Satin + TTD?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peach

• 1,293 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

Okay, I need some help here ASAP. I just started worrying. I am a week away from leaving, and guess I need some reassurance.

I really want to do a TTD, and I really want to wear my actual wedding dress. But I am also wearing my actual wedding dress for our AHR a month after the wedding. I have asked similar questions before, and have gotten different answers, so I am asking it straight right here.

My dress looks like chiffon, because it IS chiffon - but the layer under it, I THINK, is satin. 

Is this going to horribly stain during our TTD? I plan on getting it drycleaned quickly (if possible) between our wedding and AHR if needed (though I would rather have it in okay shape and not need that to happen). If I was not having an AHR I would not care at all. I am hoping the chiffon overlay would hide stains a bit. I am not sure.

I am getting worried about it; not sure of other options though at this point. I guess I am just wondering what everyone else's opinions and experiences are.

Here is the dress to give you a better idea:

On the model.

And when I first tried it on in the store.

Please help!

#2 AllieH

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

more than likely water will stain satin. but it all depends on what kind of satin it is - rayon blend, polyester blend, or silk blend. 

I'd either get a 2nd (knock off) dress, or not go in the water during your TTD, just in case, since you need to wear it again.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users