41 replies to this topic

#31 talicea7812

talicea7812
  • 416 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:24 AM

I also agree with someones comment above...about if ppl want to share the day with us they should be there.  My bridesmaid and friend of 15 years recently backed out of going to Mexico.  I can't help but be a little bitter bc we gave plenty of notice.  I don't want her to see pics. 

also, we intend to do a small at home ceremony so family who has legit reasons to not be there can witness us marrying and the overall look will still be a surprise the day of.

#32 kdnolan

kdnolan
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

I don't mind at all.... Plan on giving little cards to guest with directions as to how they can share their photos with us.  The photographer can take photos of everything and we'll be super busy so I really don't want to miss out on the candid photos guest take. 

#33 Carlicardenas

Carlicardenas
    • 198 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Hyatt Zilara/Gran Caribe Real
    • LocationCancun

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

i think for the ceremony would be nice if people do not have their cameras around but if its in the party.. click away! :D i love as many pictures as i can get haha

#34 JMK923

JMK923
    • 185 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 8, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
    • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

It doesn't bother me at all if our friends and family take pictures. I agree with @kdnolan I want those candid shots! Snap away!

@talicea7812 I'm sorry your friend backed out last minute, thats such a bummer! I'm sure she'll be wishing she had come if she sees pictures! Don't stress too much over it :)

#35 Csonnel

Csonnel
    • 174 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 24, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
    • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

I like the idea of an unplugged ceremony. My best friend's wedding videos are full of flashes and guests trying to get their own photos ending up in the way of the photographer/videographer

#36 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
    • 213 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Blau Varadero Cuba
    • LocationCalgary AB Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

We kindly asked that our guests not post to Facebook or social media until we returned from our honeymoon, and our guests didn't have any problems with it! They understood and agreed, and said they wished they had thought of that for their own weddings. Our friends and family respected our request, no problem-o!

#37 Mandiesue

Mandiesue
    • 309 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams La Romana
    • LocationDominica Republic

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

We are asking for no one to post pictures either until after we post the first pictures. 

#38 megan224

megan224
    • 155 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 27, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta cana,
    • LocationMajestic elegance

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:26 AM

Like the idea, but also love the idea of photos guests can get that sometimes photographers don't get.

#39 mvee1025

mvee1025
    • 155 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Yes, there are going to be bad pictures of you that can be posted but if your friends are your friends they won' post them.

We only got one photographer that couldn't be everywhere all the time.  Our family and friends got shots that I am very happy that did.

#40 mckievme

mckievme
      • 183 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

I love the idea of an unplugged ceremony. When looking at pictures of different ceremonies I think I love that you can see the looks on people's faces instead of them being hid behind cameras.

I also love the ideas of asking family and friends not to post pictures on social media while you are still on vacation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users