brides in Jamaica

shugapop1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianaflower View Post

Curious, shugapop1: Have you had any reluctance from parents of small kids coming to your DW? We've been getting some grumbling and not sure what to say to them.

yes and no. Luckily where i'm having mine,it's at sandals so it's adults only so they know that no children will be there. i did have that problem big time when i was having it here in atlanta and i got a lot of grief for having it as dw in place that was for adults only. the bottom line that i explained to them is first of all. this is a wedding, a sacred ceremony. where alcohol is being consumed and served, there will be adults doing and speaking like adults do which makes this a "kid free environment" it makes it not a place for children to patiake in. It's not a backyard barbeque. as the bride you have every right to want what you want.(does''t make you a bridezilla) I've found that when children attend functions like this, as adults, you can't even really enjoy yourself at your own damn wedding. Kids crying, all over place, you can't even dance on floor for them being on floor in the way(parents not saying nothing or thinking and saying"awwwwe, that's so cute) no the hell it's not cute at all. lol. Kids running by licking their finger and on you cake. it's just not a good mix. if you are having a dw where children are not able to attend, as long as you have let parents know in advance in enough time to make accomodations for their children, they shouldn't grumble at all. if they choose to not attend because of that, you have done you're part by providing them all time to govern themselves accordingly. if you are having at resort that allows children and they are complaining about having to pay for children, same thing.as long a you give them ample time to make arrangements either way. i've seen where people get made and stop speaking saying" if my child isn't welcome", neither am i. It's not about your child not being welcome, it's about this is not a environment for children to be a part of. lol

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Ladies and congrats to you all. I am so excited to be joining you. I am getting married in Negril Jamaica on March 7, 2015 which happens to be my mother's birthday. I needed to have this date so I am so happy to have paid my deposit and I have finally recieved my confirmation
Congrats to you

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Deltabelle8 View Post

Congrats to all the JA brides!...I am in January 2014 at Sunset Beach Resort and Spa in Montego Bay...How's the planning going...My nerves are shot...the resort has been wonderful but I am still stressing? How are you all doing? Congrats again...

Hello!! I'm new to this site, I see you will be getting married at the Sunset Beach Resort and Spa in Montego Bay! I'm trying to decide if that will be my location. It's good to hear that you said the resort has been wonderful thus far.  The resort doesn't have great pictures, I have been trying to find someone who has recently gotten married there to tell me their experience and to possibly see pictures.  Have you met anyone up here that has recently gotten married there? The prices are very affordable as well so I was wondering if the quality of the resort was just as great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurebride714 View Post

Hello!! I'm new to this site, I see you will be getting married at the Sunset Beach Resort and Spa in Montego Bay! I'm trying to decide if that will be my location. It's good to hear that you said the resort has been wonderful thus far.  The resort doesn't have great pictures, I have been trying to find someone who has recently gotten married there to tell me their experience and to possibly see pictures.  Have you met anyone up here that has recently gotten married there? The prices are very affordable as well so I was wondering if the quality of the resort was just as great!!

i'm sure that wherever you choose it will be lovely. i love the resort i've chosen and it has great reviews. i unlike some was able to chose the the one i did because i didn't have any children under 18 coming

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurebride714 View Post

Hello. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. When I first started planning, I was going to go with the Wyndham but it was not working out so well and then we decided we wanted to make it a family vacation, so I went with Sunset because it appears to be more "kid" friendly. As far as pictures, there is a thread for "Sunset Beach Resort Brides" (I think that is the thread but if you put that in the search bar it should come up) and some brides posted pictures of their wedding there or they put links to websites of their wedding. I too am a little skeptical about the quality and it has received mixed reviews but the wedding pictures I saw looked great and I also found someone's wedding on You tube and it was gorgeous, so I decided to go with it. So even if it is not five star, I know my wedding will be lovely and with family, friends, and a new husband what else matters. Good Luck and feel free to write back with questions. The staff has been nothing but wonderful. Another plus is that you get a state side coordinator as well as a coordinator on the island so that has been very helpful. Let me know if I can help anymore.