Brittney & Peter
    July 12, 2008
    Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#32 jmhein

jmhein
    • 665 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:37 PM

HI all! I am back and everything was fabulous! We were very happy with our dinner at Mammee Bay Steakhouse, it was SO delicious! We had an entire balcony area to ourselves, the nearest hotel guests were all seated in other sections and it seemed like we were the only ones around! We did our setup in the "T" as well, with us and our bridal party at the head table and everyone else in the long table. We did speeches there (nothing too formal, just thanks for coming, welcome to the family, etc.) We had to speak loudly but everyone seemed to hear fine! If the speeches are very important to you, maybe email Chandlyn and see if a microphone could be provided, that would work well I think...
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#33 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
      • 489 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:44 PM

Thanks!!!! I was wandering if it was possible to do speeches. at Mammee Bay retaurant. I think we will just speak loudly..nothing too formal. I'm glad to here that everything went well. Congrats again!!!
        http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#34 mopher

mopher
        • 60 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:57 PM

Depending on the size of your group I would try and get a microphone. When we got married there was another very small wedding off to the side of the restaurant that decided to make the supper also the dance and were playing music very loudly and the other entertainent and outside noise made hearing speeches next to impossible.

The best set up at the restaurant is the T shape, but with a large group this made speeches even harder to hear for the people at the end of the table.

A caution about the T shape - We could only fit 4 across on the top of the t. It would be possible to do 6, but no more than that I wouldn't think

#35 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:17 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mopher
            A caution about the T shape - We could only fit 4 across on the top of the t. It would be possible to do 6, but no more than that I wouldn't think
            Yes, we had 6 at the top of the T, but since there were 8 of us, we just had 3rd bridesmaid and 3rd groomsmen sit in the next chairs closest to us on either side... it worked. It was a little confusing at first though about how to do it!
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#36 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
            • 489 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

I have 3 bridesmaid and 2 groomsmen. Can we squeeze 7? Aaa well If not she could sit next chair closest to us.
              http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#37 Bride010101

Bride010101
              • 1,547 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:32 AM

For those of you had a group of 35-50... did you have a seating arrangement/place cards set up. Or did you just let your guests choose for themselves?

#38 christenew

christenew
                • 325 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:38 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by naga0066
                  For those of you had a group of 35-50... did you have a seating arrangement/place cards set up. Or did you just let your guests choose for themselves?
                  For me it is going to be decided on who RSVPs. I have a couple of people who dont get along so well. I was hoping to just let people sit where they want. I want to do one long table with us in the middle.

#39 Hez43

Hez43
                  • 30 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:00 AM

We are getting married on Saturday 3/8/08 at ROR. I wasn't going to do wedding favors, but at the last minute, I ordered everyone a custom flask from Switchplates, Business Card Holders, Personalized Gifts, Engraved Cases They came in cute little black boxes which I labled with everyone's name in black and white. I'm going to have Chandlyn or my mom or someone place one at every setting at the dinner table before the meal and they will serve as the place markers. And yes, I mapped it out due to divorces and families and kids and what not.
                    Heather
                    Mrs. Gavin C. Maus

#40 amandatheo

amandatheo
                    • 247 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 06:20 PM

Does anyone know if they have a vegetarian (non fish) option at mammee bay? I've seen the menu and there is nothing to cater for my vegetarian guests. I've emailed chandlyn but as of yet i'm still waiting for a reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users