Photo

Hurricane season?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 heathermarie28

heathermarie28
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

hey there, I am seeing lots of people having weddings in june, sept etc. Hurricane season is june-nov right? Anyone been married during that time and had a problem? I want my wedding to be more around aug-sept 2014 but would hate to have to move it indoors  any feedback welcome :)

Heather

#2 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

hi Heather!

Yes, hurricane season is June - November. The most active time for hurricanes in the Carribean is August/September.

That said, I don't think Cancun/RM has gotten hit with a lot of them in recent years. It's a total gamble - even if you pick another month/time of the year, you could still have a rainy wedding day and have to move it indoors.

Our wedding was in early November, with the intention we'd miss hurricane season. As it happened, RM was fine, but NYC was hit with a hurricane right before our wedding - and many of our guests were coming from NYC!! so we had hurricane issues, but it wasn't at all what anyone would have guessed. (travel insurance is very important, especially during hurricane season!)

Originally Posted by heathermarie28 

hey there, I am seeing lots of people having weddings in june, sept etc. Hurricane season is june-nov right? Anyone been married during that time and had a problem? I want my wedding to be more around aug-sept 2014 but would hate to have to move it indoors  any feedback welcome :)

Heather

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users