Help with ROR reception options

I need some help with my reception at the ROR…

My dinner has just been confirmed for May 29 (Thursday) from 6:30 – 8:30. When I asked Chandlyn about renting the disco, she said it was already booked. So I asked her how much it would cost to setup the reception on the beach. I was told I could have it at the beach bar for $10pp for open bar and cost of entertainment. Iâ€m not sure how many guests are going to come, it could be anywhere from 20-40. What do you guys think? Has anyone been to the beach bar? If so, what is the setup like? Does anyone have a picture of it? Would we be able to do the whole reception (dancing and all that) there?

I just want to be able to party with my guests. Does anyone know if the resort has parties every night? Iâ€ve heard about a party on Fridays…. Iâ€m just not sure. Help!

I can only recall one beach bar and I think it's below Mammee Bay. It is mainly sand, there is a small area that is slightly elevated, covered, and paved or tiled. There were a few tables there. If they took the tables out that could be a dance floor oy you could dance on the sand. Maybe they could set up tables and chairs on the beach? Normally there are loungers there. These are the best pics I have to kind of show where it is. Sorry they are so big!

The bar is down this ramp and to the right, kind of to the right of where the trash can is.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hubby didn't like this pic of himself and made me take him out, the white part in the foreground is him..lol That is the left side of the bar.

The bar was behind us here

Thank you so much for the pics!!! It gives me a better idea. So you think we could have the tables and chairs moved down on the sand (if Chandlyn allows it) and have the dancing up on the left side of the bar? Or, maybe that is where the DJ can setup, now that I’m thinking about it, I wouldn’t mind dancing in the sand. It seems like there is a lot of traffic right there. Are there always a lot of people in that area? What do you think about that area for a reception?

Also, Chandlyn says there is a charge of $10 pp for an open bar. Is the actual bar open all the time? Or is it available only at certain times?

I really appreciate your help

That actually sounds like a nice plan; reception on the beach! I'm sure it's going to be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLyteful View Post
Also, Chandlyn says there is a charge of $10 pp for an open bar. Is the actual bar open all the time? Or is it available only at certain times?
If you're paying for the bar, I'm guessing that they'll leave it open to you for at least a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBride View Post
I am having my Welcome Cocktail party at this beach bar. It is called Seagrape. Our party is from 8-11pm for $10.00 per person. That bar usually closes at around 5 or 6 pm so the cost is to have a bartender there and keep it open when it's normally closed. I will be back from Jamaica on November 13 and I'm sure I will have lots of pics of the cocktail party to post so you can have a better idea of what it looks like. I think it's a great alternative to the disco though!
Thank you so much MoBride!!! Any and all additional info and pics you provide from your experience would be totally appreciated. Also any suggestions and advice is totally welcome. Iâ€m beginning to warm up to this idea… Are you going to have any decorations and entertainment for your welcome cocktail party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
That actually sounds like a nice plan; reception on the beach! I'm sure it's going to be great!

If you're paying for the bar, I'm guessing that they'll leave it open to you for at least a few hours.
Heidi, what are your plans for your reception? Are you doing anything on the beach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBride View Post
I am having my Welcome Cocktail party at this beach bar. It is called Seagrape. Our party is from 8-11pm for $10.00 per person. That bar usually closes at around 5 or 6 pm so the cost is to have a bartender there and keep it open when it's normally closed. I will be back from Jamaica on November 13 and I'm sure I will have lots of pics of the cocktail party to post so you can have a better idea of what it looks like. I think it's a great alternative to the disco though!
I'm doing the same thing as Mo...my welcome party will be at Seagrapes. I think that sounds like a great idea to have your reception dancing there. Dancing on the beach will be great! I'm sure Mo will have so much info and pics for you when she gets back, don't worry!

I didn’t even think about mosquitoes….I’m going to see if there are any other options for the reception. Totally let me know how everything goes for your mixer, wedding and reception. And you know all of us ROR brides are going to want to see all of your pictures. I cant believe your wedding is so soon! 3 weeks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by md_ocr View Post
another alternative is just to extend the plantation for 4 hours instead of 2. For the first 2, eat, and then last 2 hours, dance. I was told that the plantation has an area for dancing.
Oh, didnâ€t even think of the Plantation. And Chandlyn didnâ€t even offer it. Is there an additional cost and a certain guest count needed to have the reception dinner at the plantation? I'm working with a VERY tight budget and every time I mention any additional cost he says "What are you talking about ...upgrades...I thought everything was included... isnâ€t this a all inclusive resort?" He just does not get it, so I'm just trying to give him a total and kinda skim over each individual cost. But I dont think that is going to last much longer. smile35.gif