Traveling with Wedding Dress

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Heyily

Heyily
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:36 AM

Hello,

I was just wondering how some of you brides were planning on traveling with your gowns?  I don't want to check my gown in with the luggage and hope i can take on the plane as a carry-on!

#2 Carlota1981

Carlota1981
    • Banned
    • 270 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 6, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
    • LocationBeach gazebo

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hello!!! I am of course dont check in my gown!! I could not imagine the idea of a loosing luggage! lol Although we are having a direct flight from Madrid to Cancun, anyway I do not want to take any risks.

I am just taking it with me at the airplane in a travel bag. My Fi is going to make the same with his suit. 

Check with your air company or TA but I am sure whatever is your aircompany you will able to go with your dress. I will ckeck in my shoes but i will carry with me my earrings for the day and both wedding rings. 

¡Un saludo!

#3 Yazmin De La Mora

Yazmin De La Mora
    • Vendor
    • 336 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Heyily 

Hello,

I was just wondering how some of you brides were planning on traveling with your gowns?  I don't want to check my gown in with the luggage and hope i can take on the plane as a carry-on!

Hi Heyily,

Most of our brides, have carried their gowns with them, just to make sure, check with your airline like Carlota says.

Once in customs when in Mexico, they are very friendly with all the Brides and their families so you will not have to worry about it. 

Good Luck!

#4 Heyily

Heyily
      • 52 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Carlota1981 

Hello!!! I am of course dont check in my gown!! I could not imagine the idea of a loosing luggage! lol Although we are having a direct flight from Madrid to Cancun, anyway I do not want to take any risks.

I am just taking it with me at the airplane in a travel bag. My Fi is going to make the same with his suit. 

Check with your air company or TA but I am sure whatever is your aircompany you will able to go with your dress. I will ckeck in my shoes but i will carry with me my earrings for the day and both wedding rings. 

¡Un saludo!

Thank you for the info!  I will definitely call the airlines!

#5 Heyily

Heyily
        • 52 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Yazmin De La Mora 

Hi Heyily,

Most of our brides, have carried their gowns with them, just to make sure, check with your airline like Carlota says.

Once in customs when in Mexico, they are very friendly with all the Brides and their families so you will not have to worry about it. 

Good Luck!

Thank you for the response and info!  I will call the airlines for more information!

#6 Heyily

Heyily
          • 52 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Carlota1981 

¡Un saludo!

Thank you for the response and information!  Happy Planning :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users