Photo

a reception with NO DANCING????

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 Gr8ful

Gr8ful
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:20 PM

PS. I think they had an agreement with the restaurant as to who they would use as their entertainment (again, it was just a guitar and a singer, who had a great voice). It was enjoyable to wedding guests and restaurant guests.

Also, there was no dance floor for their first dance -- if you think about it, you don't really need that much space to squeeze in a first dance unless you have some serious choreography that you have been planning. It was really very sweet....

#52 AishaB

AishaB
    • 2,350 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

My sister didn't have any dancing at her wedding and I don't plan to have any dancing at mine either. I think you have to come up with a very creative way to keep people entertained so the night is over and they never missed the dancing. I'm not having any alcohol so everyone will be sober. I am thinking about the fire dancers though so that will be some entertainment that will keep people amazed for a while. I only want a small group of people, so we can talk and laugh and just enjoy the beautiful scenery and have wonderful memories of the occasion. Good luck with whichever decision you make. Your day is going to be great nevertheless.
      BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#53 Mischaka

Mischaka
      • 969 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

My FI is a horrible dancer but he still will be dancing!! lol I couldn't imagine have a wedding with no dancing. Not my kinda wedding. I am requiring everyone to dance at mine. My family dances in the house all the time so there's no way we won't be dancing at the wedding.

#54 chipotle99

chipotle99
        • 311 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:38 AM

I think bad dancing is still fun dancing! Go for it, just load up on the tequila :)

#55 ali0284

ali0284
          • 226 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

I didn't want dancing either...not because my fiance can't dance, but because i'm terrible!!! I think I will have music playing in the background, just incase people decide they want to
            ~*I believe in the sand beneath my toes, the beach gives a feeling an earthy feeling*~

#56 hat0112

hat0112
            • 1,219 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 02:13 PM

If we have enough people for a reception (instead of dinner at one of the resort restaurants) we will have my ipod playing and if people dance, than great. We have quite a few people that love to dance (including me) that are attending the wedding. I think even if we end up not having a reception and only dinner, we will end up going out to a club to dance.
              Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#57 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
              • 426 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

I was about to respond to Sarah and then realized that post was from 2006!! I'm sure she's figured it out by now....but to anyone else who may be curious....we had 30 people at our reception and we danced, danced, danced. We had a blast, even those of us who are not exactly talented at it! I've never been to a wedding without dancing either. I would probably be on the edge of my seat all night waiting for it to start.

#58 CristiandJamie

CristiandJamie
                • 445 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TonyandTricia
                  I was about to respond to Sarah and then realized that post was from 2006!! I'm sure she's figured it out by now....but to anyone else who may be curious....we had 30 people at our reception and we danced, danced, danced. We had a blast, even those of us who are not exactly talented at it! I've never been to a wedding without dancing either. I would probably be on the edge of my seat all night waiting for it to start.
                  LOL! I was going to do the same thing but thank you for posting what you did... I'm trying to figure out what to do but think we will play some music and if people want to dance they can..
                  Cristi & Jamie
                  http://img.weddingco...er/7nhul9k2.png32 guests including Bride and Groom... and counting

#59 rdsjcr

rdsjcr
                  • 224 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

HAHAHA- dancing is a must

#60 hiccups

hiccups
                    • 224 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

I agree, dancing is a must!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users