Photo

How did/will you modernize your wedding ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CassidyWess

CassidyWess
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

My fiance' and I are working on our ceremony plans. We are keeping it fairly traditional but would like to modernize and break the mold a little bit. 

So I was curious...what non-traditional items were/will be present in your wedding ceremony? And was the result what you expected or were/ may they be "better in theory"?

:)

#2 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
    • 599 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

I haven't thought as much about that part, but a really good place to get some ideas is the offbeat bride website. It's very inclusive of all brides, and has some really good members that think way outside the box (or even just a little).

#3 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
      • 599 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

On a completely different note, does anyone know what the property is in the picture linking to this thread from the main page? Just gorgeous?

#4 KK2013

KK2013
        • 244 posts
        • Wedding Date:December 7, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Paradisus La Esmeralda- Gabi Club
        • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:06 AM

I'm interested in the same thing!  Thanks for posting this!  One thing we are doing (which might not be what you are thinking) is instead of a sand ceremony, we are going to do the love letters that you lock in the wine box.  It's more representative of us :)

#5 AllieH

AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

we skipped the unity ceremony - no candles or sand ceremony. just wasn't "us". we also intentionally left out the "who gives this woman" - my husband & I lived together for a few years before we got married. I had my father walk me down and hand me off to my husband. Both worked out well! 

our ceremony was not religious at all, because that isn't us either. it was very much focused on the reality of marriage - hard work, joining together, working through the good and the bad, choosing to be together, etc. 

we did have a friend do a reading for us. 

we did the traditional "echo" vows, but also said our own vows before that (promises to each other). it was very special and meaningful to both of us. 

so all in all, we really customized the ceremony to fit who we are, and what our relationship is. It was perfect (for us)! 

Originally Posted by CassidyWess 

My fiance' and I are working on our ceremony plans. We are keeping it fairly traditional but would like to modernize and break the mold a little bit. 

So I was curious...what non-traditional items were/will be present in your wedding ceremony? And was the result what you expected or were/ may they be "better in theory"?

:)

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#6 flo628

flo628
        • 200 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 19, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada, Cabo San Lucas

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

My FI and I are having our good friend (who actually set us up) officiate the ceremony, which is kind of my favorite part of the ceremony. We're also having the ceremony super short, b/c we're not keen on being the center of attention for a long time, and we might do a shot of tequila with everyone after we say I do- have ushers pass out shots and just have one all together, since we are getting married in Cabo. We're obviously not that traditional to begin with. :)

#7 JillTran

JillTran
        • Vendor
        • 116 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by flo628 

My FI and I are having our good friend (who actually set us up) officiate the ceremony, which is kind of my favorite part of the ceremony. We're also having the ceremony super short, b/c we're not keen on being the center of attention for a long time, and we might do a shot of tequila with everyone after we say I do- have ushers pass out shots and just have one all together, since we are getting married in Cabo. We're obviously not that traditional to begin with. :)

@flor628, that's so romantic, to have the person who set you up, marry you! I love the idea of doing the Tequila shots to get everyone loosened up. Congratulations on your engagement, you're all going to have such a good time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users