Photo

Photography at Sandals Grande Rivieria

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 doctorersmith

doctorersmith
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

Anyone else getting married at Sandals Grande Riviera? I am getting married August 2nd I am looking for some advice on photography and reception decisions. Sandals does not allow outside photographers unless they are guests. I feel wary about using Sandals photographers. Any advice? Is anyone else getting married around this time and looking to split the fee for a professional photographer?

#2 Marymack

Marymack
    • 414 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

You are misinformed,they do allow outside photography from a list of vendors!! Go to the website click on weddings,then photography.....

Anyone else getting married at Sandals Grande Riviera? I am getting married August 2nd I am looking for some advice on photography and reception decisions. Sandals does not allow outside photographers unless they are guests. I feel wary about using Sandals photographers. Any advice? Is anyone else getting married around this time and looking to split the fee for a professional photographer?

#3 Marymack

Marymack
      • 414 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

You are misinformed,they do allow outside photography from a list of vendors!! Go to the website click on weddings,then photography.....

#4 doctorersmith

doctorersmith
        • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

Yes that is true but I contacted two of the photographers and they said they must be contracted through the resort and the price Sandals is quoting is $1000 more for a package that only includes half of the time and photos. One photographer quoted me 1800 for 7 hrs but through Sandals the charge for the same photographer is 2800 for only 4 hours.

#5 Marymack

Marymack
          • 414 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Wow!!! I am bringing my own,that way I know exactly what I'm getting.Maybe you can just hire yourown and go offsite??

Yes that is true but I contacted two of the photographers and they said they must be contracted through the resort and the price Sandals is quoting is $1000 more for a package that only includes half of the time and photos. One photographer quoted me 1800 for 7 hrs but through Sandals the charge for the same photographer is 2800 for only 4 hours.  

#6 Backy

Backy
            • 171 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Sandals Montego Bay

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by doctorersmith 

wow that's super expensive, have you figured out a solution yet?

#7 redsoxgrl

redsoxgrl
            • 34 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

I am getting married at sandals negron and I am hiring a local photog from Jamaica to pick us up after the ceremony and do wedding photos then TTD photos at sunset. I figure ill let the sandals photog take some photos of ceremony and then if there happen to be any we like we will purchase per photo. Photography was a big deal to me and FI so we decided leaving the resort after the wedding gets us the quality we want. This was an easy decision for us since we are eloping.

#8 doctorersmith

doctorersmith
              • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Yes we decided to bring down our photographer with us. We are paying for her flight and hotel and in exchange she is taking all the pictures the day of the wedding and doing a TTD shoot. This option still came out cheaper than paying Sandals $2800 for 4 hours of photography.

#9 Marymack

Marymack
                • 414 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

Exactly!!!!

Yes we decided to bring down our photographer with us. We are paying for her flight and hotel and in exchange she is taking all the pictures the day of the wedding and doing a TTD shoot. This option still came out cheaper than paying Sandals $2800 for 4 hours of photography.  

#10 Maria504

Maria504
                  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'm getting married in Sept. at Ocho Rios! We just paid for the ala cart photographer, it was only 355 for 18 pictures on CD with the rights to us, so we can do what we want with them when we return home. We didn't invite any guest, so It will be just us!

Any tips when you get back would be awesome! Its hard to find other Sandals Grande Riviera brides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users