JellyFish for 2014:

Hi Ladies,

I am also waiting to hear if there is any space open at the Jellyfish resteraunt in Janaury 2014. We are already booked at Dreams Palm Beach and when we started getting more into the planning I was blown away with the costs of everything at the resort.

I also want something a little more different and not so cookie cutter... I wish we had looked more online earlier because I am worried if we can ever find a place.

Does anyone on here know of any other off resort venues? 

Thanks Ladies and congrats on your weddings and wish you all the luck with your special day at the Jellyfish!

Hi! Could someone email me the prices for JellyFish? Autumn8815@gmail.com Thank you!
I jus returned fromME Snd jellyfish site visit Snd ill post review but feel free to ask my any specific questions. There is not a shuttle from ME to JF, taxi was approx $26 and a 20 min drive from resort

Originally Posted by cmingalone View Post

I jus returned fromME Snd jellyfish site visit Snd ill post review but feel free to ask my any specific questions. There is not a shuttle from ME to JF, taxi was approx $26 and a 20 min drive from resort

Can't wait to read your review! I feel like there are so many questions I should be asking Mayte to prep for my day, but I really can't think of any.

looking forward to your review! Any suggestions you have after the site vist is greatly appreciated!! A few things I would like to know: 1) If you go with the DJ but don't do a dance floor on the beach is there room inside to save costs? We are having about 40 people. 2) With the open bar options are kids included in this price? Or are they cheaper? 3) Any food suggestions?

Did you happen to meet with Mayte while you were on your visit? I leave for our visit next week! We have a date to visit JF with Mayte but I'm wondering if there is anything we should ask or consider while we are there. Did you do a menu tasting or discuss decor?

Hello ladies, I'm booked for June 30, 2014! Next step is to send a deposit via the wire transfer and then book a photographer and pick a resort. We got pricing for Majestic Elegance and Iberostar Bavaro Suites. I asked my TA to look into Paradisus Palma Real. I also personally emailed AlSol Del Mar and got a good price from them, but I can't find a single review about this resort! It is not the same as AlSol Luxury Village. The price is pretty good considering they're a 5-star resort, I don't know what to do!

Hi ladies! I'm so sorry I thought I posted this here already! Below is my review if my site visit to ME and Jellyfish. Please let me know if you have any specific questions or would like me to email you photos if ME or JF. We did meet Mayte and she is incredible we discussed some details and brainstormed menu. We are going with a customized 5 course dinner with a wine pairing! My fiancée is a chef and we learned Mayte studied under a Michelin sat chef in Spain so needless to say for 2 hours the goodies were speaking their own language and I was sipping wine and enjoying the view! Mayte even commented how she was thrilled to have a couple more food focused then decor! I told her that place is gorgeous and really needs minimal decor just beautiful candle lighting! Hope this helps! Happy planning! This trip was a site visit to the Majestic Elegance Resort and the Jellyfish prior to our wedding in February. We wanted to get a good understanding of what Punta Cana, and the resort were like so we could advise our guests appropriately. The one thing I learned was that this is by no means a US standard 4 star resort, I would say the 4/5 star rating online equates to 3 star in the US. We stayed at the Majestic Elegance July 18-25th. We had junior suite in the Elle building-elegance club section. The Elle building was great, it was very close to the beach and it had a great access to the Sea & See restaurant. I have already contacted our TA to put the request to have everyone stay at the Elle building. It is the only building that has both Elegance and non-elegance rooms. The ME is a very pretty resort, the grounds, and the pools etc are very nice and well kept. It was unbelievably hot, I felt like I was laying out in Danteâ€s Inferno…I have travelled a lot and have never ever been as hot an uncomfortable as I was in PC in July. I live in South Texas where our summers are over 100 degrees with 100% humidity, but I honestly think I am very deconditioned to hot climates because of the A/C everywhere in Texas. I was not aware that the resort was an open air concept. The only A/C was in your room, the elegance lounge and some of the restaurants. This is no fault of the resort, just more my own ignorance, but it did play a role in my comfort and experience during the week. I spoke to a ton of locals who promised my return trip for February will be a much different experience since the climate will be much nicer. Room: Our room was 2251-Elle building. It was comfortable, it needs a facelift though. A fresh coat of paint would do wonders. The wallpaper was peeling in some corners and the wall was a little dingy. Nothing major, but if this resort was opened in 2008, it clearly shows they have not touched up the rooms (or at least our room) since the opening. We took Damp Rid and this helped the humidity level in the room tremendously. It last approx. 5.5 of the 7 days we were there, and you could definitely notice a difference on the 6th day, every surface including my ipad screen was damp. We received 2 wash clothes the last two days of the trip, but we took our own so it was not a big deal, but the reviews regarding washcloths and towels are true so take some with you. Food/Sickness Issues: I was extremely concerned about the food/water/virus issue that was floating around the internet. So to say I went prepared is an understand statement. I took Lysol spray and sprayed down the room, doorknobs, light switches, toilet area especially, bar/fridge anything that anyone before us would have touched and possibly contaminated if they had been ill. We started taking Cuturelle Pro-biotic one week before we left and continued it through the week while we were there. We took bottle water with us to the restaurants and declined the water from the pitcher when they went to pour it at the table. If you ask for bottle water they will bring it to you, but you have to ask. They go to the lobby bar to get it so itâ€s easier for them to put your water then provide bottle. We took it pretty easy during the day, had a couple beers or margaritas but stayed away from the coconut or sweet drinks. I had travel antibacterial with us everywhere we went and made sure to use it after touching common areas like computers or door handles etc. I took the single serving packets of Gatorade and we drank a couple of those a day to stay hydrated. We ate pretty clean, and simple, grilled fish, steak etc… We never got sick thank goodness, but we did meet a couple people at dinner who had been drinking the water in the restaurants and brushing their teeth with tap water and had issues. We used bottle water for everything, and made sure to use anti-bacterial after we washed our hands with tap water. I will say on the day before leaving we took a ScubaAquatica excursion to Catalina Island, I took several bottle water with us from the hotel after I heard s few people complain about suspicious “purified†water on their excursion which was served out of a large cooler. During the excursions I notice the girl serving drinks did not have gloves on and did not use a cup or utensil to grab the ice for drinks. She was using her bare hand to put ice in cups for drinks and soda. We only had one beer each, but my fiancée ate lettuce, tomatoes, fruit etc while on excursion and had terrible diareahh the next day. Thankfully I had Imodium and he took one for plane ride home. We suspect it was suspicious food handling or unclean water that was used when washing and preparing salads and fruits. Other than that we ate the exact same thing, grilled chicken and rice etc. Jellyfish: Amazing, incredible, beautiful. The food was fantastic; we had a lovely dinner fish and lobster and loved it. We met with Mayte and had a great 2 hour meeting, she is wonderful. Our trip to JF was definitely the highlight of our trip and if it wasnâ€t for the fantastic venue we will be having our wedding at, we would have moved venues to Aruba or Mexico. Overall the trip was ok, nothing about ME or PC was incredible or terrible, it was just average. We thought the food at the ME was so-so (well I thought it was fine at some points and sub-standard at others but my fiancée is a chef and did not care for food at all). I think the average person, and most of our guest will be content with the food, but it is the only vacation I have ever been on where I came home 2 lbs lighter. It was also our first and last all-inclusive. I can say one disappointment was the overall feeling like the resort was trying to get more money all the time…I know the Tropical Studios is not apart of ME, but they are a preferred vendor with a shop onsight…this was one example of many that happened during our visit. I contacted a rep prior to our trip to inquire about photo session fees for a one hour beach shoot and picture packages while we were there. We decided to get our professional engagement photos done during our stay. Initially, I spoke with our photographer and he was happy to do it, however once I heard back from Tropical Studios I choose to book with one of their photographers. I was told there was no session fee for guests of the ME and we could purchase pictures individually for $10 each or get a custom package. This sounded like a decent deal and saved us the fee from our photographer who was charging $100 I think but then a huge discount on photos This was all in writing through email from one of the managers of the studio. We booked our apt and showed up with the paperwork, they photographer guy said he didnâ€t need it and we were off to shoot our photos. He asked us to return later that evening to go through photos. We rushed through our dinner to arrive at the time he requested and he was not there and we were told to come back the next day. This was a little frustrating because we had an all day excursion booked on the last day and we were leaving early the following day. We rushed back again as soon as we got back to resort after excursion with about 30 mins to spare before closing. We talked to another person who started showing us our slideshow. The photos were overall nice quality but there were only 4-6 shots we really liked because a lot where with our eyes closed, hair in face, looking down etc…He finished the show with his sales pitch regarding going with a beautiful custom package starting at 250$ . When I told him we didnâ€t want the entire package but we wanted to hand pick a few a pay per photo, his turned very aggressive and almost rude and replied we need to order a minmum of $200 worth of photos or pay the $250 photo session fee. I explained my email communication and what the pricing was, he told me I was wrong and where was this email. I had it luckily still printed out in our room, so he demanded that I return later the next morning with the email and he would let me talk to someone about it. Well this did not work for us since they donâ€t open until 9 or 10 and we were leaving before that. Needless to say we are back home scrambling to get e-photos done and it was one of many bad service/bad communication issues that happened during our stay…donâ€t even get me started on the listing of water activities included on the website and in the printed brochure they give you upon arrival. It was like an act of congress trying to find out where to get the complimentary snorkel equipment or sail boats. Overall the ME is thefor us the best value for $$ and will be the most affordable option to allow all our guests to go and enjoy the beauty of PC and a nice resort. I think better service and quality is of course to be found at the higher end resorts but for the purpose of the wedding week I think it will be fine. We have decided to stick with the ME for wedding, but instead of staying for an additional week for honeymoon, we cancelled our stay at ME and are looking at booking Iberostar Grand Bavara, the new Breathless set to open Nov 2013 or catching a flight and checking out Puerto Rico and the El Conquistador Resort instead.

Originally Posted by cmingalone View Post

Hi ladies! I'm so sorry I thought I posted this here already! Below is my review if my site visit to ME and Jellyfish. Please let me know if you have any specific questions or would like me to email you photos if ME or JF. We did meet Mayte and she is incredible we discussed some details and brainstormed menu. We are going with a customized 5 course dinner with a wine pairing! My fiancée is a chef and we learned Mayte studied under a Michelin sat chef in Spain so needless to say for 2 hours the goodies were speaking their own language and I was sipping wine and enjoying the view! Mayte even commented how she was thrilled to have a couple more food focused then decor! I told her that place is gorgeous and really needs minimal decor just beautiful candle lighting!

Hope this helps! Happy planning!

This trip was a site visit to the Majestic Elegance Resort and the Jellyfish prior to our wedding in February. We wanted to get a good understanding of what Punta Cana, and the resort were like so we could advise our guests appropriately. The one thing I learned was that this is by no means a US standard 4 star resort, I would say the 4/5 star rating online equates to 3 star in the US.

We stayed at the Majestic Elegance July 18-25th. We had junior suite in the Elle building-elegance club section.

The Elle building was great, it was very close to the beach and it had a great access to the Sea & See restaurant. I have already contacted our TA to put the request to have everyone stay at the Elle building. It is the only building that has both Elegance and non-elegance rooms. The ME is a very pretty resort, the grounds, and the pools etc are very nice and well kept.

It was unbelievably hot, I felt like I was laying out in Danteâ€s Inferno…I have travelled a lot and have never ever been as hot an uncomfortable as I was in PC in July. I live in South Texas where our summers are over 100 degrees with 100% humidity, but I honestly think I am very deconditioned to hot climates because of the A/C everywhere in Texas. I was not aware that the resort was an open air concept. The only A/C was in your room, the elegance lounge and some of the restaurants.

This is no fault of the resort, just more my own ignorance, but it did play a role in my comfort and experience during the week. I spoke to a ton of locals who promised my return trip for February will be a much different experience since the climate will be much nicer.

Room: Our room was 2251-Elle building. It was comfortable, it needs a facelift though. A fresh coat of paint would do wonders. The wallpaper was peeling in some corners and the wall was a little dingy. Nothing major, but if this resort was opened in 2008, it clearly shows they have not touched up the rooms (or at least our room) since the opening. We took Damp Rid and this helped the humidity level in the room tremendously. It last approx. 5.5 of the 7 days we were there, and you could definitely notice a difference on the 6th day, every surface including my ipad screen was damp. We received 2 wash clothes the last two days of the trip, but we took our own so it was not a big deal, but the reviews regarding washcloths and towels are true so take some with you.

Food/Sickness Issues: I was extremely concerned about the food/water/virus issue that was floating around the internet. So to say I went prepared is an understand statement. I took Lysol spray and sprayed down the room, doorknobs, light switches, toilet area especially, bar/fridge anything that anyone before us would have touched and possibly contaminated if they had been ill.

We started taking Cuturelle Pro-biotic one week before we left and continued it through the week while we were there. We took bottle water with us to the restaurants and declined the water from the pitcher when they went to pour it at the table. If you ask for bottle water they will bring it to you, but you have to ask. They go to the lobby bar to get it so itâ€s easier for them to put your water then provide bottle. We took it pretty easy during the day, had a couple beers or margaritas but stayed away from the coconut or sweet drinks. I had travel antibacterial with us everywhere we went and made sure to use it after touching common areas like computers or door handles etc. I took the single serving packets of Gatorade and we drank a couple of those a day to stay hydrated. We ate pretty clean, and simple, grilled fish, steak etc… We never got sick thank goodness, but we did meet a couple people at dinner who had been drinking the water in the restaurants and brushing their teeth with tap water and had issues. We used bottle water for everything, and made sure to use anti-bacterial after we washed our hands with tap water.

I will say on the day before leaving we took a ScubaAquatica excursion to Catalina Island, I took several bottle water with us from the hotel after I heard s few people complain about suspicious “purified†water on their excursion which was served out of a large cooler. During the excursions I notice the girl serving drinks did not have gloves on and did not use a cup or utensil to grab the ice for drinks. She was using her bare hand to put ice in cups for drinks and soda. We only had one beer each, but my fiancée ate lettuce, tomatoes, fruit etc while on excursion and had terrible diareahh the next day. Thankfully I had Imodium and he took one for plane ride home. We suspect it was suspicious food handling or unclean water that was used when washing and preparing salads and fruits. Other than that we ate the exact same thing, grilled chicken and rice etc.

Jellyfish: Amazing, incredible, beautiful. The food was fantastic; we had a lovely dinner fish and lobster and loved it. We met with Mayte and had a great 2 hour meeting, she is wonderful. Our trip to JF was definitely the highlight of our trip and if it wasnâ€t for the fantastic venue we will be having our wedding at, we would have moved venues to Aruba or Mexico.

Overall the trip was ok, nothing about ME or PC was incredible or terrible, it was just average. We thought the food at the ME was so-so (well I thought it was fine at some points and sub-standard at others but my fiancée is a chef and did not care for food at all). I think the average person, and most of our guest will be content with the food, but it is the only vacation I have ever been on where I came home 2 lbs lighter. It was also our first and last all-inclusive.

I can say one disappointment was the overall feeling like the resort was trying to get more money all the time…I know the Tropical Studios is not apart of ME, but they are a preferred vendor with a shop onsight…this was one example of many that happened during our visit. I contacted a rep prior to our trip to inquire about photo session fees for a one hour beach shoot and picture packages while we were there. We decided to get our professional engagement photos done during our stay. Initially, I spoke with our photographer and he was happy to do it, however once I heard back from Tropical Studios I choose to book with one of their photographers. I was told there was no session fee for guests of the ME and we could purchase pictures individually for $10 each or get a custom package. This sounded like a decent deal and saved us the fee from our photographer who was charging $100 I think but then a huge discount on photos This was all in writing through email from one of the managers of the studio. We booked our apt and showed up with the paperwork, they photographer guy said he didnâ€t need it and we were off to shoot our photos. He asked us to return later that evening to go through photos. We rushed through our dinner to arrive at the time he requested and he was not there and we were told to come back the next day. This was a little frustrating because we had an all day excursion booked on the last day and we were leaving early the following day. We rushed back again as soon as we got back to resort after excursion with about 30 mins to spare before closing. We talked to another person who started showing us our slideshow. The photos were overall nice quality but there were only 4-6 shots we really liked because a lot where with our eyes closed, hair in face, looking down etc…He finished the show with his sales pitch regarding going with a beautiful custom package starting at 250$ . When I told him we didnâ€t want the entire package but we wanted to hand pick a few a pay per photo, his turned very aggressive and almost rude and replied we need to order a minmum of $200 worth of photos or pay the $250 photo session fee. I explained my email communication and what the pricing was, he told me I was wrong and where was this email. I had it luckily still printed out in our room, so he demanded that I return later the next morning with the email and he would let me talk to someone about it. Well this did not work for us since they donâ€t open until 9 or 10 and we were leaving before that. Needless to say we are back home scrambling to get e-photos done and it was one of many bad service/bad communication issues that happened during our stay…donâ€t even get me started on the listing of water activities included on the website and in the printed brochure they give you upon arrival. It was like an act of congress trying to find out where to get the complimentary snorkel equipment or sail boats.

Overall the ME is thefor us the best value for $$ and will be the most affordable option to allow all our guests to go and enjoy the beauty of PC and a nice resort. I think better service and quality is of course to be found at the higher end resorts but for the purpose of the wedding week I think it will be fine. We have decided to stick with the ME for wedding, but instead of staying for an additional week for honeymoon, we cancelled our stay at ME and are looking at booking Iberostar Grand Bavara, the new Breathless set to open Nov 2013 or catching a flight and checking out Puerto Rico and the El Conquistador Resort instead.

Thanks for this review!

I decided with so many mediocre/bad reviews of ME/MC - pretty much people saying it's good for the cost, but not like it was amazing, which is the experience I wanted. So, I am going with Paradisus Palma Real. Super excited! 

Can't wait for my meeting with Mayte!