Photo

How to get addresses

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Rani Dae

Rani Dae
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Hey everyone! We finally are getting ready to make invitations and needing to get addresses from friends. I was thinking we could send out emails to our friends on Facebook asking for their addresses and at the same time get an idea of if they would even consider coming since its going to be a destination wedding and a little on the pricey side. I'm needing help on what to say in the email I don't want to come off rude but I also don't want to spend money on a bunch of invitations to friends that wouldn't even consider coming. Any examples or help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks 

#2 Jessica4LUXE

Jessica4LUXE
    • Vendor
    • 183 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

Hi Rani Dae,

We JUST came across this amazing service https://www.postable.com/ . A completly free service that collects your guests’ mailing addresses (and if you really want, super easy to write and mail all of your thank you cards). Check it out!!

We've also added further details about it on our blog: http://luxedestinati...dings.com/blog/

Happy Planning!

#3 AnaSteele58

AnaSteele58
      • 381 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jessica4LUXE 

Hi Rani Dae,

We JUST came across this amazing service https://www.postable.com/ . A completly free service that collects your guests’ mailing addresses (and if you really want, super easy to write and mail all of your thank you cards). Check it out!!

We've also added further details about it on our blog: http://luxedestinati...dings.com/blog/

Happy Planning!

I just signed up for Postable...it seems to work well.  Now I'm just waiting on more people to input their own address.  Thanks for sharing!

#4 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
        • 599 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

I just signed up for Postable...it seems to work well.  Now I'm just waiting on more people to input their own address.  Thanks for sharing!

Postable has worked pretty well for me so far. Unfortunately, FH did not follow my instructions to send a link to each of his guests, but what can you do? ;)

#5 MrsPeele2B

MrsPeele2B
          • 187 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

This sounds really neat I will have to tryit!!

#6 Xarocas

Xarocas
            • 157 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Thank you for the tip!! I was wondering that!!

#7 bridemoonpalace

bridemoonpalace
              • 151 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

It was hard for us to get addresses from some family members. Wish I would know about that site before.

#8 MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse
                • 156 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

I will try this

#9 Rani Dae

Rani Dae
                  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

just wanted to let everyone know we ended up making an event on facebook and here's what I said-

Hey Everyone!! We're getting married! 

We have started the process of making wedding invitations and need everyone's address. The wedding will be in Riviera Cancun, Mexico. 

We are pricing it right now starting around $1000 for 4 nts with flight per person. We will be staying 7 nts and we found it for $1500 with an ocean view suite. If you think this could fit in to your schedule and would like to join us please pm or post your address and We'll provide a formal invite to follow with more information. 
                    We'd love to have everyone join us! 

I feel like it worked good for the most part.

#10 babystace1985

babystace1985
                    • 155 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for the website!
                      Those who matter don't mind. Those who mind don't matter. -Dr. Seuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users