Recent Weddings in Jamaica? (2012-2013)

Dear BDW Brides,

My fiance and I want to get married in Jamaica between Feb-April, 2014.  It's been years since I've been on a vacation, so I would appreciate some help. We've been going in circles searching on the internet and haven't made much progress! Are there any recent brides who would advise where to go for an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica?

Here is what we're looking for:

1) Family friendly (but NOT family themed like Beaches). There will only be a few young children.

2) Accomodate about 50 guests total.

3) White long, wide, beaches

4) Outdoor reception overlooking or on the beach (could be covered, but without walls)

5) A lively night scene for our guests who are mainly in their upper 20s

6) Golf (either close to resort or on the resort)

7) Clean, classy atmosphere- I like the neutral tones, which seems hard to find in Jamaica.

8) An intimate and elegant area for the wedding

9) A wedding coordinator who is organized and cares about the bride & groom

10) Good service & Food (a fun culture)

Thank you so much for your help. I am feeling overwhelmed, but I know once we choose the resort it will be smooth sailing.

Tara

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiancé and I are looking for all the same requirements!! I'm looking forward to seeing what responses are posted! My biggest concern is the too family friendly resort--because we will only have about 5 small children as well. My other concern is having a hotel that is too large and hosting multiple weddings a day. Did you find any that you like that meet these requirements?

Hey,

I couldn't help but think Grand Palladium might be good for you as it's met most of the requirements on your list (mine as well). However, my wedding is still a couple months away so I'm just speaking for the planning process thus far as I haven't actually been there yet. It is very large however with lots of weddings, but that is to be expected when looking for a large group and professional wedding planners. Check it out and good luck!

Thanks so much for your recommendation, Danielle! I appreciate it! Mamzaleg- Our top four that seem to meet these requirements are: Grand Palladium, Half Moon, Azul Sensatori, and Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. I know Iberostar only does one wedding a day. I have also heard good things about the Riu Resorts. Hope this helps a little! Have you had any luck?

@Tarahall We actually decided to change our location to Riveria Maya. We are looking for this upcoming April and felt Riveria Maya was more cost efficient for our guests and had more choices that fit our criteria. We are going to visit the El Dorado Moroma, Zoetry hotel, Secrets Riveria Cancun and I'm hoping a few others! Ill keep you posted on what we like!

Hi,

Of all the resorts I have worked with I love Iberostar. Their onsite planners are very responsive and the rooms are great. Then there would Jewel Resorts and then there would be RIU but I had a bad experience last week while staying at RIU Montego Bay as a guest and communication is sometimes slow and then there would be Grand Pall. But get your own linens for wedding receptions there.

Helen, Thank you so much for your advice! Iberostar and Azul are our top two now, so it was great to hear you have had good experiences with Iberostar. @mamzaleg , I completely understand why you switched. It is hard to find the type of resort we were both looking for in Jamaica for the right price. I'm excited to hear where you choose! Thanks for keeping me posted!

Originally Posted by TaraHall View Post

Helen, Thank you so much for your advice! Iberostar and Azul are our top two now, so it was great to hear you have had good experiences with Iberostar.

@mamzaleg , I completely understand why you switched. It is hard to find the type of resort we were both looking for in Jamaica for the right price. I'm excited to hear where you choose! Thanks for keeping me posted!

Hi Tara,

Are  you talking about the new Azul Sensatori opening up in Negril? (according to their website, in November 2013) The one in Mexico looks amazing and I've heard only amazing things about it but my FI and I ruled out Mexico for our wedding. Jamaica is one of our top choices but I couldn't find any info about the new Azul (obviously since it's not opened yet)

Have you been in touch with their wedding coordinator? I don't want to assume their packages would be similar to Mexico since they are such difference countries and culture.

thanks!

My dad and his wife and her two sons stayed at Iberostar. When we stopped by to pick them up for an excursion, I was not impressed at all with their resort. There is an actual drug house "shack" on the beach. Crazy! I was not impressed with the pool/beach area compared to Secrets. Secrets Wild Orchid was SO ROMANTIC, very private, clean, neutral colors, tropical, very nice grounds. I loved it!! Iberostar is a Spanish building, style. The only thing Secrets is adult only. People with kids could stay next door at Sunsets. I must say, as a bride/groom it was VEYRY VERY nice to not have any children running around.

Originally Posted by Mamzaleg View Post

@Tarahall We actually decided to change our location to Riveria Maya. We are looking for this upcoming April and felt Riveria Maya was more cost efficient for our guests and had more choices that fit our criteria. We are going to visit the El Dorado Moroma, Zoetry hotel, Secrets Riveria Cancun and I'm hoping a few others! Ill keep you posted on what we like!

@Mamzaleg After a LOT of research, I think we are on the same path. The Jamaica resorts were either too expensive for guests or already booked on the dates we chose. I will not be able to do a site visit. When do you visit the Riviera Maya? Can you please let me know how your visits to these resorts goes?

I've also heard good things about Dreams and Now Sapphire.

Thank you so much!