Photo

Wedding at Iberostar or Grand Bahai Principle In Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Breng83

Breng83
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

Help! Can anyone tell me where to get started on planning my wedding in Jamaica? I have it narrowed down to these two resorts but i'm waiting on a date confirmation from Iberostar still. Is it safe to put a deposit down? How did everyone get started? PLEASE HELP ME,LOL!

#2 LisaJoy

LisaJoy
    • 64 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 7, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, JAMAICA

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

Congratulations!!

I got engaged 2/14/12 and immediately started looking up every single resort website in Jamaica.  Read all the pros and cons on Trip Advisor and finally decided on Secrets Wild Orchid because of its newness and privacy.

My wedding is 7/1/13.  The wedding team at the hotel contacted me May 1st to find out my ideas for the wedding.  Seriously, there is no stress in this.  I had already been figuring out my colors, bridesmaids, weddings songs, etc throughout the year so now it was all coming together.  There are many brides that go all out and create Save the Dates, Invitations, Luggage Tags for guests, Wedding Itineraries, Gifts, and so on.  I choose to keep it simple and save that money for me and my future husband to spend on our honeymoon doing fun things.

You cna look under Wedding Planner forum to see what other brides have done. Hopefully this helps!  Now get started. That's the fun part. 

#3 Recy

Recy
    • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

Funny. I researched for months and these were my 2 choices also. I finally decided on Iberostar Rose Hall Suites because Gran Bahai seemed like a large resort. I dont want it to be hard to find my friends and family. I'm not a large crowed type of person so that was the deal breaker for me. Although their wedding packages are nice. Let me know what you decide!! Good luck!!!

Originally Posted by Breng83 

Help! Can anyone tell me where to get started on planning my wedding in Jamaica? I have it narrowed down to these two resorts but i'm waiting on a date confirmation from Iberostar still. Is it safe to put a deposit down? How did everyone get started? PLEASE HELP ME,LOL!

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#4 Recy

Recy
      • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

I love Secrets Wild Orchid but it's an adult only resort and I have chidren attending!! Nice resort though! Maybe I will go for my honeymoon. I will definitely look into that!!!

Originally Posted by LisaJoy 

Congratulations!!

I got engaged 2/14/12 and immediately started looking up every single resort website in Jamaica.  Read all the pros and cons on Trip Advisor and finally decided on Secrets Wild Orchid because of its newness and privacy.

My wedding is 7/1/13.  The wedding team at the hotel contacted me May 1st to find out my ideas for the wedding.  Seriously, there is no stress in this.  I had already been figuring out my colors, bridesmaids, weddings songs, etc throughout the year so now it was all coming together.  There are many brides that go all out and create Save the Dates, Invitations, Luggage Tags for guests, Wedding Itineraries, Gifts, and so on.  I choose to keep it simple and save that money for me and my future husband to spend on our honeymoon doing fun things.

You cna look under Wedding Planner forum to see what other brides have done. Hopefully this helps!  Now get started. That's the fun part. 

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#5 traylynn

traylynn
        • 154 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Starting early is key

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users