General rowdiness question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -Kate-

-Kate-
  • VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:13 PM

The group coming to this wedding can/do get rather rowdy and loud. That's part of what I love about them...but realize that others might not find this quite so endearing.

Has anyone had problems/heard about problems arising in certain resorts from loud receptions or afterparties?

With this group there is always the potential for a drunken America's Next Top Model walkoff contest happening down the hotel hallway at who knows what time. These people are professional by day and bizzaro by night. I'd love not to get kicked out or yelled at because we are too loud.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LALA
    The group coming to this wedding can/do get rather rowdy and loud. That's part of what I love about them...but realize that others might not find this quite so endearing.

Has anyone had problems/heard about problems arising in certain resorts from loud receptions or afterparties?

With this group there is always the potential for a drunken America's Next Top Model walkoff contest happening down the hotel hallway at who knows what time. These people are professional by day and bizzaro by night. I'd love not to get kicked out or yelled at because we are too loud.
    our group can get pretty out there as well...lot of "rockstars", musicians, tattoed famous, weirdos and my youngest sister is OUT OF CONTROL (like she has been thrown into mexican jail...just found that out...another story!) but i think people but in mexico i think they have seen it ALL...remember they do have springbreak there...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:29 PM

this was a concern of mine as well, especially with some of FI's wild friends. But, kinda like Tammy said- it's Mexico, so I'm sure they've seen it all!

#4 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
      • VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:20 PM

I tend to agree. There are tons of drunken spring breakers, senior trip kids (it's where I went for my sr trip - can you imagine? 400 18 year olds ) and bachelor and bachelorette parties there every year. I'm sure they've seen it all.

#5 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 01:13 AM

That is a good point - it is Mexico. I guess I've been thinking of it only as a wedding/vacation spot.

Thanks!

#6 Janet

Janet
          • VIP Member
          • 7,459 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:14 AM

My wedding was so out of control (in a good way!) and the staff was totally loving it. We had two of the waiters on the dance floor by the end of the night and they were telling us that we threw a good party for white people, lol. We were also up causing a ruckus in the pool until about 1 am and nobody said a thing, they all were so nice and easygoing. However, we had taken over the hotel for the weekend for the most part, so we hopefully didnt annoy too many other people. I don't know what it's like at bigger hotels.

#7 Jackie

Jackie
            • 2,290 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:31 AM

This is why we wanted a big resort for our location. We cant control what happens at the actual reception, but at least there is enough room for everybody to be spread out the rest of the week. I couldnt imagine spending a week worrying about the older guests being offended or regretting the vacation.
              My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#8 KARLA

KARLA
              • 373 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 01:21 PM

Ha ha.... big concern of mine also! Most of our friends, even though married and some even with VP titles at their companies, still act like 18 year olds when we all get together. We had a couple of incidents at the beach getting roudy. The wait staff was very discreet letting us know to quiet or settle down, but yes, I could tell we were annoying some people, others wanted to join in... Overall it was fine though. Most of our guests partied on until 2-3 am at the beach almost every night... they took buckets of beer out there, and they were enough out of ear shot that they didn't bother anybody.

You know... sometimes sucked being the bride and groom... they didn't tell us they were going out there cause they didn't want to "bother us". We were like... "Hello?? we want to party too!" Oh well!

#9 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
                • 486 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 02:32 PM

Our guests are pretty rowdy too. Hello my family is mexican and of course they always have to talk loud and talk all at once. But we have fun and besides like you said its mexico, they love to party!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users