Secrets Saint James Wild Orchid Bride 11/9/2013 - Need Planning Help/Tips

Alexisinjamaica -

Did you use the resort photographer? I am trying to find some more information on them. I really like Misha Earles work...but am trying to deicde if I want to have them both there for the ceremony. Were they easy to work with? Was it expensive if you wanted to add to your already included photos? Do they do TTD sessions? How long was it till you got your pics back? I'm wanting to have mine for the AHR a month later.

Hi how are you!  We leave in 17 days cannot wait :).  We have 31 people going including myself and my fiancee.  We got the Wedding in Paradise Package (for free)(you get this for free when staying 7nights, or having so many rooms booked). We opted to take the free package and just add on from that.  We felt the other packages were too expensive for what we were actually getting.  Neither of us are huge cake people so we just have the free wedding cake for picture purposes, as well as the champagne toast.  We are getting married right on the beach so I emailed the resort of how I wanted everything set up.  We aren't doing a reception that is private because we also thought that defeated the purpose of the amount of money everyone paid to even join us.  We paid to eat and drink with the all inclusive, so after our ceremony we will have our photo-shoot and then have dinner at one of the restaurants at the resort and then party at the bars after dinner.  This was our own personal preference, we wanted something not over the top and crazy expensive. If we wanted that we would have gotten married back home :)!  My personal opinion is the paradise package is great then just add on from there everything else you may want.  Everything we added on is still cheaper than doing one of the more expensive packages.  We are spending alot of money on pictures/video since that is the only thing we will have as a keepsake of this adventure. Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.  Happy planning :), when is your wedding?

• 3 months later...

Hi how are you!  We leave in 17 days cannot wait :).  We have 31 people going including myself and my fiancee.  We got the Wedding in Paradise Package (for free)(you get this for free when staying 7nights, or having so many rooms booked). We opted to take the free package and just add on from that.  We felt the other packages were too expensive for what we were actually getting.  Neither of us are huge cake people so we just have the free wedding cake for picture purposes, as well as the champagne toast.  We are getting married right on the beach so I emailed the resort of how I wanted everything set up.  We aren't doing a reception that is private because we also thought that defeated the purpose of the amount of money everyone paid to even join us.  We paid to eat and drink with the all inclusive, so after our ceremony we will have our photo-shoot and then have dinner at one of the restaurants at the resort and then party at the bars after dinner.  This was our own personal preference, we wanted something not over the top and crazy expensive. If we wanted that we would have gotten married back home :)!  My personal opinion is the paradise package is great then just add on from there everything else you may want.  Everything we added on is still cheaper than doing one of the more expensive packages.  We are spending alot of money on pictures/video since that is the only thing we will have as a keepsake of this adventure. Let me know if you have any other questions I can answer.  Happy planning :), when is your wedding?

This is exactly what im doing. The free package with some extras, and not having a reception since its all inclusive im just going to one of the resturants then the bars. I gotta splurdge a little on my photographer tho, havent decided on one yet. Im also just making my own bouquets or finding a site online for fake ones, they sound crazy expensive for anything that looks nice.

Has anyone gotten their hair and makeup done at secret? How was it and do you have any pictures? Thanks for the help! Id love to do and outside makeup artist but then id have to pat 300 for a vendor fee plus 300 for my photographer, it gets a bit rediculous!

Has anyone gotten their hair and makeup done at secret? How was it and do you have any pictures? Thanks for the help! Id love to do and outside makeup artist but then id have to pat 300 for a vendor fee plus 300 for my photographer, it gets a bit rediculous!

I got my hair done at secrets salon. I have natural hair. I can't remember her name but my hair turned out great. She flat ironed and curled my hair. I posted link for pics of my wedding on one of these forums, check my postings.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my hair done at secrets salon. I have natural hair. I can't remember her name but my hair turned out great. She flat ironed and curled my hair. I posted link for pics of my wedding on one of these forums, check my postings.

Which person at the spa did your hair? Did they also do your makeup? Also- I noticed you had your reception by one of the pools, was there an extra charge for this? Did you hire an outiside DJ? Your pictures turned out absolutely GORGEOUS!

Me and my fiance are getting married at SWO Jan 26 2015...YAY!!! The info in this forum is awesome and so helpful. Did anyone use the resort photographers? If so, how long where they with you on the big day and how is the quality of their work

? I'm debating whether it would be worth it to bring in an outside photographer.