• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by brecluse
    Ok, so I guess you guys were really right. Matt talked with the BVI govt. officials today to figure out if we could have his college roommate perform our ceremony there (we thought that was possible), but it turns out that if we do the civil ceremony in the bvi the justice has to perform the ceremony. Soooo, we're doing a legal ceremony here for my dad and step mom tomorrow and our friend will do a personal ceremony for us in the bvi, but we won't do any paperwork there.

And the scans came back good. She had some tumors go away, some shrink and the largest didn't get any bigger. So progress.

Thanks so much for the kind words and for helping me see what I already knew. You guys rock!

That's so wonderful; great news all around!!!! I'm so happy for you!
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#12 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:30 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by brecluse
      Ok, so I guess you guys were really right. Matt talked with the BVI govt. officials today to figure out if we could have his college roommate perform our ceremony there (we thought that was possible), but it turns out that if we do the civil ceremony in the bvi the justice has to perform the ceremony. Soooo, we're doing a legal ceremony here for my dad and step mom tomorrow and our friend will do a personal ceremony for us in the bvi, but we won't do any paperwork there.

And the scans came back good. She had some tumors go away, some shrink and the largest didn't get any bigger. So progress.

Thanks so much for the kind words and for helping me see what I already knew. You guys rock!

That is great news! Have a wonderful time tomorrow!!!

#13 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:37 AM

That's really great news!! :) You will have two special days now :)

#14 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:40 AM

I am so happy to hear about your step-mom's progress!

#15 Lizzy

Lizzy
          • 501 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:18 AM

Alisha, I am so happy that you are comfortable with your decision. Second guessing can tear you apart! Your guy is very special...bless his little heart for seeing what was important! Tomorrow will be a very special day for the four of you. Not one of you will ever forget it. Enjoy your time with your dad and stepmom and remember to bring a camera!!!! We all want to see this very special wedding. The news about your stepmom's tests is wonderful!
            Thank God she didn't get any more bad news!
            Yippeeeeeee

For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#16 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:42 AM

That's great news about her results! I hope she makes a full recovery eventually.

And take it from someone who had 3 ceremonies, none of them diminish the other. Each of our weddings were sacred and special, they were just expressed differently each time. Have fun with them!!!

#17 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:39 AM

Happy news, enjoy your wedding with your dad and stepmom, we will be thinking about you.

#18 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:45 AM

that is great news, I am so happy for you and your family!

#19 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:29 AM

Alisha, I think that is a wonderful thing to do for your father and his wife. I thnk it's even sweeter that your FI thought of it! Good choice.

Also, I am glad to hear her tests came back positive!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users