#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maura
    morg, do you have instructions for just photoshop? i'm redoing carly's postcards and would like to get it done quickly rather than mess around with it for a few hours. i have all the image files i need, im just not used to doing this is photoshop.
    If I was making a postcard now I'd use lumapix or photoshop. At the time I made this guide I was much more familiar with powerpoint.

What do you make your collages in? they look great so maybe that program would be better.

I'll work on making a photoshop only guide while I eat lunch today & post it...it should be up in 15 minutes or so

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

ok i started making a guide & i think it will be a pita to follow. photoshop isnt as easy to show.

what program did you make it with already? does it just need to be resized to fit the dimensions for vistaprint?

#13 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:41 PM

i made it with mac pages -- when i resized it to make it fit the vista print specs, it looks too smooshed when they arrived.

#14 morenaindc

morenaindc
      • 221 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:28 PM

when its my time to do this...i will definitely double back to you! tks.

#15 Cali

Cali
        • 281 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:07 AM

Thanks for posting these directions

#16 Dez921714

Dez921714
          • 1,489 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:13 AM

Just as an FYI. If you use PowerPoint to create it, you can make it into a PDF (I downloded something online from Windows to let me do this) and the text comes out clear (I was having a hard time saving a powerpoint as a .jpeg, the text was fuzzy)
            http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#17 sumrdream

sumrdream
            • 218 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:03 AM

I have photoshop elements...just got but have no idea how to use it! I always do stuff in powerpoint but i know its not the best way......I also have Adobe Illustrator...but I'm not that great at using that either.......need to take time to learn both! thanks for posting these fast directions!
              June 01, 2009, Nassau Bahamas
              My Planning Bio

#18 NYJen

NYJen
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

I'm trying to make some postcards and I have a question about the back side. How do you add that line that runs down the middle so you can separate the left side (where you write your note) and the right side (where you put the recipents address?)

Also, for the front side, do you really have to work in photoshop or PP or one of those softwares? I just downloaded the picture straight from my computer with no editing and it looked pretty good. What do you think?

#19 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:41 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by NYJen
                  I'm trying to make some postcards and I have a question about the back side. How do you add that line that runs down the middle so you can separate the left side (where you write your note) and the right side (where you put the recipents address?)

Also, for the front side, do you really have to work in photoshop or PP or one of those softwares? I just downloaded the picture straight from my computer with no editing and it looked pretty good. What do you think?
                  no you dont have to. You can upload the picture right to vistaprint & add your text there.

I made my postcard with a picture, logo & some text so I had to design it outside of vistaprint.

You can use a vistaprint template that has a line in the back. In power point there is a line option in the draw menu.

#20 NYJen

NYJen
                  • 1,326 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:50 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    no you dont have to. You can upload the picture right to vistaprint & add your text there.

I made my postcard with a picture, logo & some text so I had to design it outside of vistaprint.

You can use a vistaprint template that has a line in the back. In power point there is a line option in the draw menu.
                    Thanks so much for getting back to me on this, and so quickly!!! I'm not adding text to the front of the postcard (I should have mentioned that before.) So this should work fine. It's for my Thank You postcard and we already have the words Thank You written in the sand.

Thanks for the heads up on the back of the card. That was what I thought, but I can't find the template. I'll keep looking.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users