Photo

When Do You Give Your Guests Their OOT Bags?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#11 Backy

Backy
  • 171 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Sandals Montego Bay

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

I would say before we leave, it would be too heavy for your luaugage wouldn't it?

#12 JHo2013

JHo2013
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

It's such a dilemma because if I was a guest, and I received something in Mexico once I arrive as a little welcome gift, I would feel like they've gone above and beyond in planning so I'd feel welcomed. But at the same time, holy man it's a lot to bring down! haha... I'm going to mail out the luggage tags with a flyer of a schedule of our wedding week. And then maybe give them just the beach towels and key/tip holders when we're there at the welcome dinner on our first night there. I think I'm going to opt out of the minibus stuff because I really don't think it'll be used and it all adds up! What's in your oot bags?

#13 itsjuliez

itsjuliez
    • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

Ideally I'd want the resort to put it in each room but if they charge I'm going to go with handing them out at the welcome dinner. I don't want to complicate myself with too much to pack so I'm limiting the OOT bag contents to a few things from here and 1 or 2 things I can buy locally (was thinking little tequila bottles and shot glasses)?

#14 jenn4285

jenn4285
      • 159 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

I think I am going to deliver them personally when we check in...

#15 un4gitabl

un4gitabl
        • 110 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 23, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

I've been trying to figure this out too.  But I was told that with our hotel it was better to deliver them ourselves.  I have lots of younger siblings who are going to deliver them for us. 

#16 jenn4285

jenn4285
        • 159 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

Yes, I have some young nieces who would love to help! What's good idea!

#17 SammyAnna

SammyAnna
          • 160 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yaaay! This just solved one of my problems... I have 2 nieces & 2 sons who would love to do this. One stressor eliminated.... 9,999 left to go! Thanks :)

#18 JHo2013

JHo2013
            • 109 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

I think I've settled on handing them out to people at the Welcome Dinner the night we arrive. Just because we won't know when they'll be in their rooms, etc. We got the Presidential Package at our resort which gives the Bride and Groom priority check in services. So hopefully that will allow me enough time to check in and quickly package the stuff together during the time the rest of the gang are checking in. Thanks for all your wonderful ideas!

#19 cdnbanker

cdnbanker
              • 195 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

we don't fly in until 8 at night so real delimina on when to fill them then give out

#20 lorcas

lorcas
                • 297 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by JHo2013 

I think I've settled on handing them out to people at the Welcome Dinner the night we arrive. Just because we won't know when they'll be in their rooms, etc. We got the Presidential Package at our resort which gives the Bride and Groom priority check in services. So hopefully that will allow me enough time to check in and quickly package the stuff together during the time the rest of the gang are checking in. Thanks for all your wonderful ideas!

Originally Posted by ucfjennifer 

I'm still early in the planning, but thinking we will have a welcome cocktail hour and give them then.

Same ideas as me! I plan on handing mine out at the welcome bon fire we will be having for our guests. The bon fire will be after dinner. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users