants with a coral tie, white shirt and a matching khaki vest, have you thought about vests? Maybe a yellow vest? It's hard to picture all of your options! Lol. I hope that helps a little! Good luck!! You should post pictures of the bridesmaids dresses - they sound beautiful! Happy planning :)[/quote Great idea!!!

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users