Photo

What Has Been the Most Surprising or Annoying Wedding "Upcharge"?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by SammyAnna 

I agree totally! As this is my second marriage, so I wanted something more low-key & inexpensive. Everyone suggested a DW, but I was shocked to find that I am being nickel & dimed for everything. I have 50 guests that are bringing at least $50,000 into their resort for that week & it is an all-inclusive resort, so why do I have to pay $70/pp to sit in a private area to eat for one meal? & decor! Don't even start with that... its outrageous! I am so glad I'm not looking for an extravagant affair... it would be a fortune to pay for!  I am def warning future brides about realistic costs of  dw wedding. I still dont regret my choice but I have given up on alot of things I dreamed of having at my wedding just to stay on budget.

I'm giving up a few things as well....and I love how some of my FI's family thinks we're being selfish and cheap...nothing cheap about a destination wedding

#32 SammyAnna

SammyAnna
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

People are shocked when I tell them the costs associated. My FI mom was expecting to use my photographer to do family portraits of her other children's families. I had to explain that we only have him for a few hours, not the whole day.

#33 moodyc82

moodyc82
    • 614 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
    • LocationNJ

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

People are shocked when I tell them the costs associated. My FI mom was expecting to use my photographer to do family portraits of her other children's families. I had to explain that we only have him for a few hours, not the whole day.

Yeah same here

#34 cdnbanker

cdnbanker
    • 195 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

Same here

#35 Carlota1981

Carlota1981
      • Banned
      • 270 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 6, 2013
      • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
      • LocationBeach gazebo

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

My friends are shocked at the cost of wedding package! 

People are shocked when I tell them the costs associated. 

#36 BeachBride0422

BeachBride0422
      • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

Does anyone know if you bring your own decorations do they charge you some kind of fee to have a person set everything up for you?

#37 MelB2012

MelB2012
        • 182 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by BeachBride0422 

Does anyone know if you bring your own decorations do they charge you some kind of fee to have a person set everything up for you?

I hope not!! I'm pretty sure that's what the wedding coordinator is for!!

#38 Jenny2014

Jenny2014
          • 503 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

Yeah, i'm getting charged $150 as a set up fee!

#39 alexisinjamaica

alexisinjamaica

• Moderators
            • 562 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Secrets St. James, Montego Bay
            • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by BeachBride0422 

Most resorts do charge a setup fee. Usually nothing too crazy-- I paid $50 for my wedding, but I think it ranges and can go higher.

#40 SammyAnna

SammyAnna
            • 160 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Our resort charges for different deco packages... $400-$900! If you bring your own & want them to set it up, they charge $150-$300 (depending on # of guests) for ceremony, then $190-$350 for reception setup. There is also a venue rental fee for the reception of $500/hr.  I'm using minimal deco (its so beautiful anyway) and having friends set up what I have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users