1353 replies to this topic

#681 Icis

Icis
  • 374 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Hello everyone! Sorry...it was long weekend for us Vancouverites so I took advantage and hung out with some friends. How was everyone's week so far?

The first 75 posts was tough, but after that I just kept posting about random things happening to me and it went by quicker. 

We bought a couple of orchid plants from a supermarket this weekend. They were on sale for $10 and they are huge! They are about 3 foot tall and they are double stemmed.

#682 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

Haha! I love orchids, I went to Trader Joe's this weekend to buy fresh flowers, I always like to have fresh flowers at home, they make me happy, that is the reason I feel like I will never go with silk flowers for my wedding, no matter how much cheaper they are, I fell they don't look pretty and the beauty of flowers relies on their freshness and scent. I got me some gerbera and lilies.

They always have beautiful orchids, at a very cheap price, orchids that sell at some other place for $45, they have it for $17, but I didn't get any, them all were already all open and I like when they are not so they last longer. I also already have like 6 orchids at home, 2 of them are re-blooming, which I was never able to achieve before. 

After they finish blooming, keep them and don't transplant them, even if you see the roots coming out of the pot, orchids like tight containers, let me know if you need any help with after care. :-) 

Hello everyone! Sorry...it was long weekend for us Vancouverites so I took advantage and hung out with some friends. How was everyone's week so far?

The first 75 posts was tough, but after that I just kept posting about random things happening to me and it went by quicker. 

We bought a couple of orchid plants from a supermarket this weekend. They were on sale for $10 and they are huge! They are about 3 foot tall and they are double stemmed.

#683 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
    • 288 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

Imagine if we could just buy potted orchids and bring over for decoration? at $10 a piece that would be so cheap, sniff! 

Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

Haha! I love orchids, I went to Trader Joe's this weekend to buy fresh flowers, I always like to have fresh flowers at home, they make me happy, that is the reason I feel like I will never go with silk flowers for my wedding, no matter how much cheaper they are, I fell they don't look pretty and the beauty of flowers relies on their freshness and scent. I got me some gerbera and lilies.

They always have beautiful orchids, at a very cheap price, orchids that sell at some other place for $45, they have it for $17, but I didn't get any, them all were already all open and I like when they are not so they last longer. I also already have like 6 orchids at home, 2 of them are re-blooming, which I was never able to achieve before. 

After they finish blooming, keep them and don't transplant them, even if you see the roots coming out of the pot, orchids like tight containers, let me know if you need any help with after care. :-) 

#684 MelB2012

MelB2012
      • 182 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

I joined in March and just last week I had over 30 post, I was getting excited!  this week doesn't seem to be working. I am up to 109... patiently waiting.   

The first 100 took me about a year.

I really need to take pictures of my projects and post those.... that should boost my numbers.... It's just getting around to actually taking the pictures!! I feel like I'm close now and yet.... still so far away. The only template I think I need now is Survival kit toppers.

#685 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
        • 288 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:43 AM

Wow, a year! Lets just chat here, how many more posts you need?

Originally Posted by MelB2012 

The first 100 took me about a year.

I really need to take pictures of my projects and post those.... that should boost my numbers.... It's just getting around to actually taking the pictures!! I feel like I'm close now and yet.... still so far away. The only template I think I need now is Survival kit toppers.

#686 MelB2012

MelB2012
          • 182 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

Wow, a year! Lets just chat here, how many more posts you need?

33 posts to go. When/Where are you getting married?

100 days today and I'll be hitched. 94 days until we leave!!

#687 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
            • 288 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

I am getting married next year, August 22 at Moon Palace. My save the date go out this weekend. I can't wait to start getting annoyed with people not booking. HAHA

#688 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
              • 288 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

When and when are you?

#689 MelB2012

MelB2012
                • 182 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

When and when are you?

Runaway Bay, Jamaica. November 15th, 2013.

We leave in 94 days... not that I'm counting or anything. Still lots of little things to figure out. I need to make a seating chart for the W/C, and dress fittings, and music requests.... and finding an old suitcase.... Arggh.... there's tons.

#690 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
                  • 288 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

Well, keep counting because your date will be here in the blink of an eye. When I started here in March I thought I had an eternity, now we are just short of a year from our date. 

Ask around for an old suitcase, I am sure someone will have one that they don't need. 

Runaway Bay, Jamaica. November 15th, 2013.

We leave in 94 days... not that I'm counting or anything. Still lots of little things to figure out. I need to make a seating chart for the W/C, and dress fittings, and music requests.... and finding an old suitcase.... Arggh.... there's tons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users