Clueless in Cabo?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 KateNCabo

• 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

Hi all,

I just stumbled upon this forum and am thrilled that I did! There are so many posts with helpful information. I got engaged last month and we decided to have our wedding in Cabo late next year. Although, now that I have started planning, I'm getting really anxious. Everything is like a shot in the dark! It's crazy to think about all the vendors I have to hire all over the phone/internet.

The first challenge however is finding a good ceremony location for approximately 50 guests. We are thinking Villas, but it's hard to tell what is appropriate or can accomidate a wedding ceremony and reception. Anyone have any ideas? And if anyone has great caterers or other vendors, even hair and makeup stylists that they recommend, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance! You all are so wonderful sharing all the info you have for us "newbies".

**Make it your mission to take in every moment on that special day. So much is going on it's easy to forget to take it all in.**

#2 JessicaM

• Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:28 PM

You will find all kinds of information here that will help you immensely!! You will soon become addicted...watch out!

#3 bride_2_b08

• 244 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:40 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum.

#4 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:50 PM

Hi Kate,
          Welcome and congrats on your engagement. Im somewhat new to this also and have decided to have my wedding in Cabo also. These girls have been amazingly helpful from you location down to the nitty gritty favors, anything you need you will find or ask here. I personally did not hire a wedding planner because the hotel I am using already has one, but I would recommend getting one, just because they know what is the best and who to trust. If you look under the cabo you will find tons of info!

#5 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:04 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum :)

#6 fogdog

• 170 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:07 PM

welcome! and enjoy the planning!
              Casa Natalia is also supposed to be great if you wanted to do a hotel - it's a bit on the smaller side and i heard the food is really good.
              you could also look into the Cabo del Sol country Club.
              oh, and for hair/makeup, Suzanne Morel. i'll review once i'm done, but that's who i booked.
              good luck!
              Bridget and Brian
              Los Cabos 11/17/07

#7 coreyphil

• 497 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:15 AM

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm getting married in San Jose del Cabo at the chapel at El Encanto Inn called Capilla Josefina. We're having about 35 guests and liked how small and intimate both the inn and the chapel were ... but there have been a ton of great reviews for other places, too! Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way!

#8 Yari

• VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:24 AM

Welcome! I got engaged last month too. This forum was so helpful and made my location choice so much easier.

#9 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 10,366 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 07:39 AM

welcome to the forum!

#10 Spazz

• VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 08:20 AM

to the forum! Happy planning!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic