2014 Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Brides

@budgetbride2015@jennifernoel1

Misha Earle is a Jamaican photographer who we have booked and she takes care of the vendor fees! Her pricing is reasonable compared to others I've researched and her photos are beautiful! I've also read great reviews on her on here.

I guess it's my turn to do my wedding review!  :)

January 10, 2014

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Check In: A

We arrived in Jamaica around 4 pm. We had a bus ready to pick us up that took us straight to the hotel. It was a quick 20 minute ride. Once we got to the hotel, we had to leave all our bags outside while we were checking in. We had a large group, 30 people, so check in took a while. They went as quickly as possible, but it still took a while. You do get a free smoothy while waiting in line though!

TIP: Find out your guests room numbers BEFORE you separate to your rooms. We did not do this because we were eager to get all settled in, and then we found ourselves sitting on our bed thinking "What now?" because we had no idea where anyone was, and no one brought a phone! Luckily, we started running into people as we explored the resort and then we made a plan to meet up. 

Room: A

We had the oceanfront room being the bride and groom. It was AMAZING! The room was so huge, great views, fridge stocked daily. Amazing! I didn’t notice a huge difference between ours and other guests rooms other than the view, but reguardless you still have a view of the ocean. I have noticed some people commenting on the “wear and tear” of the room, I didn’t notice anything. It was always clean and stocked and we loved it. We didn’t hear any complaints from our guests either. Honestly, you only spend time in the room to get ready and to sleep, so its not a huge deal anyway.

Resort: A++

Every single person in our group had an amazing time! We are already planning another group trip back!J We went in January and the weather was PERFECT. 80 and sunny every day, no humidity and low wind. It rained one day for about 20 minutes and then stopped and went back to being sunny. They play games by the pool every day. The star friends are amazing! They walk around and try to get everyone involved in the fun. It might be kind of annoying at first, but just join in on the fun! You will regret it if you don’t! Everyone has the relaxed “no problem” attitude. Love it!

Salon/Spa: B

My husband and I took the free couples massage as a part of the wedding package. The massage was good, but not great. I work at a salon back home, so I have pretty high standards when it comes to salons and spas. It was actually kind of awkward. We had to split up to our designated locker rooms, and then change into our robes, and then walk around the whole spa to find each other again. We had to wait awhile, and then walked back across the whole spa to get to our room. They accidently walked in on my husband while he was getting situated on the massage table… hehe J

My mom used the resort salon for her updo. The updo looked great, but they cost significantly more than Rachel Edwards.

Food: A

The food was amazing! I will say though, by the end of the trip we were kind of looking forward to eating at home! The food is great and there is always a lot of it, but its always the same food. So, you find yourself drawn to favorites and that ends up being all you eat for the whole trip.

TIP: Head to Aunt Ruby’s for lunch! Its right on the beach and they have an awesome lunch buffet. One of my friends had made a burrito bowl one day with all their Mexican fix’in’s and it ended up being the group favorite for lunch! J Random, I know. But so delicious!

Catamaran: A+++

We did the catamaran the day before our wedding with the whole group, and we are so glad we did! You take off on a huge boat and get to your snorkeling site. You jump off the boat and snorkel for a while. This is not for everyone, I must warn. About half the group loved snorkeling, and the other half didn’t like it. It makes some people feel claustrophobic. After snorkeling, you go to Margaritaville for some food. I would recommend either not ordering or ordering to-go. They weren’t very fast and you’re only there for about 20 minutes. Still, if you’re a parrot head like we are in my family, worth it J. On the way back, they play music and give foot rubs! It was an awesome time! It was great to get off the resort and explore.

Shoppes at Rose Hall: A

We went here a few times. It was fun, and great souvenir shopping, but be prepared to barter! I am no good at it, but the hubby loves it for some reason. Make sure to go through ALL the shops before buying because you will likely find the same item for cheaper at another shop. I found that out the hard way! J Anyway, the shoppes are fun. It’s a must see if you’re there! I didn’t go to the hip strip, but a few guests did and they preferred that to the rose hall shoppes.

Wedding Coordinator: A+

We LOVED Nicole and Simone! Every last detail of our wedding was PERFECT. It is true that they take awhile to respond to emails, but now I know why. They spend every second they can with their bride that day making sure every minute is perfect. So, it would make sense they don’t have a ton of time for emails if they are at weddings everyday. We even had a mixup at the end of the night where we lost our toasting flutes (that we brought with) and Nicole never forgot about them! She ended up not finding them until we got home, but she sent them free of charge! AMAZING!

Ceremony: A+

We chose to have our ceremony on the beach. The location is right in front of Aunt Ruby’s. Our ceremony started at 4, so right between lunch and dinner, but we still had a fairly large crowd gathered around watching us. Oh well! J You line up right out side the hotel door nearest Aunt Ruby’s, and then walk down the stairs and past AR to the beach. I had people telling me how beautiful I looked while I walked down the aisle… Nice of them, but honestly it kind of annoyed me. It was a special moment with my dad, and they were kind of interrupting it… Oh well, what can ya do?

I wore a cathedral length veil. I was so nervous about the wind and wearing it, but everyone told me to not worry. Well, it was SUPER windy out that day. But, I wouldn’t change it for a thing. It made for some AWESOME pictures, and I felt like it topped off the bridal look and made me really feel like a bride! As far as walking down the aisle, I had my dad hold the end of it so it didn’t fly all over the place. Once I got up to the front, my MOH gently stepped on the end of it so it stayed in place. Luckily, I had about 4 bottles of hair spray and 800 bobby pins holding it in, so it wasn’t going anywhere!

We just had the resort marriage officer officiate our wedding, and we loved him! He was so nice and funny! We aren’t a very serious couple, so we loved that he laughed along with our little mixups and such J.

We had the steel pan band for the ceremony and we LOVED them! All of our guests commented on how much they loved them too! We just had Nicole pick the music for the ceremony, and she chose great songs! After the ceremony, they let me and my husband play with them and it made for great pictures and footage for the video! So much fun! It really made the whole thing feel like the destination wedding I had pictured!

TIP: We had the white runner down the aisle, and I wish I would have gone with my gut and opted out of it. My mom insisted on it, even though I didn’t want it! J It was SO hard to walk on it over the sand. I would have far preferred to have just walked on sand instead! I almost tripped a few times!

Flowers: A+++++++++

We used Tai Flora for the flowers and we are so glad we did!!!!! We tried using the resort florist, but after 3 weeks and no response, we went to Tai Flora. They emailed us back within minutes! They were able to give us a detailed estimate on which flowers they recommend, the price and a schedule of how they set up the arch. For the arch, I chose to have flowers going across the top with flowers hanging down in the back. SO GEORGOUS! I chose bright reds, oranges, pinks and yellows for the colors and since I don’t know much about flowers, I let them choose the type of flower. They helped us pick beautiful flowers at a great price. I also had suggested having a butterfly gem broach in my bouquet (as a tribute to my late grandpa) and Chantel immediately said that would be no problem. The day of, they arrived right on time, set up the arch, dropped of the bouquets and everything went far smoother and looked far more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed! I would recommend Tail Flora to EVERY SINGLE BRIDE! They gave us a very unique floral arraignment and gave us the best customer service ever!!!

TIP: If you use Tai Flora, ask Nicole if you can exchange the complimentary bouquet that comes with the wedding package for petals down the aisle. (If you want that, that is!) She let us do that, and I am so glad we did! It made for a unique set up!

Dinner: B

We chose to have our dinner at Calabash, and it did not go so smoothly. The dinner was great!! As well was the service! But we chose to not rent out the restaurant, and I wish I would have! There was only one other family in there during our dinner, and of course they had a screaming baby throughout the whole thing. I am still kind of angry that no one asked them to quietly step out with the baby, because we could barley hear any of the speeches. That is another thing, they do not give you a mic for the speaches. So, if you have a noisy dinner, you will not be able to hear them very well L. If I could do it again, I would have rented out the space for a more private dinner. I think it would have made all the difference!

Reception: A+++

We had our reception at the Blue Moon Music Bar and we LOVED IT!!!! It was a large space and had a little bit of everything for everyone. There was a lot of seating, but also a lot of dancing room. There was also a patio that guests could go out on if they got too warm from dancing! J There was even a bar right in the room, and the bartender was awesome!

The only bummer was that we only had the room until 10:30. Nicole let us stay until 11 since there were no shows that night, however! We did have a huge issue with other guests though. Since the sign she posted outside the door said it ended at 10:30, there were guests lining up and trying to bust down the door to get into the bar. They wanted to come in so badly because we had the DJ and dancing, but once we left, the DJ left and they lost interest. I was so mad that the (drunk) guests kept trying to come in and crash the party! I wish we would have found Nicole sooner to help with the issue. Oh well, that’s what personal attendants are for, right? J

Music: A+++

We had DJ Kevin for our reception and he was awesome! He played all the right music for our group! All of the dances (mom/son, father/daughter, first dance) went off without a hitch. Every single person loved all the music! We did put in a request for “must play” songs for the night, so I think that helped.

Cake: A

We chose to go with the cake that came with out package. It was vanilla flavored. We brought with our own toppers that friend had made for us. We all got so busy dancing, we forgot to eat the cake! Nicole was nice enough to save it for us and brought it up to our room to share the next day J. We did cut the cake, however, but we just did it in the back while people were dancing just for the photo op. J

Disco: C

We had told guests to meet us at the disco at 11 to continue the party… and I wish I hadn’t suggested it! L It was across the resort and down 800 stairs and after dancing all night, I was too tired to climb up and down! Plus, once we got down there, it was just black, smoky and packed with people. It was very trashy down there, honestly! Everyone was dancing all gross, and smoking in there (even though you cant) and it was just packed. This isn’t my typical personality, I will warn! I usually like to hang out at bars like that, but this was over the top, especially for a wedding. I would just recommend ending the party at 11 and heading up for some rest. We were both so tired after a long day of excitement and fun. We soaked our feet in the tub, had a glass of wine and ordered some room service! J

Photography: A

We chose to have a family friend come with us and be the photographer. She does it as a hobby and is an awesome photographer! I will warn that it is VERY stressful for someone to shoot a wedding if they have never been to this resort. The day was kind of hectic and she got overwhelmed. I think we missed out on some great shots because she felt scatterbrained. If you bring someone with, definitely have them tour the resort and practice and find some shots before the ceremony. Pick the places you want to shoot and the times you will go there and have your poses picked out. Once the day actually gets there, you will be so busy and people will be asking you a million questions. Just plan as much as you can before the wedding!

Shots to get:

By the stairs in the lobby

By the orange wall in the front of the building

On the beach (duh! J )

On the white platform by the pool (My Favorite shots!!!)

Videographer: A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We have Elite Media Concepts for our video… AMAZING AMZAING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I had always known I had wanted a video of our wedding, but it was a bit harder to convince my husband and mom! Their prices are a little high, but WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!! From the second we requested their services, down to the last email confirming our shipping address, they were awesome! The day of, they knew exactly what to do, where to go, what shots to get. It was so simple. I will say that if you have never done a video before, it was a tad awkward. I didn’t know where to look, or how to act. After a while though, we all got comfortable and it was all good. We got the highlight reel and the full length video. You will NEED both!!!! The highlight reel is so cute and unique. The video is out of this world! Honestly, the video is my favorite keepsake of the day. Everyone in our group watched it and said the same thing: It made them feel like they were back in Jamaica! I love watching it because there are little things people do during the day that you miss and its so fun to watch! I know this is something we will cherish forever! It is so great to have our wedding day preserved like this!!!

http://elitemediaconcepts.com/stephanie-lucas-this-moment-in-time/

That is the link to our highlight reel. 

Hair/Makeup: A+++

We used Rachel Edwards for our hair and makeup. They were awesome!!! Our makeup was flawless and our hair held all day long in the wind and through the dancing! We paid less for her services than my mom did for the resort salon. I would recommend booking her ASAP though. We booked a little late, but were lucky enough to get in. We didn't have Rachel do it, but her assistants. They were amazing though!!! 

All in all it was the day of my dreams!!! It all went so smoothly and everyone still talks about it!! :) Have fun planning!!!

Here is a link to my FB account to see more wedding pictures and vacation pictures. This was always my favorite part while planning! :)

https://www.facebook.com/stongue1/media_set?set=a.10202582254428933.1073741834.1573807794&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/stongue1/media_set?set=a.10202146531296127.1073741829.1573807794&type=3

post-269686-0-19770400-1406067307_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-62655300-1406067331_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-65309000-1406067642_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-90931700-1406067652_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-44993900-1406067660_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-13340200-1406067669_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-13576300-1406067679_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-06445700-1406067689_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-09285100-1406067700_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-06591400-1406067710_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-67203200-1406067720_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-26688800-1406067730_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-17398600-1406067739_thumb.jpg

post-269686-0-60950600-1406067749_thumb.jpg

Edited by StephT0727

January 10, 2014

We arrived in Jamaica around 4 pm. We had a bus ready to pick us up that took us straight to the hotel. It was a quick 20 minute ride. Once we got to the hotel, we had to leave all our bags outside while we were checking in. We had a large group, 30 people, so check in took a while. They went as quickly as possible, but it still took a while. You do get a free smoothy while waiting in line though!

TIP: Find out your guests room numbers BEFORE you separate to your rooms. We did not do this because we were eager to get all settled in, and then we found ourselves sitting on our bed thinking "What now?" because we had no idea where anyone was, and no one brought a phone! Luckily, we started running into people as we explored the resort and then we made a plan to meet up. 

We had the oceanfront room being the bride and groom. It was AMAZING! The room was so huge, great views, fridge stocked daily. Amazing! I didn’t notice a huge difference between ours and other guests rooms other than the view, but reguardless you still have a view of the ocean. I have noticed some people commenting on the “wear and tear” of the room, I didn’t notice anything. It was always clean and stocked and we loved it. We didn’t hear any complaints from our guests either. Honestly, you only spend time in the room to get ready and to sleep, so its not a huge deal anyway.

Every single person in our group had an amazing time! We are already planning another group trip back!J We went in January and the weather was PERFECT. 80 and sunny every day, no humidity and low wind. It rained one day for about 20 minutes and then stopped and went back to being sunny. They play games by the pool every day. The star friends are amazing! They walk around and try to get everyone involved in the fun. It might be kind of annoying at first, but just join in on the fun! You will regret it if you don’t! Everyone has the relaxed “no problem” attitude. Love it!

My husband and I took the free couples massage as a part of the wedding package. The massage was good, but not great. I work at a salon back home, so I have pretty high standards when it comes to salons and spas. It was actually kind of awkward. We had to split up to our designated locker rooms, and then change into our robes, and then walk around the whole spa to find each other again. We had to wait awhile, and then walked back across the whole spa to get to our room. They accidently walked in on my husband while he was getting situated on the massage table… hehe J

My mom used the resort salon for her updo. The updo looked great, but they cost significantly more than Rachel Edwards.

The food was amazing! I will say though, by the end of the trip we were kind of looking forward to eating at home! The food is great and there is always a lot of it, but its always the same food. So, you find yourself drawn to favorites and that ends up being all you eat for the whole trip.

TIP: Head to Aunt Ruby’s for lunch! Its right on the beach and they have an awesome lunch buffet. One of my friends had made a burrito bowl one day with all their Mexican fix’in’s and it ended up being the group favorite for lunch! J Random, I know. But so delicious!

We did the catamaran the day before our wedding with the whole group, and we are so glad we did! You take off on a huge boat and get to your snorkeling site. You jump off the boat and snorkel for a while. This is not for everyone, I must warn. About half the group loved snorkeling, and the other half didn’t like it. It makes some people feel claustrophobic. After snorkeling, you go to Margaritaville for some food. I would recommend either not ordering or ordering to-go. They weren’t very fast and you’re only there for about 20 minutes. Still, if you’re a parrot head like we are in my family, worth it J. On the way back, they play music and give foot rubs! It was an awesome time! It was great to get off the resort and explore.

We went here a few times. It was fun, and great souvenir shopping, but be prepared to barter! I am no good at it, but the hubby loves it for some reason. Make sure to go through ALL the shops before buying because you will likely find the same item for cheaper at another shop. I found that out the hard way! J Anyway, the shoppes are fun. It’s a must see if you’re there! I didn’t go to the hip strip, but a few guests did and they preferred that to the rose hall shoppes.

We LOVED Nicole and Simone! Every last detail of our wedding was PERFECT. It is true that they take awhile to respond to emails, but now I know why. They spend every second they can with their bride that day making sure every minute is perfect. So, it would make sense they don’t have a ton of time for emails if they are at weddings everyday. We even had a mixup at the end of the night where we lost our toasting flutes (that we brought with) and Nicole never forgot about them! She ended up not finding them until we got home, but she sent them free of charge! AMAZING!

We chose to have our ceremony on the beach. The location is right in front of Aunt Ruby’s. Our ceremony started at 4, so right between lunch and dinner, but we still had a fairly large crowd gathered around watching us. Oh well! J You line up right out side the hotel door nearest Aunt Ruby’s, and then walk down the stairs and past AR to the beach. I had people telling me how beautiful I looked while I walked down the aisle… Nice of them, but honestly it kind of annoyed me. It was a special moment with my dad, and they were kind of interrupting it… Oh well, what can ya do?

I wore a cathedral length veil. I was so nervous about the wind and wearing it, but everyone told me to not worry. Well, it was SUPER windy out that day. But, I wouldn’t change it for a thing. It made for some AWESOME pictures, and I felt like it topped off the bridal look and made me really feel like a bride! As far as walking down the aisle, I had my dad hold the end of it so it didn’t fly all over the place. Once I got up to the front, my MOH gently stepped on the end of it so it stayed in place. Luckily, I had about 4 bottles of hair spray and 800 bobby pins holding it in, so it wasn’t going anywhere!

We just had the resort marriage officer officiate our wedding, and we loved him! He was so nice and funny! We aren’t a very serious couple, so we loved that he laughed along with our little mixups and such J.

We had the steel pan band for the ceremony and we LOVED them! All of our guests commented on how much they loved them too! We just had Nicole pick the music for the ceremony, and she chose great songs! After the ceremony, they let me and my husband play with them and it made for great pictures and footage for the video! So much fun! It really made the whole thing feel like the destination wedding I had pictured!

TIP: We had the white runner down the aisle, and I wish I would have gone with my gut and opted out of it. My mom insisted on it, even though I didn’t want it! J It was SO hard to walk on it over the sand. I would have far preferred to have just walked on sand instead! I almost tripped a few times!

Flowers: A+++++++++ (I posted the wrong name in the original post! We used Floral Fantasies, NOT Tai Flora!)

We used ***FLORAL FANTASIES ** for the flowers and we are so glad we did!!!!! We tried using the resort florist, but after 3 weeks and no response, we went to Tai Flora. They emailed us back within minutes! They were able to give us a detailed estimate on which flowers they recommend, the price and a schedule of how they set up the arch. For the arch, I chose to have flowers going across the top with flowers hanging down in the back. SO GEORGOUS! I chose bright reds, oranges, pinks and yellows for the colors and since I don’t know much about flowers, I let them choose the type of flower. They helped us pick beautiful flowers at a great price. I also had suggested having a butterfly gem broach in my bouquet (as a tribute to my late grandpa) and Chantel immediately said that would be no problem. The day of, they arrived right on time, set up the arch, dropped of the bouquets and everything went far smoother and looked far more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed! I would recommend Tail Flora to EVERY SINGLE BRIDE! They gave us a very unique floral arraignment and gave us the best customer service ever!!!

TIP: If you use Tai Flora, ask Nicole if you can exchange the complimentary bouquet that comes with the wedding package for petals down the aisle. (If you want that, that is!) She let us do that, and I am so glad we did! It made for a unique set up!

We chose to have our dinner at Calabash, and it did not go so smoothly. The dinner was great!! As well was the service! But we chose to not rent out the restaurant, and I wish I would have! There was only one other family in there during our dinner, and of course they had a screaming baby throughout the whole thing. I am still kind of angry that no one asked them to quietly step out with the baby, because we could barley hear any of the speeches. That is another thing, they do not give you a mic for the speaches. So, if you have a noisy dinner, you will not be able to hear them very well L. If I could do it again, I would have rented out the space for a more private dinner. I think it would have made all the difference!

We had our reception at the Blue Moon Music Bar and we LOVED IT!!!! It was a large space and had a little bit of everything for everyone. There was a lot of seating, but also a lot of dancing room. There was also a patio that guests could go out on if they got too warm from dancing! J There was even a bar right in the room, and the bartender was awesome!

The only bummer was that we only had the room until 10:30. Nicole let us stay until 11 since there were no shows that night, however! We did have a huge issue with other guests though. Since the sign she posted outside the door said it ended at 10:30, there were guests lining up and trying to bust down the door to get into the bar. They wanted to come in so badly because we had the DJ and dancing, but once we left, the DJ left and they lost interest. I was so mad that the (drunk) guests kept trying to come in and crash the party! I wish we would have found Nicole sooner to help with the issue. Oh well, that’s what personal attendants are for, right? J

We had DJ Kevin for our reception and he was awesome! He played all the right music for our group! All of the dances (mom/son, father/daughter, first dance) went off without a hitch. Every single person loved all the music! We did put in a request for “must play” songs for the night, so I think that helped.

We chose to go with the cake that came with out package. It was vanilla flavored. We brought with our own toppers that friend had made for us. We all got so busy dancing, we forgot to eat the cake! Nicole was nice enough to save it for us and brought it up to our room to share the next day J. We did cut the cake, however, but we just did it in the back while people were dancing just for the photo op. J

We had told guests to meet us at the disco at 11 to continue the party… and I wish I hadn’t suggested it! L It was across the resort and down 800 stairs and after dancing all night, I was too tired to climb up and down! Plus, once we got down there, it was just black, smoky and packed with people. It was very trashy down there, honestly! Everyone was dancing all gross, and smoking in there (even though you cant) and it was just packed. This isn’t my typical personality, I will warn! I usually like to hang out at bars like that, but this was over the top, especially for a wedding. I would just recommend ending the party at 11 and heading up for some rest. We were both so tired after a long day of excitement and fun. We soaked our feet in the tub, had a glass of wine and ordered some room service! J

We chose to have a family friend come with us and be the photographer. She does it as a hobby and is an awesome photographer! I will warn that it is VERY stressful for someone to shoot a wedding if they have never been to this resort. The day was kind of hectic and she got overwhelmed. I think we missed out on some great shots because she felt scatterbrained. If you bring someone with, definitely have them tour the resort and practice and find some shots before the ceremony. Pick the places you want to shoot and the times you will go there and have your poses picked out. Once the day actually gets there, you will be so busy and people will be asking you a million questions. Just plan as much as you can before the wedding!

Shots to get:

On the beach (duh! J )

We have Elite Media Concepts for our video… AMAZING AMZAING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I had always known I had wanted a video of our wedding, but it was a bit harder to convince my husband and mom! Their prices are a little high, but WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!! From the second we requested their services, down to the last email confirming our shipping address, they were awesome! The day of, they knew exactly what to do, where to go, what shots to get. It was so simple. I will say that if you have never done a video before, it was a tad awkward. I didn’t know where to look, or how to act. After a while though, we all got comfortable and it was all good. We got the highlight reel and the full length video. You will NEED both!!!! The highlight reel is so cute and unique. The video is out of this world! Honestly, the video is my favorite keepsake of the day. Everyone in our group watched it and said the same thing: It made them feel like they were back in Jamaica! I love watching it because there are little things people do during the day that you miss and its so fun to watch! I know this is something we will cherish forever! It is so great to have our wedding day preserved like this!!!

We used Rachel Edwards for our hair and makeup. They were awesome!!! Our makeup was flawless and our hair held all day long in the wind and through the dancing! We paid less for her services than my mom did for the resort salon. I would recommend booking her ASAP though. We booked a little late, but were lucky enough to get in. We didn't have Rachel do it, but her assistants. They were amazing though!!! 

All in all it was the day of my dreams!!! It all went so smoothly and everyone still talks about it!! :) Have fun planning!!!

Here is a link to my FB account to see more wedding pictures and vacation pictures. This was always my favorite part while planning! :)

https://www.facebook.com/stongue1/media_set?set=a.10202582254428933.1073741834.1573807794&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/stongue1/media_set?set=a.10202146531296127.1073741829.1573807794&type=3

@@StephT0727  Thanks for your review! So helpful. And your pictures are gorgeous! I love the colors. Question though - you said you rented out the blue moon music bar for the private reception? I don't remember seeing that in my wedding documents - only for the disco. I'll have to look through my paperwork again. I am glad to know the space is good though and there is seating bc I was wondering about seating in the disco as I was planning to rent that out for the private reception since its much cheaper than renting out the restaurant. 

@@StephT0727  Thanks for your review! So helpful. And your pictures are gorgeous! I love the colors. Question though - you said you rented out the blue moon music bar for the private reception? I don't remember seeing that in my wedding documents - only for the disco. I'll have to look through my paperwork again. I am glad to know the space is good though and there is seating bc I was wondering about seating in the disco as I was planning to rent that out for the private reception since its much cheaper than renting out the restaurant. 

Hi! Yes, the Blue Moon bar is not listed in the documents, but after we had gone through reviews we found a few people used that room and we asked Nicole and she said we can use it! You do not have to pay to rent the space, but you do have to pay for the open bar. I believe it was $18/per person…? Don't quote me on that! haha It was the perfect space though! We had plenty of dancing room and they had huge, comfy couches and chairs to relax in. It also had a patio if you wanted to step outside and it is right next to the cigar room (which the boys LOVED!) We just had our dinner at Calabash, did our speeches and then moved the party upstairs for dancing. I thought it would be an awkward transition, but it worked out so perfectly. I highly recommend it! :) 

January 10, 2014

Flowers: A+++++++++

We used Tai Flora for the flowers and we are so glad we did!!!!! We tried using the resort florist, but after 3 weeks and no response, we went to Tai Flora. They emailed us back within minutes! They were able to give us a detailed estimate on which flowers they recommend, the price and a schedule of how they set up the arch. For the arch, I chose to have flowers going across the top with flowers hanging down in the back. SO GEORGOUS! I chose bright reds, oranges, pinks and yellows for the colors and since I don’t know much about flowers, I let them choose the type of flower. They helped us pick beautiful flowers at a great price. I also had suggested having a butterfly gem broach in my bouquet (as a tribute to my late grandpa) and Chantel immediately said that would be no problem. The day of, they arrived right on time, set up the arch, dropped of the bouquets and everything went far smoother and looked far more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed! I would recommend Tail Flora to EVERY SINGLE BRIDE! They gave us a very unique floral arraignment and gave us the best customer service ever!!!

Shots to get:

On the beach (duh! J )

Awesome review thank you!!!! Did the resort change the company they use for flowers? I thought they used Tai flowers....We are bringing a photographer and videographer with us. I'm going to send them links to local photographers who have pics on the resort along with info on the resort so they can plan the day out.....You sound llike you had an amazing time. We get married August 2015

Nice! I hadn't thought of this option, but I like it! I think they make you end all receptions by 10:30 anyway. Thanks so much for the tip. 

Hi! Yes, the Blue Moon bar is not listed in the documents, but after we had gone through reviews we found a few people used that room and we asked Nicole and she said we can use it! You do not have to pay to rent the space, but you do have to pay for the open bar. I believe it was $18/per person…? Don't quote me on that! haha It was the perfect space though! We had plenty of dancing room and they had huge, comfy couches and chairs to relax in. It also had a patio if you wanted to step outside and it is right next to the cigar room (which the boys LOVED!) We just had our dinner at Calabash, did our speeches and then moved the party upstairs for dancing. I thought it would be an awkward transition, but it worked out so perfectly. I highly recommend it! :)

Awesome review thank you!!!! Did the resort change the company they use for flowers? I thought they used Tai flowers....We are bringing a photographer and videographer with us. I'm going to send them links to local photographers who have pics on the resort along with info on the resort so they can plan the day out.....You sound llike you had an amazing time. We get married August 2015

No, they did not change the florist vender. They still go through Tai Flora, but we used Floral Fantasies. I got the two mixed up! :) That's so great you are able to bring both the videographer and photographer with you! Just make sure they take the time to explore the resort and time out the shots they want to get. That was the most overwhelming part for my photographer because she didn't realize it would take so long to walk from location to location and we ended up having to skip a few shots :(.

You will have a GREAT time! I'am so sad our planning is already over! It was the BEST time of our lives!! :)

No, they did not change the florist vender. They still go through Tai Flora, but we used Floral Fantasies. I got the two mixed up! :) That's so great you are able to bring both the videographer and photographer with you! Just make sure they take the time to explore the resort and time out the shots they want to get. That was the most overwhelming part for my photographer because she didn't realize it would take so long to walk from location to location and we ended up having to skip a few shots :(.

You will have a GREAT time! I'am so sad our planning is already over! It was the BEST time of our lives!!

Oh ok will do...that's awesome that they allow other florists. I read in the contract they only use Tai flora but i emailed them and it took two weeks for them to reply and they didn't even give me the info i requested :angry:  .....not cool at all

Oh ok will do...that's awesome that they allow other florists. I read in the contract they only use Tai flora but i emailed them and it took two weeks for them to reply and they didn't even give me the info i requested :angry:  .....not cool at all

That is exactly what happened to us as well. I was so frustrated with them! Chantel at Floral Fantasies is AMAZING. She got back to us within minutes and within a few days we had a full contract drafted with prices down to the cent and there were no surprise costs at the end! LOVED THEM! 

• Like 1