Jump to content

Photo

Making a Vista Print Postcard


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 rodent

rodent

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

    Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NYJen
    Thanks so much for getting back to me on this, and so quickly!!! I'm not adding text to the front of the postcard (I should have mentioned that before.) So this should work fine. It's for my Thank You postcard and we already have the words Thank You written in the sand.

    Thanks for the heads up on the back of the card. That was what I thought, but I can't find the template. I'll keep looking.

    Thanks!
    Just a picture will be simple. You don't need to use any programs then. I think the simplist one I found has a blue bar on the right side and a line in the middle. I picked b&w printing so it came out grey. They might have some example text, but you can just leave it blank.

    #22 NYJen

    NYJen
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,326 posts

      Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:15 AM

      Ok, I'm officially an idiot - I can't figure out how to create the back side of these damn postcards!!!!! And I'm getting very frustrated. I'm SO NOT a techy and this whole process is pissing me off. Morgan - HELP ME!!!!

      #23 Leslie-Xcaret09

      Leslie-Xcaret09
      • Member
      • 939 posts

        Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:54 AM

        I posted a thread about a postcard that i made and I put directions on how to make the back on pg 4 of the thread
        http://bestdestinati.../forum/t20498-4

        #24 NYJen

        NYJen
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,326 posts

          Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:53 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by LMP333
          I posted a thread about a postcard that i made and I put directions on how to make the back on pg 4 of the thread
          http://bestdestinati.../forum/t20498-4
          Ooooh, thank you!!!! I'm going to go check it out now. Thanks so much!!!!

          #25 Leslie-Xcaret09

          Leslie-Xcaret09
          • Member
          • 939 posts

            Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:37 AM

            Your welcome ....if you need more detail let me know and I can probably help you out!

            #26 NYJen

            NYJen
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,326 posts

              Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:31 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by LMP333
              Your welcome ....if you need more detail let me know and I can probably help you out!
              I loved how you did yours. But which template did you use so that you got the line down the middle of the back side. I can't seem to find that in any of the templates I'm seeing. See, I told you I was an idiot.

              #27 Leslie-Xcaret09

              Leslie-Xcaret09
              • Member
              • 939 posts

                Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:39 AM

                Okay lets try again! Once you are on postcards go to Use a Design Template

                On the left you will see

                Other Design Options
                Upload your own document

                Start with a blank template

                Let us create it for you!


                Choose Start with a blank template

                After you put the image on the front or add whatever you want then go to Back Side

                On the left you will see


                Choose a different back side template...


                Click on that and one came up right away with the line under Matching

                Also under Mailers there are a few with lines

                If there is extra stuff on the template that you don’t want, you can always click on it and then hit delete.

                So……….under styles you will see..

                Styles


                Matching

                Appointments

                Calendars

                Communications

                Coupons

                Fall & Winter Holidays

                Mailers

                Political

                Solid Colors

                Special Offers

                Using Images


                Try looking under Matching or Mailers!

                I'm learning that I'm much better at hands on and not good at explaining!! I will keep trying until you get it though!

                #28 NYJen

                NYJen
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,326 posts

                  Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LMP333
                  Okay lets try again! Once you are on postcards go to Use a Design Template

                  On the left you will see

                  Other Design Options
                  Upload your own document

                  Start with a blank template

                  Let us create it for you!


                  Choose Start with a blank template

                  After you put the image on the front or add whatever you want then go to Back Side

                  On the left you will see


                  Choose a different back side template...


                  Click on that and one came up right away with the line under Matching

                  Also under Mailers there are a few with lines

                  If there is extra stuff on the template that you don’t want, you can always click on it and then hit delete.

                  So……….under styles you will see..

                  Styles


                  Matching

                  Appointments

                  Calendars

                  Communications

                  Coupons

                  Fall & Winter Holidays

                  Mailers

                  Political

                  Solid Colors

                  Special Offers

                  Using Images


                  Try looking under Matching or Mailers!

                  I'm learning that I'm much better at hands on and not good at explaining!! I will keep trying until you get it though!

                  Hey Leslie,

                  Thanks so much for all your help (and patience.) The only problem I'm having now is that the front of my postcard is vertical and I can't seem to rotate the line on the back side so that it runs down the middle. I'm still trying to figure that out. But other than that, I think I got it.

                  Thanks for all the detailed instructions - you're so good!!!

                  #29 Leslie-Xcaret09

                  Leslie-Xcaret09
                  • Member
                  • 939 posts

                    Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

                    You're very welcome...glad I could help!

                    #30 RORJamaica Bride 050809

                    RORJamaica Bride 050809
                    • Newbie
                    • 69 posts

                      Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:10 PM

                      thanks for posting the directions




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users