Jump to content

Photo

How fast can we newbies reach 150????!!


  • Please log in to reply
1353 replies to this topic

#631 MrsTobeD

MrsTobeD
  • Jr. Member
  • 288 posts

    Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:01 AM

    I am at 76  

    LOL this is such a random but funny thread! Good idea! I think the 150 post rule is  !! I believe I'm at 90 or something...so i have quite a few more posts to go!!  



    #632 MrsTobeD

    MrsTobeD
    • Jr. Member
    • 288 posts

      Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

      Moon Palace, I feel she is lying about the vendors, first I asked her about a list of approved vendors (non fee), she responds to me with just the resort vendors, one for photography (in house), one for music services (DJ), and one for decorations, I emailed her again and told her I understood those are their vendors but that I am looking for other vendors they allow people to use, she responded tow more times telling me those are the only ones I can use, then I confronted her with two very well known vendors one for decorations and another one for music services that I am aware they let people use without paying a fee, then she responds, yes, you are correct you can also use those two but make sure you compare prices and what they offer first. She is clearly hiding information and lying. 

       

       

      Originally Posted by zeman321 

      Where are you getting married? Why do you think she is lying and about what? What a horrible feeling that would be. We haven't had much contact with our WC because we are so far out, but I hope she is pretty responsive as we get closer.



      #633 Jenn963

      Jenn963
      • Jr. Member
      • 200 posts

        Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

        Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

        I am at 76  

        LOL :)  When's your wedding? and where?



        #634 KK2013

        KK2013
        • Jr. Member
        • 244 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
        • LocationNew Jersey

        Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:42 AM

        Originally Posted by MrsTobeD 

        Moon Palace, I feel she is lying about the vendors, first I asked her about a list of approved vendors (non fee), she responds to me with just the resort vendors, one for photography (in house), one for music services (DJ), and one for decorations, I emailed her again and told her I understood those are their vendors but that I am looking for other vendors they allow people to use, she responded tow more times telling me those are the only ones I can use, then I confronted her with two very well known vendors one for decorations and another one for music services that I am aware they let people use without paying a fee, then she responds, yes, you are correct you can also use those two but make sure you compare prices and what they offer first. She is clearly hiding information and lying. 

         

         


        That is so odd!  We only have one vendor that is approved for each thing (DJ, Decor, etc.).  There aren't multiple at Paradisus.



        #635 Icis

        Icis
        • Jr. Member
        • 374 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 8, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya
        • LocationVancouver, BC

        Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

        That is so odd!  We only have one vendor that is approved for each thing (DJ, Decor, etc.).  There aren't multiple at Paradisus.

        I'm really lost on the vendor approval thing. So to my understanding outside vendors are usually allowed when a fee is paid. To get around outside vendor fee, I can pay my photographer (let's say) a night stay so then they are also guests at the resort. Am I correct? Am I missing something about approved vendors?

        #636 MrsTobeD

        MrsTobeD
        • Jr. Member
        • 288 posts

          Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

          Approved vendors are those which the resort would allow you to bring/ besides theirs, without charging the outrageous fee. Some resorts would let you bring other vendors as long as you pay the fee, while others will absolutely NOT allow you to bring anyone, some people would just bring their photographer and say nothing to the resort, they would get a room as any other hotel guest. . 

          Originally Posted by Icis 


          I'm really lost on the vendor approval thing. So to my understanding outside vendors are usually allowed when a fee is paid. To get around outside vendor fee, I can pay my photographer (let's say) a night stay so then they are also guests at the resort. Am I correct? Am I missing something about approved vendors?


          #637 KK2013

          KK2013
          • Jr. Member
          • 244 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
          • LocationNew Jersey

          Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

          Originally Posted by Icis 


          I'm really lost on the vendor approval thing. So to my understanding outside vendors are usually allowed when a fee is paid. To get around outside vendor fee, I can pay my photographer (let's say) a night stay so then they are also guests at the resort. Am I correct? Am I missing something about approved vendors?


          You can probably get away with having the photographer stay at the resort, but in my case at Paradisus, he has to be part of the "group" and in order to be that, would need to stay 3 nights, which they conveniently make equal right around the same as the vendor fee.



          #638 Mrs Smith 2 Be

          Mrs Smith 2 Be
          • Jr. Member
          • 162 posts

            Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

            Originally Posted by zeman321 

            How far along in the planning process is everyone on this thread? We are really just getting started. Have the dress. Just ordered STD's. Have the wedding booked. How close to your date did you start talking to the wedding coordinator at your resort? Ours wants the planning sheet 1 to 2 months before.

            We skipped STD's & just did boarding pass invites.  We have a small group (invited about 32 & about 25 booked already)  Some of my friends booked before they got their invites just b/c prices were starting to increase quickly. 

             

            We haven't talked much to our wedding coordinater.  We booked the photographer, videographer, pastor & DJ. The outside vendor fees are tough.  I wanted to hire an outside hair/makeup artist but it's $300 for her to get on the resort + the hair makeup fees.  It's just too much



            #639 zeman321

            zeman321
            • Jr. Member
            • 280 posts

              Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

              Originally Posted by Mrs Smith 2 Be 

              We skipped STD's & just did boarding pass invites.  We have a small group (invited about 32 & about 25 booked already)  Some of my friends booked before they got their invites just b/c prices were starting to increase quickly. 

               

              We haven't talked much to our wedding coordinater.  We booked the photographer, videographer, pastor & DJ. The outside vendor fees are tough.  I wanted to hire an outside hair/makeup artist but it's $300 for her to get on the resort + the hair makeup fees.  It's just too much

              Does she have a shop close by? Maybe go to her?



              #640 KK2013

              KK2013
              • Jr. Member
              • 244 posts
              • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
              • LocationNew Jersey

              Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

              Originally Posted by Mrs Smith 2 Be 

              We skipped STD's & just did boarding pass invites.  We have a small group (invited about 32 & about 25 booked already)  Some of my friends booked before they got their invites just b/c prices were starting to increase quickly. 

               

              We haven't talked much to our wedding coordinater.  We booked the photographer, videographer, pastor & DJ. The outside vendor fees are tough.  I wanted to hire an outside hair/makeup artist but it's $300 for her to get on the resort + the hair makeup fees.  It's just too much


              I would tell them your hair and makeup people are guests of the wedding and buy them a day pass.  See if that works :)






              1 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users