Turks 2014 - GBC Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mpappas

mpappas
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

Hi ladies! 

I'm getting married at Grace Bay Club on June 28, 2014.  We're really excited!  I hired Lynne from Nila Destinations as my planner.  I would love some of your opinions though.  I am an event planner myself so I'm really picky about certain things and I'd love to hear some feedback from anyone who's had a wedding at GBC or dealt with the vendors I'm looking at. 

Right now, we are thinking about 70-75 guests will come down.  I want to do a sail excursion or sunset cruise with just my wedding party, their dates, and parents on that Thursday.  I've been chatting with Sun Charters and they seem reasonable price-wise.  Any other recommendations?

I'm also wondering who people used as a videographer?  The one I am looking at is $2,700 for four hours.  Seems like a lot to me! Any other suggestions?

We're also planning to use Kissing Fish for our welcome reception on the beach the night before (in place of a rehersal dinner). This would just be cocktails and passed canapes (not a full sit down dinner). Did anyone else do anything like this?  How was it?

Has anyone hired the Junkanoo band for the reception? How was it?  Seems REALLY expensive and I want to know if it's worth it! 

My fiance and I are going down in October to scope everything out and meet with the vendors and such.  We'll leave a suitcase there with some stuff too...What else does everyone suggest?  What do I need to buy and bring with me?  

Thanks for all your help!!

Michelle 

#2 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
    • Vendor
    • 336 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

If you want to see details on GBC weddings, you can check our blog to see photos.   I also have a Pinterest acct where I have pinned wedding and reception set ups here and they are labeled on each pin the location.  (my pinterest is Krystin Mann and the board is wedding locations)

here is a search result for Grace bay club weddings on our blog

http://www.brilliant...ay club wedding

Sun Charters (the boat is Atabeyra, pronounced at-a-bear-a) is the company that residents use on island.  David built the boat from the ground up and it's a sailing schooner that at one point they used to bring rum and fruit back from the Dominican Republic.  It was refitted to be a tour boat and it has a LOT of character and is one of kind.  They do a great trip and have a wonderful staff.  It's the boat we take friends on when they are visiting and if we have events going on locally it's the one we charter.

Kissing Fish does a great job.  Joan and Clive are fabulous and the food is excellent.  Joan is a type A personality and takes a lot of time with attention to detail.  They have been doing this for years and are very good at what they do.  A search for Kissing Fish or Bay Bistro on our blog will show set ups and you can also check out my Pinterest board for that as well.  It's a fabulous location on the beach. 

When you get here in October, meet with all your vendor options, have dinner or lunch at Bay bistro and take it all in.  I think you will find Lynn and her team at Nila will be a great fit.

Krys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users