I need your help girls.......

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:05 PM

I want to reiterate what Courtney said, with sand in the frame its going to be sooooo heavy. So be careful about that. Also, we brought our vase home with the sand in it and let me tell you it does not look as pretty anymore as it did after the ceremony, so please keep that in mind it will shake up a lot and our just all mixed together. We still love it, but I just want you to know that it will not stay that way in the frame and to keep that in mind.

#22 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
    • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

Oh no! I love this soooo much! This past weekend I just bought our vases for the sand ceremony but now i think I am going to change my mind!! What an awesome idea! I really loved yours too Amy! I will probably do something like you guys did..

#23 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
      • 161 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

Oh no! I love this soooo much! This past weekend I just bought our vases for the sand ceremony but now i think I am going to change my mind!! What an awesome idea! I really loved yours too Amy! I will probably do something like you guys did..

#24 amy706

amy706
        • 506 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

VERY COOL IDEA! I love it. What a keepsake- even if the sand is jumbled! :)
          Amy706
          Washington, DC
          Dreams Tulum
          December 5, 2008
          Pro Pics- Citlalli from Claudia Rodriguez:http://claudiaphoto...../december/a_m/Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31997Dreams Tulum Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33518http://ticker...

#25 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:49 AM

So I am still confused...do I just buy a shadow box and then put another frame inside of the shadow box or do I just glue/tape the pics I want to the back of the shadow box and then fill the bottom w/ sand?

I think it would look cool to pour it into the frame and then have that sitting at like the guest book table or something during the night...

#26 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
            • 1,266 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:10 AM

How long would that take to put sand in? I would think a long time...

#27 Alipires1

Alipires1
              • 298 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:41 PM

I found this site. I e-mailed them to find out if they can make a three glass frame so the picture can be changed once you are married. I'll get back to you on that, but for now...Sandframes | Custom frames with a touch of class Check out the site.

#28 Alipires1

Alipires1
                • 298 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

So Basically the guy avoided talking about price so I assume they are expensive. I went to AC Moore today. They have photo collages on sale. I got a 10 x 10 floating photography display for 19.99. When I find my camera charger I will post a picture.

It has three sections and the lid slides off. The inside layer is less than 1/2" so it will not take long to fill and I can use the front section for an engagement picture and the back section for a wedding picture when we get them. AC Moore has a coupon floating around the internet for 50% off any item tomorrow. I'm using mine for something else so I bought the frame today.

#29 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

OMG I love this idea.... Too cute I want to do it..

#30 Saraha

Saraha
                    • 2,597 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

Thats rude!!
                      Well What I ended up doing because I couldnt find it anywhere was I went to Michaels and I got a shadow bow with a black frame around it. The I am getting another frame (obviously smaller) and I and gluing this "floating" frame the the middle of the shadow box and fill it all with sand. I will post pics of everything when Im done, its kinda hard to explain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users