How Did You Decide On Your Venue??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shaeshae18

shaeshae18
  • Banned
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

I'm pretty set on a DW at an AI, most likely in the DR or Cancun.  I'm just wondering how you guys narrowed down which resort you chose for the venue??

I'm looking for something that would both be luxurious and affordable for my guests. We cannot do adults-only, we will have children there. I'm hoping for something that is around $250-300/night per couple. Also, it HAS to have good food. That's my number 1 concern, other than it looking pretty lol - I want my guests to enjoy the food both during my wedding and during their stays. 

I want the ceremony on the beach and likely do a dinner at one of the restaurants (to save money) and then have a 2-3 hour party afterwards (dancing, cake, etc). 

Our wedding budget is about $15k, but that should include our (bride/groom) stay, as well.  I'm really hoping to keep the wedding itself at $10k (including my bridal attire). 

I've been looking at Paradisus Palma Real, Majestic Elegance/Colonial, etc.  Anyone have any suggestions for resorts that will be around that price that are not adults-only and what made you choose your resort (what did you like about that resort that was different from the other ones)?

THANKS in advance, ladies!

-S

#2 shaeshae18

shaeshae18
    • Banned
    • 153 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

I forgot to mention that I'm getting married in 2014, I don't want the weather to be too hot, so I'm thinking the weekend after Christmas 2014, right before NYE.  I understand this is high season, though.

-S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users