Photo

Newly Engaged- so excited!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Hannah0314

Hannah0314
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

Hello Ladies! I am new to this but excited to be a part of this wonderful site. I am getting married in May/June of 2014 and have no idea where to start! My fianc© and I are wanting a late afternoon sunset wedding on the beach..not sure where to go..I love love love Dreams Riviera in Cancun but want to explore my other options. Mexico is beautiful but I've heard awesome things about Hawaii and Dominican Republic. I am planning on having about 30 guests- definitely going to need some help! So excited and blessed! Congratulations to everyone and I wish you all happy planning!

#2 Recy

Recy
    • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

Congrats!!!! I just decided on my resort in Jamaica. My next steps are locking in the date and getting guest information. Since I am thinking about Nov 2014 or early 2015 I am just researching DIY stuff and reading reviews of guest leaving my resort. My prices are not available for the resort or flight as of yet so right now I am just planning every thing out!!!

Originally Posted by Hannah0314 

Hello Ladies! I am new to this but excited to be a part of this wonderful site. I am getting married in May/June of 2014 and have no idea where to start! My fianc© and I are wanting a late afternoon sunset wedding on the beach..not sure where to go..I love love love Dreams Riviera in Cancun but want to explore my other options. Mexico is beautiful but I've heard awesome things about Hawaii and Dominican Republic. I am planning on having about 30 guests- definitely going to need some help! So excited and blessed! Congratulations to everyone and I wish you all happy planning!

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#3 Recy

Recy
      • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:05 AM

I got engaged May 18, 2012 so I REALLY need to get on the move with the date and planning!!!

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#4 Marymack

Marymack
        • 414 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

Hi Recy...what have you done so far?

#5 Recy

Recy
          • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:46 AM

No much, I just decided on my resort. I am now thinking of a date so I can lock it in by middle of November. I already know what DIY invited I am using so right now I am trying to get my 150 post to get the template FREE~!

I am now thinking about my wedding party and asking my FI to think of what he will wear in Jamaica. I am taking baby steps and trying to research as much b/c when I lock my date in I want my save the date to be ready and shipped out at least 2 weeks later. That is my plan anyway!!

What have you already done? I hope I am not behind on task. Thinking of Nov 2014...

Originally Posted by Marymack 

#6 Recy

Recy
            • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

Thinking about Nov 14 or Early 2015... I wanted Nov 2014 but I may need more then 12 months to plan!!! So my next date is March 2015. I doubt Nov 2014 will be do-able! We shall see...

#7 Marymack

Marymack
              • 414 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

For some reason my phone won't let me quote but anyway Recy if you work quickly you can probably do Nov. If you are having guest I would book first then work on invites. Also if you don't have your dress that should probably be next as it takes awhile for them to be made....

#8 Recy

Recy
                • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

For some reason my phone won't let me quote but anyway Recy if you work quickly you can probably do Nov. If you are having guest I would book first then work on invites. Also if you don't have your dress that should probably be next as it takes awhile for them to be made....

Thanks!!!! Yeah, i plan to lock my date in early Nov 2013 and If I stay on top of planning I should be good with Nov 2014. I wanted November for the off season and cheaper prices.

#9 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
                  • 3,074 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

Welcome to the forum, Hannah0314, and Congrats on your destination wedding next May/June!!! it's a very exciting time, for sure!

Wishing you happy research, and that you find the ideal location to celebrate your Big Special Day!!! Cheers :)

team MTM :)

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#10 cocoluv

cocoluv
                    • 177 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

Welcome and congrats!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users