Photo

paying upfront

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Soooo....did any brides pay their whole purchase order before they left?

I decided to pay ahead of time (it's now paid off- photography, zuniga decor, ceremony, everything!) so I wouldn't have to worry or stress about it while on vacation.

But now I'm regretting my decision. I guess I should have though about the "service" business a little more. I'm worried that now that they have their money, I won't be provided the best customer service. You know? I know that may be silly of me, and I;m sure they'll still treat us very well and my day will be perfect, but it would've probably been smarter of me to make the deposit, and pay the rest AFTER the wedding, knowing everything was how I expected.

ugh...regretting this now.

#2 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
    • Vendor
    • 336 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nicolew412 

I decided to pay ahead of time (it's now paid off- photography, zuniga decor, ceremony, everything!) so I wouldn't have to worry or stress about it while on vacation.

But now I'm regretting my decision. I guess I should have though about the "service" business a little more. I'm worried that now that they have their money, I won't be provided the best customer service. You know? I know that may be silly of me, and I;m sure they'll still treat us very well and my day will be perfect, but it would've probably been smarter of me to make the deposit, and pay the rest AFTER the wedding, knowing everything was how I expected.

Hi Nicole,

I can understand as a customer how you are feeling... BUT since a vendor point of view, here in the area most of the vendors are used to be payed 100% in advance before the wedding.

If your vendors are hired through the hotels or are reliable and stablished companies and belong to a forum, I am sure they will do their best in order to fulfill your expectations, perhaps your worries can be acceptable for some mariachis that you find on the street or some small vendors that are not stablished companies but not with the big ones so do not worry...

15 years ago, it happened to me that a Bride wanted to pay in cash directly to certain of her vendors that requested to be payed in cash right after the wedding and she lost all the money somewhere between her room and the reception area... and her credit card was blocked to protect her so she had to ask all her guests to lend her some cash... so it is wise to avoid any type of stress even after your wedding.

Happy Planning!

#3 Nicolew412

Nicolew412
      • 148 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Yazmin De La Mora 

Hi Nicole,

I can understand as a customer how you are feeling... BUT since a vendor point of view, here in the area most of the vendors are used to be payed 100% in advance before the wedding.

If your vendors are hired through the hotels or are reliable and stablished companies and belong to a forum, I am sure they will do their best in order to fulfill your expectations, perhaps your worries can be acceptable for some mariachis that you find on the street or some small vendors that are not stablished companies but not with the big ones so do not worry...

15 years ago, it happened to me that a Bride wanted to pay in cash directly to certain of her vendors that requested to be payed in cash right after the wedding and she lost all the money somewhere between her room and the reception area... and her credit card was blocked to protect her so she had to ask all her guests to lend her some cash... so it is wise to avoid any type of stress even after your wedding.

Happy Planning!

Hi Yazmin,

Thank you for your response! Yes, I'm sure you're right. It definitely feels good that everything is paid for already and I don't have to stress about that.

#4 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
        • Vendor
        • 336 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hi Yazmin,

Thank you for your response! Yes, I'm sure you're right. It definitely feels good that everything is paid for already and I don't have to stress about that.

Yes Nicole,

You did the right thing so do not worry.

Our best wishes on your upcoming wedding!

#5 AllieH

AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Yasmin is right - this is preferred by most vendors (US or Mexico), so you're ok! We paid for all of ours before we left too. And then had a few changes when we got onsite, and paid the difference there. So no worries. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users