Photo

When Do You Give Your Guests Their OOT Bags?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 JHo2013

JHo2013
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cdnbanker 

we don't fly in until 8 at night so real delimina on when to fill them then give out

Oohhh... that's late. I would probably just get a good night's rest, get up early and package everything in the morning. If you're having a get together at lunch or in the evening - you can give it to them then and still get to enjoy your day on the resort without stressing about it.

#22 flo628

flo628
    • 200 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Good idea about handing them out at the Welcome Dinner, I think I will do that too. I wanted them to be in each room for the guests arrival (b/c I thought it would be such a great surprise!) but I don't want to pay the hotel to deliver them. Plus I have some guests staying at different hotels. Lugging everything down there will definitely be a pain, but I think it will be worth it!

#23 terrihugg

terrihugg
    • 43 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

We had the people at the front desk hand them out as guests checked in. Getting the bags down there weren't so bad because dedicated one suitcase to be specifically for the welcome bags. On the way back home we just had one empty bag! 

#24 JHo2013

JHo2013
      • 109 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by terrihugg 

We had the people at the front desk hand them out as guests checked in. Getting the bags down there weren't so bad because dedicated one suitcase to be specifically for the welcome bags. On the way back home we just had one empty bag! 

That's a good idea too!

#25 cdnbanker

cdnbanker
        • 195 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

we are getting there the same time as everyone else, then still have to fill the bags, but would love to be able to hand them out at check in

#26 MrsMoye

MrsMoye
          • 152 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

All of our guests will be arriving at the same time, so we will either greet them in the lobby with the bags or pass them out at the Welcome Dinner.

#27 thurberwedding

thurberwedding
            • 65 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 6, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Now Jade

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

Still debating on this ourselves. I am thinking of telling everybody to meet in a certain area for drinks the first night. I know I will be flying out as early as possible, so we should have time to toss the bags together before everybody arrives.

#28 pongyang2001

pongyang2001
            • 202 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 8, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Sandals Emerald Bay Exuma Bahamas
            • LocationProvidence, RI

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

planning to give OOT bags a few weeks in advance so i don't have to worry about bringing the stuff to the resort. it will include a welcome letter with travel info and things to do

#29 eberry

eberry
            • 63 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:28 AM

We will be arriving at the resort a couple of days before all of our guests, so that gives us time to assemble the bags and then we will meet everyone when they arrive at the resort lobby and hand out the bags.

#30 Kasey04

Kasey04
              • 151 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by eberry 

We will be arriving at the resort a couple of days before all of our guests, so that gives us time to assemble the bags and then we will meet everyone when they arrive at the resort lobby and hand out the bags.

That's what we are doing. Luckily we are arriving a couple days before everyone else so we can just relax, put the bags together, and then plan to meet everyone in the lobby when they get to the resort so we can welcome them personally and give them their bag! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users