Riu Ocho Rios Arch Decoration options

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found them! Thanks so much Lizz. I was reading through the thread and realized I might have another problem... My cousin is doing my photography and I read the last 3 pages of the thread about how bad Michael is, the additional cost he tries to charge, and all that... I just sent Chandlyn a email about it, but I am not paying extra to him and I am not going to have him threaten my cousin, and I am not going to have to tell anyone off while on my wedding/honeymoon/vacation. I "might" have him do the video, but I really don’t like how he responded to you guys.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction for the arches. Do you know if you can bring your own decorations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLyteful View Post
Found them! Thanks so much Lizz. I was reading through the thread and realized I might have another problem... My cousin is doing my photography and I read the last 3 pages of the thread about how bad Michael is, the additional cost he tries to charge, and all that... I just sent Chandlyn a email about it, but I am not paying extra to him and I am not going to have him threaten my cousin, and I am not going to have to tell anyone off while on my wedding/honeymoon/vacation. I "might" have him do the video, but I really donâ€t like how he responded to you guys.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction for the arches. Do you know if you can bring your own decorations?

It seems like Michael is a huge pain in the a**. I'm sure all of the brides that are going before us will report back to how he acted. Don't start worrying too much til we hear more. Let me know what Chandlyn says about it though.

Yes, we can bring our own decorations. I'm bringing stuff for centerpieces (candles and frames) and some other stuff. I would love to bring everything, but keep reminding myself I have to get it all down there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzzygirl View Post
Michael did not take any pictures at my wedding, we had another Riu photographer. There are a few. And yes you can bring any decorations you want, Just have someone in your family or a friend set it up for you.
Thanks Jerzzygirl! Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to get everything down there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
It seems like Michael is a huge pain in the a**. I'm sure all of the brides that are going before us will report back to how he acted. Don't start worrying too much til we hear more. Let me know what Chandlyn says about it though.
Hey Lizz, Ok I received a response from Chandlyn…

My email:

Good afternoon Chandlyn,

I have a question about the wedding photographer. My cousin, who will also be a guest at the resort and is attending the wedding, is going to do the photography for my wedding. It is my understanding that outside photographers are allowed as long as they are a guest of the resort. Is this information correct?

Is there a fee/fine if I do not use the resort photographer?

I would just like to make sure that I properly allocate the correct amount of funds to each area of my wedding.

Your assistance is truly appreciated.

Thank you,
-------------------------------
Chandlyn Response:

Hi Davina

For information on Photo arrangements, please contact Michael at
weddings@photoshopjamaica.com as he will be better able to assist you.

Regards
Chandlyn

So, she really didnâ€t answer my question at all and referred me to Michael. I really really donâ€t like how he responded to you girls and I would prefer to get the information from someone at the resort, not Michael, who has a contract with the resort. Iâ€m just becoming so nervous because Itâ€s my favorite cousin (who will have her brand new baby with her) who is doing my pictures and I will not have anyone giving her a hard time.

Wow ... this is crazy about the Michael guy. I hope we don't get any grief for bringing our own photog -- but she is also a guest at the resort -- so hopefully it won't be an issue. We're getting married in the DR -- but anything like this makes me wonder.