Sandals "photography partners" and a few other ?'s

We got married in December and our photographer was from The Memory Factory. Our pictures were gorgeous and he's very reasonable. We even used them for our welcome party. Email them for a quote at thememoryfactory@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Cool.. thanks

RaynDrop, We paid The Memory Factory around $2200 for a full day.  He started at 10:30 with pictures of me getting ready, got some of my husband, all the way through the reception. I'm guessing he worked for about 10-12 hrs. We had the option of getting a DVD with all the shots before we left back home from our honeymoon or we could order the final pictures online off his website and then have the prints mailed to our house.  We chose the DVD. He was so engaging with everyone and really became just part of the guests that we also ended up using them for our welcome party and he took pictures the day before the wedding just casual on the beach. I'm telling you it was a wonderful experience. We were planning on doing a trash the dress session the next morning but we were just exhausted.  I believe would have been an extra $400 for 2 hours.   Overall it was the best money we spent.

Oh and a tip for all the brides.  We didn't have to pay the resort the vendor fee which was $1000.  We paid for one night at the resort for the photographer as a guest and it was much much cheaper than the vendor fee. 

• Community Manager

RaynDrop, We paid The Memory Factory around $2200 for a full day.  He started at 10:30 with pictures of me getting ready, got some of my husband, all the way through the reception. I'm guessing he worked for about 10-12 hrs. We had the option of getting a DVD with all the shots before we left back home from our honeymoon or we could order the final pictures online off his website and then have the prints mailed to our house.  We chose the DVD. He was so engaging with everyone and really became just part of the guests that we also ended up using them for our welcome party and he took pictures the day before the wedding just casual on the beach. I'm telling you it was a wonderful experience. We were planning on doing a trash the dress session the next morning but we were just exhausted.  I believe would have been an extra $400 for 2 hours.   Overall it was the best money we spent.

Oh and a tip for all the brides.  We didn't have to pay the resort the vendor fee which was $1000.  We paid for one night at the resort for the photographer as a guest and it was much much cheaper than the vendor fee. 

You were married at a Sandals??

• Community Manager

No we didn't but it was an all inclusive. We decided to go off site because we had 40 people and they were charging me for every chair drink plate etc. Over 20.

Oh okay - I asked because I was curious/confused.   I had been told that Sandals doesn't offer any outside vendors - they don't offer a vendor fee option at all. 

@@RaynDrop...nothing wrong with it I guess (unless it counts as SPAM and/or is against the rules of this website), but that person is posting over and over on various boards about that photography company. I was confused too because I had thought she got married at Beaches T&C based on her posts until I asked which location on property she was married at and she replied it wasn't even that island let alone resort! I'm guessing she works for them or is friends with them as the majority of pics on the website are from her wedding. The business is not registered with the Better Business Bureau and they are using a free "Hotmail" account which is always a red flag when dealing with a business.

Sandals doesn't offer outside vendors...the photographer I'm using is counted as a guest as she has a room for the week. That was the way to get around not using their photographers.

Sandals doesn't offer outside vendors...the photographer I'm using is counted as a guest as she has a room for the week. That was the way to get around not using their photographers.

I just wanted to correct you here for anyone who might stop in and read the thread. Sandals has photography partners at each resort. They are outside vendors that sandals allows on property. They are also astronomically priced lol. (I asked for a quote from one if them and it was about 2k less than the rate sandals gave me over the phone. Talk about an up charge!)

http://www.sandals.com/weddingmoons/weddings/wedding-photographers/

Personally, I just ended up hiring an offsite photographer to take me all over Negril for pics after the ceremony and we will be paying per pic to have a few pics from actual ceremony.

We got married in December and our photographer was from The Memory Factory. Our pictures were gorgeous and he's very reasonable. We even used them for our welcome party. Email them for a quote at thememoryfactory@hotmail.com

No offense, but you've been posting this same response anytime anyone asks about photography. And you also direct messaged me on this website with the same info. Will you get something from The Memory Factory if you get people to use their services or what's the deal..?

• Like 1

I do not work for them or bennefit from them in any way. The only reason I have shared their information is that i was so stressed and overwhelmed when I was planning my destination wedding and when I found them they helped me so much. They were so wonderful to work with, they were amazing with my guests and I loved my pictures.

I figured I would help the future brides and give them some exposure since they have no exposure on these forums.