• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:59 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amandatheo
    Does anyone know if they have a vegetarian (non fish) option at mammee bay? I've seen the menu and there is nothing to cater for my vegetarian guests. I've emailed chandlyn but as of yet i'm still waiting for a reply.
    I am a vegetarian, and asked Chandlyn that question WAYYY back. I didn't worry about what the dish was, but she assured me that they can indeed accommodate us veg-heads :)
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#42 msasfraz

msasfraz
    • 392 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:11 AM

Besides the pic provided, does anyone have extensive pics of their reception at seagrape, mammee bay restaurant, etc

#43 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:43 AM

From the looks of the pics of Mammee Bay, it doesn't seem like there is room for centerpieces on the tables. Would the married ladies suggest I just skip centerpieces?
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#44 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 01:41 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by twelve_piece
          From the looks of the pics of Mammee Bay, it doesn't seem like there is room for centerpieces on the tables. Would the married ladies suggest I just skip centerpieces?
          I would suggest skipping them... the tables are fairly narrow and with people on both sides enjoying their meals, with wine on the table and everything else, there's not really enough room. Save the $! Less stuff on the table makes it easier for your guests to chat and mingle!
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#45 amandatheo

amandatheo
          • 247 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:14 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Heidi
            I am a vegetarian, and asked Chandlyn that question WAYYY back. I didn't worry about what the dish was, but she assured me that they can indeed accommodate us veg-heads :)
            Thats reassuring as nearly a quarter of my guests are veggies!

#46 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jmhein
              I would suggest skipping them... the tables are fairly narrow and with people on both sides enjoying their meals, with wine on the table and everything else, there's not really enough room. Save the $! Less stuff on the table makes it easier for your guests to chat and mingle!
              Thanks! That will make the FI happy, one less budget convo.

#47 jmhein

jmhein
              • 665 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:03 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by twelve_piece
                Thanks! That will make the FI happy, one less budget convo.
                Oh yes, also, Chandlyn took the flowers from our gazebo decorations and placed them on the head table. It looked really nice and was decoration enough IMHO! :)
                ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#48 amagee

amagee
                • 129 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

I definately would like to have our dinner after the wedding at the Mammee Bay restuarant, but how far in advance do you have to book, especially if there are other weddings on the same days as mine? My wedding is in Jan 2009 should I call in advance or does chandlyn arrange everything?

#49 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                  • 1,260 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amagee
                    I definately would like to have our dinner after the wedding at the Mammee Bay restuarant, but how far in advance do you have to book, especially if there are other weddings on the same days as mine? My wedding is in Jan 2009 should I call in advance or does chandlyn arrange everything?
                    Mammee bay at 6:30 is the standard free reception that is included if you have 50 or less people. You don't have to book this, you simply tell Chandlyn how many guests you have.

#50 amagee

amagee
                    • 129 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

Thank you for the reply, this helps. This is the only request my Fiance had, so I definately wanted to make sure it happened!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users