• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tiffany Ellison

Tiffany Ellison
  • 16 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

Hi everyone :) 1st post!! (actually my 1st post ever on any forum...ever!)

I got engaged in February and haven't even started planning the wedding! Am I the only one who didn't pin their dream wedding on Pinterest before getting engaged??

Anyway, what I DO know is that we want a beach wedding at an all inclusive resort...somewhere! Thinking Mexico (we're from Texas) because we want to keep our guests at about $1000 (would Mexico be the best place??!)

I've been lurking on these boards a few days and the weddings and resorts and ideas are all gorgeous but I can't tell if guests costs are a main concern for anyone?

Thoughts?? I'm open to anything!! Looking forward to hearing from y'all :)

#2 brownsugarbride

• 599 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

Congratulations on your engagement Tiffany!  Mexico is a great place to have a wedding at an all-inclusive.  Due to the fact that there are so many AIs, there is enough competition to provide a variety of options at different price points. A lot of people do Cancun, but depending on where you are in Texas, heading to the Pacific coast might be a better bet in terms of cheaper plane flights.  If you are considering the Caribbean, Jamaica might be another option to consider. 

Personally, the prices my guests had to pay were a concern, as the only AIs that I thought would provide me with the privacy that I wanted would have been far too expensive for my guests. Thus, I picked a very reasonably priced all inclusive in Puerto Morelos, and am busing my guests out for an intimate, private wedding reception in Playa del Carmen about 30 minutes away.  I hope this helps! Again, welcome!

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,071 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

Hey Tiffany  Welcome aboard, and Congrats on your engagement and beach wedding on the horizon!!! you're totally right - there's nothing like sharing sand in your toes and being with the love of your life, family n friends - FUN!

Wishing you all the best with your plans and that your Big Day is everything you Dream it will be - Enjoy !!!

team MTM

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#4 photoisforever

• Vendor
      • 192 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Howdy Tiffany + Welcome to our forum community

Congrats on your May 2014 destination wedding!!! - the time will go by real quick - tho still give you enough time to form your perfect plans - y'all enjoy :)

Photography Is Forever Studios 

#5 bridemoonpalace

• 151 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

#6 tor86

• 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

Hi Do you provide photography at the Gran Caribe Real hotel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users